Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    ...or are you trying to hard-pedal them by going into every single thread where someone posts a positive experience and crapping all over it? On a forum for a device that you don't even own. Seriously, what is the point? A fanboy is obnoxious, but a troll is a pitiful little creature that smells like sewage.

    Either buy one or don't.
    Sounds reminiscent of "he can't be a man because he doesn't smoke the same cigarettes as me" (Rolling Stones lyrics in case you are clueless).

    I have my opinion and you have yours. Stop crapping on my posts.
  2. #22  
    Just a kind reminder guys;

    If you have to get creative to try and mask a foul word, it's still a forum violation.

    Foul and inappropriate language - This forum is used by people of all ages, so please keep posts and links family appropriate. We use software filters to block some common language use and will not tolerate any attempts to beat such filters.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...uncements.html
    Just call me Berd.
  3. #23  
    Currently own a Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile phone line (Radioshack Salesman), and after a few years I have to say Sprint is by far the most superior service to all of them.

    Sprint has the best plan rate amongst them (sure I pay employee rates, but their theoretical consumer cost is still the best), coverage is perfect (in SF there is not a single spot my Pre has below 4 bars and lacks EVDO, with the exception of UNDERGROUND SUBWAY), and customer service has always been the best with Sprint.

    I think Sprint has really turned the company around from what they were several years ago, their new Emperor rules wisely.

    Regarding the build quality of Pre itself. I think it's just fine and no worse than most other phones on the market. There are going to be lemons, and people never go on the internet to say "My experiance is as expected", they always complain, so it looks bloated. Not to mention there was an article here on PreCentral that 40% of the users here have returned their Pre, this is NOT representitive of the whole population however, as PReCentral points out, this merely reflects that most of us here are picky power-users who want nothing but perfection from their phone.

    I mean does mine Oreo twist? Slightly, nothing to where it's an actual problem with the function of the phone. And out of the 13 I've sold since it's release in my store last Monday I have not seen a single return, though I have had lots of people coming back harping about how amazing their little plastic stone is.

    Personally I've never heard of this pixel problem, I did hear of a guy who's screen cracked in half, but I mean when Sprint bends over backwards to give their customers a new Pre whenever they ask, does it REALLY matter that much? It's not like your Pre has any trouble retrieving data between phones...
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Sounds reminiscent of "he can't be a man because he doesn't smoke the same cigarettes as me" (Rolling Stones lyrics in case you are clueless).

    I have my opinion and you have yours. Stop crapping on my posts.
    Say way to contribute to the OP's post. Sounds reminiscent of "I have an opinion of a phone I don't own and write a post in a thread that has nothing to do with what the original poster said." (Trolling Stone lyrics in case you are clueless. Its a one man band. Its only member is a guy that calls himself 1812dave. He's a no hit wonder.)
    I have a Pre and you have - wait you don't have a Pre. Get outta here.
  5. atlanta's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    #25  
    i personally never have problems with sprint.
  6. #26  
    I've been telling people for at least a year that Sprint doesn't deserve it's bad reputation any more.

    Now if they could do something about their 3rd party stores...
  7. ecb1171's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #27  
    I'm new to Sprint. Due to a slight obsession with cell phones, I've been with every other carrier at least once. I was very concerned coming to Sprint primarily due to the horrible reputation Sprint has with customer service.

    I've had to replace my original Pre (purchased on launch day) and the customer service both over the phone and at the store could not have been better. I came away with a new Pre and the experience calmed any fears I may have had regarding Sprint customer service. I'm hoping that the level of service does not drop off now that I am beyond my 30 day return window but, based upon my experiences to date, I'd put Sprint up there with both ATT and Verizon customer service.

    Regarding the questions over build quality. I think that there were some substantial QC issues with the early batches of Pre's. Given the high number of posts and articles regarding the early build quality, it's more than just a small vocal minority having issues. it seems like the build quality is now much improved, but to dismiss any and all poor build quality posts is being delusional.

    As far as the software is concerned, I think webOS is further along than one would expect for a new OS. The key is how quickly Palm will keep pushing out firmware updates to improve webOS. As of now, Palm's done a great job of pushing out firmware updates and I have to believe they'll continue to be aggressive with the updates.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    If my next bill is accurate, I've promised I would tone down my sig.
    Good luck. I haven't had an accurate bill in months.

