Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Can't get the 1.1.0 update on either of our phones.

Call tech support. After getting transfered 4 times (and needing to give my personal info all four times) I explain the issue.

Tech comes back to say the latest version is 1.0.4.

She wants to know how I found out about the update ... Ummm, the message on my phone? Every tech web site on the Internet? Palm web site?

She hums and hahs and says there is nothing she can do.
    I had this issue and the partial erase wouldnt work, it would just hang and not do anything. I also could not remote wipe it from the web. After calling Sprint and being passed off to Palm tech for over an hour I figured out how to fix it. Try going to device info, reset options then partial reset, if that doesnt work use the fix below.

Before starting this you might want to backup your phone, set it up as usb and copy wallpapers ringtones etc from it. Also it couldnt hurt to backup the phone goto launcher then click backup.

Ok now on to the fix.

1. I got the MSL # from sprint Just call them and tell them you spoke to Palm and they need you to do a full reset and need the MSL I got it right away.

2. Dial ##786# scroll to the bottom and click reset enter the MSL and click ok. Mine hung and didnt reset. If yours does then youre all set just re log into palm profile and youre good to go.

3. I downloaded the Palm Os Doctor from Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Using Palm webOS Doctor

4. Restarted phone and computer (not sure if it was necessary but its what I did)

5. Turn off phone.

6. Launch Os Doctor install the drivers click through.

7. Press the up volume key (side key that you use to raise the volume)

8. Plug in the usb cable while holding the up key.

9. You should see a large white usb icon on the phone.

10. Click next on the OS Doctor program it will redownload the software from the server and upload to the Pre. You should see a large arrow and microchip on the screen.

Once this was done I was able to sign into the palm profile and update.

Hope this helps.