Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    i have been contemplating on getting the pre for quite some time now and the only thing holding me back is signing a new two-year service agreement...

so, i think i will just get one off ebay...

my current plan is a family plan, voice+txt and i will obviously have to switch to the SE plan, but my question is, will i be able to switch back and forth between my current plan, using my current phone and the SE plan by calling CS when i feel like it?

thnx in advance !!
    You can switch as often as you like, you can even do it right online yourself, just make sure you do it on your billing cycle date or you will pay pro-rated charges each time...
    You can switch as often as you like, but only to currently offered plans. You can NOT switch back to an old, grandfathered plan. So be careful.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnaL0R View Post

my current plan is a family plan, voice+txt and i will obviously have to switch to the SE plan, but my question is, will i be able to switch back and forth between my current plan, using my current phone and the SE plan by calling CS when i feel like it?
    How many phones on your Family plan? Since you only get two free, that will impact the family plan when you switch. There are different rules between indivual and family plans, and that may cause some problems. Why not just switch your family plan to the Simply Everything Family Data? It's not going to be that much more than the plan you have now, and less than having a seperate SE plan on one phone.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by pastchiefparson View Post
    You can switch as often as you like, you can even do it right online yourself, just make sure you do it on your billing cycle date or you will pay pro-rated charges each time...
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You can switch as often as you like, but only to currently offered plans. You can NOT switch back to an old, grandfathered plan. So be careful.
    I used to work as a sprint asl customer service rep and what happens when you switch your plan online that plan you just chose does not go into effect until the next bill cycle. it will go on the first day of the billing cycle but on the next month not the current one. Also that ASL department (one i used to work in) could actually backdate to the first date of the current cycle, it didn't matter if your cycle ends tomorrow we could still backdate to the first date to avoid prorogation charges and cover any overages that you may have incurred for minutes, data, etc... Also with the right plan promise, you will not renew the contract when switching plans but be cautious when you do decide to change your plan they will charge you a month in advance of the plan of your choosing. Also that quote of the grandfather plan (i.e. free incoming plans) those would not be able to added back on the account again. you can but its a total hassle and a rep would not be able to do it or even a supervisor sometimes either, for that you may have to speak with a retention rep (aka cancellation department) since they have access to them but i'm not too sure even if they could. If you're interested i could provide the number to that dept. and they would be able to assist on that or other issues and that dept. is located in the U.S. so no foreign person who cant understand you or you can't understand.