    Sprint CS varies depending on who you speak with and how thick their accent is.

    They are all nice, it's just I get sick of having to speak with ALL of them.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Say way to contribute to the OP's post. Sounds reminiscent of "I have an opinion of a phone I don't own and write a post in a thread that has nothing to do with what the original poster said." (Trolling Stone lyrics in case you are clueless. Its a one man band. Its only member is a guy that calls himself 1812dave. He's a no hit wonder.)
    I have a Pre and you have - wait you don't have a Pre. Get outta here.
    That is HILARIOUS!!!

    Anyways, I know everything is anectdotal but many of my friends and family frown upon the idea that I recommend Sprint because of the hearsay regarding their poor CS. I usually agree with them, recalling some of my own instances (especially when I started out). But I also follow that with an overall analysis. Sprint, in my case, has a better service/product selection than most other carriers which means I rarely have to deal with CS. I usually have good signal and the warranty and insurance on my devices almost always fixes any hardware issues (does AT&T even offer insurance for smartphones?). Billing problems are the weak area for Sprint's CS, and some of my friends have shared my frustration in this area. However, dealing with Sprint the few times that I have, no matter how infuriating, is better than dealing with ****-poor data coverage, expensive plans, locked down phones, and a lack of phone choices. Now that Sprint's CS has gone to charm school, WATCH OUT!!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecb1171 View Post
    I'm new to Sprint. Due to a slight obsession with cell phones, I've been with every other carrier at least once. I was very concerned coming to Sprint primarily due to the horrible reputation Sprint has with customer service.

    I've had to replace my original Pre (purchased on launch day) and the customer service both over the phone and at the store could not have been better. I came away with a new Pre and the experience calmed any fears I may have had regarding Sprint customer service. I'm hoping that the level of service does not drop off now that I am beyond my 30 day return window but, based upon my experiences to date, I'd put Sprint up there with both ATT and Verizon customer service.

    Regarding the questions over build quality. I think that there were some substantial QC issues with the early batches of Pre's. Given the high number of posts and articles regarding the early build quality, it's more than just a small vocal minority having issues. it seems like the build quality is now much improved, but to dismiss any and all poor build quality posts is being delusional.

    As far as the software is concerned, I think webOS is further along than one would expect for a new OS. The key is how quickly Palm will keep pushing out firmware updates to improve webOS. As of now, Palm's done a great job of pushing out firmware updates and I have to believe they'll continue to be aggressive with the updates.
    It is a small vocal minority. This forum has, last I looked, 57k members, not all of those members own Pre's, and I don't see 57k threads about phone issues. 57k of some 300-400k phones out there, and then a minority of those 57k users, the numbers definitely point to a small minority.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    This is interesting. It goes to show that its all about whom you talk to. Sometimes my experience with Sprint is great. Other times its absolutely terrible!
    This should be obvious to you, but I will try to put it another way. Sometimes members of this community post meaningful things in the forums, and sometimes they don't. Doesn't mean PreCentral.net sucks, just means the people here aren't perfect.
  12. #32  
    I've had two sprint CS experiences in the past couple of years. My last BB was on Sprint but I had zero contact when I owned that one.

    The first was when I got my Pre (through Corporate) and spent a half hour activating with a young lady (from the other side of the world) who refused to let me off the phone until she was sure that the device was working perfectly.

    The other was when I went in a local store to buy my TS, and had three people in there running around trying to find me the right car charger and searching the whole store for a USB cable that they handed over free of charge.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post

    Now if they could do something about their 3rd party stores...
    I AGREE!!! I despise the affiliate owned store in my home town. I can never get a straight answer from any of them!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    This should be obvious to you, but I will try to put it another way. Sometimes members of this community post meaningful things in the forums, and sometimes they don't. Doesn't mean PreCentral.net sucks, just means the people here aren't perfect.
    Not too sure where you got the impression that I believe Precentral.net sucks Let me redirect you to one of my previous posts http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...thank-you.html

    I agree that some posts are meaningful and others are not. Never denied this. All I am stating is that people need to be reminded that one person's experience may not result in another's experience. Sometimes people forget and decided to call and fictitiously claim to have tons of problems. These false claims to either get a free Airrave, free minutes, discounts applied to their act, pick 3, etc..... causes Sprint to be less tolerable to valid and actual issues.

