Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just got a replacement Pre in the mail, and it was logged in as someone else in Pandora!

Be sure to completely erase your device if you're sending it back to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nebj00la View Post
    I just got a replacement Pre in the mail, and it was logged in as someone else in Pandora!

Be sure to completely erase your device if you're sending it back to Sprint.
    This came up once before. Has anyone seen data other than Pandora being there with a refurb?
    I have seen someone elses NAI info (under Device info), and I had that happen on 2 different phones.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I swapped mine twice at a Sprint store and made sure to wipe it before leaving the store. Be proactive if you return or swap yours
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Refurbishment of the units should include a complete wipe. No clue why these wouldn't be wiped. I'll send off a email that will go back to the refurbishment center tomorrow.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I'm in Raleigh, NC, just picked up a replacement Pre today. Pandora is logged in as "daveandrachael@*********.com". Not to mention this one has light leakage, so, I will be replacing this one as well. Now starts my endless cycle of "refurbished" Pre's...

*quick edit*
    I was just poking around in the logistics report... my MSID is not my number, but is a local area code. My question is, are these things being refurbished at Sprint, or are the local stores just taking these returns, cleaning them up, and handing them back out?

Warranty date on this one is 5/11/09.

the firmware when handed to me was 1.0.2.

ACTDATE is 1/1/2005 (not sure what this one means).
    Last edited by rdgoeson4ever; 07/29/2009 at 08:36 PM.
    When you say light leakage do you mean light coming through cracks around the Pre's screen, cause I have this along with heating and yellow scars on my screen aswell. Its very annoying Im going to get my 3rd Pre tommorow...
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    giving them the benefit of the doubt- is it possible that pandora reads the meid when you first log in and then links that hardware to the account? and then from then on untill you do somethign on pandora's website it goes by the MEID?

I know that Good Mobile Messaging identifies the device MEID on WM and Palm OS devices and uses it for identification at times.
    Well, I may be describing something different than what everyone else is seeing. I have three very distinct "shadows" (on white screens) "white spots" on dark screens at the bottom of my screen just above the gesture area. I call it leakage because it looks to me like the back light is sneaking through the screen to create these spots.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgoeson4ever View Post
    Well, I may be describing something different than what everyone else is seeing. I have three very distinct "shadows" (on white screens) "white spots" on dark screens at the bottom of my screen just above the gesture area. I call it leakage because it looks to me like the back light is sneaking through the screen to create these spots.
    Mine has that. I'm not too worked up over it.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgoeson4ever View Post
    .....*quick edit*
    I was just poking around in the logistics report... my MSID is not my number, but is a local area code. My question is, are these things being refurbished at Sprint, or are the local stores just taking these returns, cleaning them up, and handing them back out? .....
    Your MSID is not always the same as your phone number. This is normal. If the MSID were incorrect you would not be able to make and receive phone calls.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Your MSID is not always the same as your phone number. This is normal. If the MSID were incorrect you would not be able to make and receive phone calls.
    yep.

I'm pretty sure that once you port your number the first time that your MSID will never again be the same as your phone number.

I'm sure there are other things that de-couple it too.
    I returned my Pre (yellow "stains" along the bottom of the screen) and was assured that they completely wipe all data at the shop. (Wish I'd done it myself!) If any of you get my old Pre, please don't access my flight account numbers, bank accounts, or IRS PDF's!

Actually, the only thing I think I had on there was the addresses and phone numbers of everyone in my church, so please don't annoy them, either!