Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    So this is a weird situation I find myself in. My beloved Pre is unable to receive calls. It can make calls all day long. Receive calls not so much. It doesn't appear to be a signal issue. I've got all kinds of bars and even EV-DO service. I can surf the internet all day long both with WiFi and EV-DO. Heck I can even send and get SMS messages.

Reboot hasn't helped. Reprovisioning the phone idem with fries. Refresh of network settings is inconsequential. Partial erase, no joy there; what does it even do all my apps even homebrew apps were still there. Full erase just removed the contents of the USB drive and left the homebrew apps behind as well. Finally even the good ol' WebOS Doctor paid a house call and while it did clean house good the ability to receive calls is not restored.

If a Sprint rep reading this post cares to look at ticket number with advanced support is 1234586360044083227. I did the erases all on my own after being told to go into the Store. One item of note is that when making a call the carrier signal strength meter (not the WiFi one) switches to "X", yet the call goes through. Not quite sure how important that is.

Will have to wait until after work tomorrow to head out to the Store. Fun!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Ended up being bad hardware on the handset. Got it exchanged for me.