    So what may be obvious to me may not always be obvious to you!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    Not too sure where you got the impression that I believe Precentral.net sucks Let me redirect you to one of my previous posts http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...thank-you.html

    I agree that some posts are meaningful and others are not. Never denied this. All I am stating is that people need to be reminded that one person's experience may not result in another's experience. Sometimes people forget and decided to call and fictitiously claim to have tons of problems. These false claims to either get a free Airrave, free minutes, discounts applied to their act, pick 3, etc..... causes Sprint to be less tolerable to valid and actual issues.

    So what may be obvious to me may not always be obvious to you!
    LOL OUCH

    I was trying to make a point with the PreCentral.net thing. What you said in your previous post was "like" saying that this site sucks because of a few crappy posts.

    Anyway, I will not deal in the allegorical anymore.

    All I am stating is that people need to be reminded that one person's experience may not result in another's experience
    This just proves my point. A person has a crappy experience with a Sprint rep and naturally extrapolates that Sprint the company sucks. These experiences usually coincide with a rediculous request, like free Airave, or free phone even though I am not eligible.

    It stands to reason that the most vocal will be the complainers. So, I think it wise to see more posts like this. Sprint doesn't suck, at least not anymore, and it is good to see these good/great experiences. Otherwise, potential customers are left to read the complaints and assume that Sprint sucks because no one has anything good to say.
  16. verks's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    #36  
    I'm thinking about switching to Sprint for the Pre and better plan pricing. I bought Pre yesterday to test it and the coverage for 30 days. Went to a corp store and had a great experience. Friendly people and no waiting. Just to setup the phone and plan in store took 20 minutes less than my at&t experiences. I will be saving $50 a month switching my family (4 phones) over and that ads up quick. So far I'm very happy with the Pre and coverage. Just need to get use to the real keyboard again after the iPhone. After one day I did have to exchange my phone due to dust under the screen and some yellowing at the bottom.

    It's good to hear about positive experiences.

    Verks
    Go Bucks!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    While your service from Sprint was exemplary, how do you feel about the build quality of Pre's? I mean, just look around the forum for endless posts about dead pixels and other issues, prompting many forum posters to complain (or boast) of getting 4 and 5 Pre's. Wouldn't it make you happier to own a quality product, rather then relying on Sprint's largess to keep you in new Pre's??
    Sir, I don't know about everyone else here, but I've dropped my phone about four times by now since getting it at the beginning of last month, and it has neither broken nor have I needed a new one. The only time I had a problem was the first time I dropped it and it wouldn't slide open. I took it to Sprint and they fixed it in 10 minutes.

    Anyway, I've been with Sprint for nearly five years and I have nearly no complaints about their customer service or phone quality or pricing plans. Only thing that ain't too cool is the fact that once I move away from cities the network goes on the decline. Then again, I'm never without service when not at San Juan.
  18. #38  
    I've been with Sprint for 7 years, and can't remember a negative CS experience. I think the attitude that folks bring into the experience helps guarantee the outcome of the experience.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I've been with Sprint for 7 years, and can't remember a negative CS experience. I think the attitude that folks bring into the experience helps guarantee the outcome of the experience.
    Gotta love people who blame the customer for Sprint's customer service woes which are well known throughout the industry. Certainly, some people create some of their own problems but that's a red herring in the case of discussing Sprint's lackluster performance compared to other carriers which enjoy a lower churn rate despite having higher prices than Sprint. I'm sure Sprint would LOVE to raise prices, but due to their problems attracting/keeping customers, they don't DARE.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Gotta love people who blame the customer for Sprint's customer service woes which are well known throughout the industry. Certainly, some people create some of their own problems but that's a red herring in the case of discussing Sprint's lackluster performance compared to other carriers which enjoy a lower churn rate despite having higher prices than Sprint. I'm sure Sprint would LOVE to raise prices, but due to their problems attracting/keeping customers, they don't DARE.
    The customer is always right, unless they are a whiny, obnoxious, or otherwise resemble a donkey's rear end. I have found that with any issue, large or small, you get a lot more done by being a respectful human being.

    I know that you are probably going to reply to this message telling me what a moron I am, and that will just prove my point. Maybe you should adopt a less combative stance with people and then see if your impressions of Sprint/anyone else change.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions