Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I left sprint about 6 years ago because of bad SERVICE. I <<edited by berd>> HATE OUR LOCAL CORP STORE!!

So I had my Palm Pre for about 60 days now! So I went to TN for vacation and to see my brother for his 29th birthday! (Went to the rockstar fest in ALT GA! HAIL SLAYER AND MANSON!)

About half way through the trip I notice a dead pixel in the MIDDLE of the damn screen! So I was pissed! I was past the 30 day peroid. So I when I got back I decided to head RIGHT to the corp store the next day! So I went in READY to fight with the store to DEMAND A NEW PRE.....

So I got there.....and I tld them what I would and I was about 60 days with the Pre...The woman looked at me and I was ready to fight for it...But I did not have too...She looked up my number on the phone number with the account and she told me "We can get you a new one. It will be here tomorrow" I was speechless. I sat there nodding my head just saying "Alright then..." She then looked at the order and looked to me sorta upset. She goes "The bad news is it wont be here tomorrow. They are on back order." So I said "Alright" She then took my phone over to her manager and she came back and told me. "We are going to give you a new one". I WAS JUMPING FOR JOY! So she pulled out a box and turned it on and she told me to log into my palm profile and the phone will be good to go!

So I get home that night. I logged into the phone and ALL my contacts and apps downloaded them self! The bad news is.....This Pre had dead pixels too...At first I was gonna deal with it. Then while going to bed I layed there thinking I want my old Pre back. That dead pixel wasnt so bad. The new one had 3-4 dead pixels. So I wake up and go into the store prepairing to ask for my old phone.

So I asked for my old phone and the lady looked at me funny and said "You want a BROKEN PRE?". I said "No but the pixels on that one are not as bad" She took the new phone outta my hands and looked at it. She then goes "Yup I see your dead pixels" I then just nod. She goes into the back and comes out with a box. I thought it was my old one and I thanked her for my old Pre. She then opens the box and laughs at me and says "WE WONT SEND YOU HOME WITH A BROKEN PRE! WE WANT YOU TO HAVE THE BEST PHONE POSSIBLE!". I then laughed and she made me check this phone. I have now had it for 2 days and its PREFECT!

I switched companies from Verizon back to sprint. My phone went on my parents contact so it only cost me $20 a month to use it with her family plan. I figured Id deal with back service from the store to save my self $100 a month. (Verizon is around $120 a month for one phone for me....) Boy was I wrong.....Thats what a new store manager can do.....I now love sprint customer service.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 07/31/2009 at 01:23 AM.
    I am so glad someone has posted something like this. I have not had a single issue with my Pre or Sprint over the last 4 1/2 years. I have had the Treo 650 and 755p and man I was hard on them. I had insurance on the phone and would kill them about once a year. Back pocket carrier and all.

I believe I replace 3 650's and 1 755p and had a new phone in a hour each time.
    I called customer service today about setting up a payment, and was off the phone in under 2 minutes. The woman I spoke to was very nice, as they always have been when I've called. I've had my spats with sprint customer care( especially when I was younger and had a hard time keeping up with my bill), and they've always told me, if you just call us nd let us know what's up, we can be much more flexible.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    So I left sprint about 6 years ago because of bad SERVICE. I <<edited by berd>> HATE OUR LOCAL CORP STORE!!

So I had my Palm Pre for about 60 days now! So I went to TN for vacation and to see my brother for his 29th birthday! (Went to the rockstar fest in ALT GA! HAIL SLAYER AND MANSON!)

About half way through the trip I notice a dead pixel in the MIDDLE of the damn screen! So I was pissed! I was past the 30 day peroid. So I when I got back I decided to head RIGHT to the corp store the next day! So I went in READY to fight with the store to DEMAND A NEW PRE.....

So I got there.....and I tld them what I would and I was about 60 days with the Pre...The woman looked at me and I was ready to fight for it...But I did not have too...She looked up my number on the phone number with the account and she told me "We can get you a new one. It will be here tomorrow" I was speechless. I sat there nodding my head just saying "Alright then..." She then looked at the order and looked to me sorta upset. She goes "The bad news is it wont be here tomorrow. They are on back order." So I said "Alright" She then took my phone over to her manager and she came back and told me. "We are going to give you a new one". I WAS JUMPING FOR JOY! So she pulled out a box and turned it on and she told me to log into my palm profile and the phone will be good to go!

So I get home that night. I logged into the phone and ALL my contacts and apps downloaded them self! The bad news is.....This Pre had dead pixels too...At first I was gonna deal with it. Then while going to bed I layed there thinking I want my old Pre back. That dead pixel wasnt so bad. The new one had 3-4 dead pixels. So I wake up and go into the store prepairing to ask for my old phone.

So I asked for my old phone and the lady looked at me funny and said "You want a BROKEN PRE?". I said "No but the pixels on that one are not as bad" She took the new phone outta my hands and looked at it. She then goes "Yup I see your dead pixels" I then just nod. She goes into the back and comes out with a box. I thought it was my old one and I thanked her for my old Pre. She then opens the box and laughs at me and says "WE WONT SEND YOU HOME WITH A BROKEN PRE! WE WANT YOU TO HAVE THE BEST PHONE POSSIBLE!". I then laughed and she made me check this phone. I have now had it for 2 days and its PREFECT!

I switched companies from Verizon back to sprint. My phone went on my parents contact so it only cost me $20 a month to use it with her family plan. I figured Id deal with back service from the store to save my self $100 a month. (Verizon is around $120 a month for one phone for me....) Boy was I wrong.....Thats what a new store manager can do.....I now love sprint customer service.
    While your service from Sprint was exemplary, how do you feel about the build quality of Pre's? I mean, just look around the forum for endless posts about dead pixels and other issues, prompting many forum posters to complain (or boast) of getting 4 and 5 Pre's. Wouldn't it make you happier to own a quality product, rather then relying on Sprint's largess to keep you in new Pre's??
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 07/31/2009 at 01:24 AM.
    I've been with Sprint for 11 years now. CS as of late has noticeably improved, though I've never had such bad treatment in the 11 years at any point that I've actually wanted to leave. Most of my issues in the past have been billing issues but I've always been able to get them taken care of. I know others who have had bad experiences so not to say Sprint is perfect.

Glad to see your latest experience with them has been positive.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    While your service from Sprint was exemplary, how do you feel about the build quality of Pre's? I mean, just look around the forum for endless posts about dead pixels and other issues, prompting many forum posters to complain (or boast) of getting 4 and 5 Pre's. Wouldn't it make you happier to own a quality product, rather then relying on Sprint's largess to keep you in new Pre's??
    The Pre doesn't feel cheap to me. Plus this is a first gen product. Even with the new Iphone release and BB tour they all suffer the same issues. Not everything is perfect 100% of the time.

Even if the Pre was a **** device this isnt about the Pre it self. It was how good sprint handled my issue. That one visit changed my view on the company.
    Not to discount any build issues, but I think the OP's point of the post was Sprint CS.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Captain Kill-Joy! We're so glad you could make it.

This wasn't about the build quality of the phone, it was about Sprint's service and how they're dealing with the situation.

Glad to hear the OP receive good service. I've received similar good service as well because unfortunately I had to return my Pre because of the bubbled screen. New Pre with all the accessories, plus the battery from my previous phone.
    You went from having what I considered one of the best posts on the forum, to one of the least thought out. Forums like this are going to have more issues per capita than the general populous. These types of forums represent the extremely vocal minority. There are also PLENTY of people on this forum that are loving their phone, and not having the issues others are having. I dare you to find a forum for a device or vehicle that doesn't make the vehicle look bad because of the minority of users being the most vocal.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    The Pre doesn't feel cheap to me. Plus this is a first gen product. Even with the new Iphone release and BB tour they all suffer the same issues. Not everything is perfect 100% of the time.

Even if the Pre was a **** device this isnt about the Pre it self. It was how good sprint handled my issue. That one visit changed my view on the company.
    And that's the Key with New technology. What can you do to make it right.

If you want to be on the Cutting edge you have to expect to bleed a bit. I need a company that that is quick with the Bandages and Sprint has been getting much Better.

Glad it worked out for you I'm still on my launch day PRE and happier then ever with it.
    This is interesting. It goes to show that its all about whom you talk to. Sometimes my experience with Sprint is great. Other times its absolutely terrible! Yesterday I had to call CS and it was absolutely terrible. The reps I talked to (two reps) both made it seem like they were doing me a favor by offering me a chance to exchange the phone. I have insurance and really did not need their permission nor them "allowing" this opportunity.

For some reason my phone was not syncing with anything and would not even perform a full reset. It became laggy and my battery drained 3x faster than normal. This was becoming frustrating because this is my second Pre (I know some of you had to exchange 3,4 or even 5 times) Even though I am a strong advocate of the Pre, it was becoming time consuming. I didn't call CS for permission for the replacement, but for the possibility (only if my replacement phone becomes buggy) of upgrading to a different phone via their discount. They thought my request was over demanding and out of line. Considering I have been a Sprint customer for several years and have a family shared plan totaling up to 4 lines, I figured it was a reasonable request.

Nevertheless, I hope the replacement turns out better than my first replacement. If not I will consider wether or not I will stick with Sprint or not. Their phone and online chat CS have been ok (sometimes good & sometimes bad), but my in store experience have usually been terrible. Ranging from long visits, tremendous hassle, and accusatory Store reps which gets frustrating.

Now, like someone else mentioned, there should be more accountability from both Sprint and Palm. Hopefully, my post doesn't get taken the wrong way. I think the Pre is a great phone (I have stated this in the past over and over), yet I have never had to return any of my phones (Treo's to the Touch Pro) as much as the Pre.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    300,000+ Pres in the wild.
    How many forum users?
    I also had a good customer service moment recently (they credited me for the $100 rebate I was being denied for an absurd reason).
    If my next bill is accurate, I've promised I would tone down my sig.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

FWIW, I have been with Sprint for 8+ years with multiple lines and multiple phones, living from the east coast to the midwest to the southwest, with considerable travel to points in between. My experience with CS has been very good and my coverage has been very good MOST of the time. Of course, no company is perfect, but I have to say I have been pleased with Sprint overall and have frequently recommended them to others. And now that they have the Pre, I REALLY have a reason to push Sprint!

My two cents...

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Man Sprint is a great company and sooo cheap to besides they are about to beat AT&T at customer care.

Sprint= good service, cheap, getting good at customer care

ATT= good service(voice only) more expensive plans, customer service is declining.
    i have the same situation with the bad pixel, but I've rooted my pre and done some custom stuff so I don't know If i want to give it up....can i go in and show them so they can order me a knew one without wiping it? I mean can they deny me a replacement because of me rooting and changing stuff??
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I too switched from verizon where cs has never really caused grief. I am picky about phones and exchanged my omnia and its battery with them due to problems with a bad screen and the abysmal battery life that like the pre improved with time.

Sprint has surprised me with there cs being equal if not better than verizon, and certainly way more personable. At my corp store they will let you schedule a time to meet with them that is convenient for you ! Verizon would have me wait quite some time and never offered to meet my schedule. That's icing on the cake
    Sprint has treated The Goat like a king for 5 years now. No issues to report at all.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    300,000+ Pres in the wild.
    How many forum users?
    Are you trying to soft-pedal the problems that the Pre has with quality control?? Just wondering.
    Are you trying to soft-pedal the problems that the Pre has with quality control?? Just wondering.
    ...or are you trying to hard-pedal them by going into every single thread where someone posts a positive experience and crapping all over it? On a forum for a device that you don't even own. Seriously, what is the point? A fanboy is obnoxious, but a troll is a pitiful little creature that smells like sewage.

Either buy one or don't.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast