Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint seems to be reverting to its old ways, and people should be aware. In my situation, they promised one thing during the 30 days, and then reneged on it after the 30 days expire. Their CS people were inflexible in dealing with this issue.

I am going to have to look elsewhere for service, port my numbers to the new service, and then fight Sprint on the termination fees. The question is, where? Should I go to ATT for the iPhone, T-Mobile for the new Android phone, or Verizon for its great network? Which is best for a multiline account with full data? Which has the best coverage in San Diego?

It's funny because instead of deciding it was too long to read and moving to a different thread, a bunch of people here decided they needed to post comments to tell us it was too long to read. As far as being a sprint vs. pre issue, let me know what network exclusively carries pre. Can the Pre be used without a phone plan? Just curious.

For those who want to help by answering the questions I had at the end of my post, your comments will be appreciated. If anyone wants to know the specifics of what Sprint did, feel free to IM me.
    Last edited by meriwether; 07/24/2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Edited to make shorter
    I feel for you...but im not reading all that.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Wait I thought I was logged onto Precentral, not some Sprint forum.

My time is valuable too, so I not reading it either. Not even if it was Pre related.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    The look on your avatar's face along with that comment just made me spit coffee.
    wow , i dont think anybody will read this novel, ,short and to the point would have made a bigger impact.
    blah blah blah valued customer.. blah blah deserved credit.. blah blah retentions....

I'm so tired of seeing these whining crying.. sprint/palm owes the world to you posts. I'm glad you wrote a novel and had a chance to vent but I'd say most of us are pretty happy. So whats the point? Do you want sympathy?
    I will paraphrase:

"Sprint didn't do what I wanted back in 1999, and they didn't learn and screwed me again in 2009. I hate them"

Better?
    I read it all and it sounds bad, but in concurrence with the others, this is a topic for a Sprint forum, not a Pre board.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I read it all and it sounds bad, but in concurrence with the others, this is a topic for a Sprint forum, not a Pre board.
    ditto
    well everyone has there own personal problems with sprint. Not everyone but some people. Depends where you live and which employee you talk to.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    +1

As a side note dunno why people still speak to CS they obviously have no clue whats going on half the time, just ask to be transferred to acct. services and explain your issue more than likely they will work something out with you to keep you as a customer (and they usually do it the right way and not the half arsh way) ..
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I will paraphrase:

"Sprint didn't do what I wanted back in 1999, and they didn't learn and screwed me again in 2009. I hate them"

Better?
    Much. And all I'll have to say is good luck finding any company who won't screw up a bill once every 10 years.
    My fingers tried just from scrolling through this one. Sent it to Sprint and call the Loyalty Group.
    "Well, I don't favor talkin' to vermin, but I'll talk to you just this once." --John Wayne
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Go to VZW, and just put all these bad CS issues to rest. VZW has very good service in San Diego. They might be a little pricey but their CS is far better than any other carrier I deal with. Now the rest of the posters here with the snide remarks...........get a life please or wait till you are in this poster's shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    Go to VZW, and just put all these bad CS issues to rest. VZW has very good service in San Diego. They might be a little pricey but their CS is far better than any other carrier I deal with. Now the rest of the posters here with the snide remarks...........get a life please or wait till you are in this poster's shoes.
    What if I have been in the posters shoes with VZW?

(Not sure how we started talking about footwear though.)
  16. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    i feel for ya
    but seeing as how im bored at work at sprint ( i work for em) ill toss in my 2c
    it blows but such is life if you havent tried retentions id give them a call as they usually take care of business, and if you got that rep's ID number/name id pass it along to them as they may be able to fire her punk *** or do somethin
    anyways hit them up, because if they cant take care of you no one can
    866-840-9537
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    When did you have all the time to write that. Jezz
    Ummmm....

kthxbye
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I will paraphrase:

Better?
    No, in fact far worse. It shows you have a reading comprehension problem.

I had problems with Sprint billing quite frequently from 1999 until 2009. One, about 5 years ago, was a very large mistake, and necessitated an administrative filing, which was resolved in my favor. During the past 2 years, it has probably been 2 out of every 3 months that I have to call in on something. Sometimes they are big somethings. During 1999-2006, dealing with billing was extremely difficult. During 2006-2009, the billing problems were still excessively frequent, but were far easier to resolve.

Got it now?
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I'd stay away from Verizon, they are worse than AT&T about not allowing outside competition.

And, then of course, don't go with AT&T.

T-Mobile, if the coverage in your area is good, is probably the best given your unhappiness with Sprint.

Heck, if you want to either find used devices or pay full retail on new ones, you can use Flex-Pay which offers all the post-paid plans but no contract. And their group/family plans with MyFaves are the least expensive of AT&T/VWZ.

The myTouch (followup to the G1) is due out in 2 weeks as well (next, sexy Andriod Phone).
    Last edited by Clack; 07/24/2009 at 05:38 PM.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast