1.    #1  
    I just today discovered that when my Pre is turned off, if anybody called their call isn't in the list of missed calls.

So if I have my phone off and someone calls, I will never know about it? Or worse, someone calls and asks me to call them back, but there's no phone number.

Is this a Pre thing or a Sprint thing?

Please tell me there's some way to fix this.
    If your phone is completely off, not sure how it would know you had a missed call since it would go straight to VM.

On all my sprint and verizon phones, there has never been a way to know there was a missed call (other than if they left a VM) if the phone is completely turned off.
  3.    #3  
    That's lame.

I came to Sprint from AT&T. When my phone (Razr) was turned on, I would be notified of the time and number of all calls to the phone while it was off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    I just today discovered that when my Pre is turned off, if anybody called their call isn't in the list of missed calls.

So if I have my phone off and someone calls, I will never know about it? Or worse, someone calls and asks me to call them back, but there's no phone number.

Is this a Pre thing or a Sprint thing?

Please tell me there's some way to fix this.
    The number will be in the voicemail, you can press a button, I think 5 to hear the number that left the message.

I have never heard of a phone getting notified of missed calls while it was turned off in my life, have you ever owned a phone like that? I doubt it. It would totally change the way missed calls work, they'd have to be stored on a server of somekind and then pushed to the phone instead of just stored on the phone.
    i have never heard of a phone that did this. that would be a nifty feature, but i didn't know it existed!
    I have owned many phones and whenever they are off I never see I missed call in my call log or any type of missed call indicator. If they leave a voicemail I just get the number of the person who called then. No biggie...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    As far as I'm concerned, if they can't be bothered to leave a message, I can't be bothered to call them back.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    A phone will only register a "Missed Call" if the phone is on, or if phone is able to be located during the phone call. There are occational times that you may have your phone on have so little signal that the phone cannot be found within the 20 seconds that the phone rings before going to Voicemail. The caller might leave voicemail and you would get a notification of it when you later move in to an area with reception or power on your phone, but your phone would show no missed call
    ive been selling sprint and alltel for years, and have never heard of a phone that registers missed calls when off
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    That's lame.

I came to Sprint from AT&T. When my phone (Razr) was turned on, I would be notified of the time and number of all calls to the phone while it was off.
    I've been with AT&T since TDMA days. And none of the Sony Erricson, Motorola, Panasonic or HTC phones would do that. My Treo Pro doesn't shut off.
    I guess this can't be a phone feature. My carrier sends out SMS (that are received when the phone is switched on) for missed calls. Have to subscribe for the service though (it's free on my carrier).
    Game over!
    I have the same problem. I know for sure that my other company I was with would tell me if I had missed calls when my phone was off. Switch company and now it won't do it.