Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    no attacks.....thread should just be moved.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    And in all honesty this is where all those threads and posts should go....SprintUsers.com Message Forum or if you are partial to Precentral than go here http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-north-america/ or if its just you want to see yourself continually typing bout nothing here...http://forums.precentral.net/off-topic/
    Sure, while you're at it, point me to the Precentral forum guideline that says that discussions of Sprint are verboten. I will comply with all guidelines and rules that the forum has, but not necessarily those of the self-appointed thread police.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Well I don't know what happened to you but sprint has been more than good to me. I don't think that I would ever go back to AT&T.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    Well I don't know what happened to you but sprint has been more than good to me. I don't think that I would ever go back to AT&T.
    I don't think I would go to ATT either. Only reason would be for iPhone, and that exclusivity will end in another year anyway.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Also I don't know exactly what sprint did but as a last resort you could call Sprints executive customer service number, they can do all kinds of stuff normal in-store,customer service and retentions cannot do.

Unless you've already made your decision final they i go back to my original post of maybe check out a android phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Sure, while you're at it, point me to the Precentral forum guideline that says that discussions of Sprint are verboten. I will comply with all guidelines and rules that the forum has, but not necessarily those of the self-appointed thread police.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-threads.html

Its stickied so it cant be missed.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-threads.html

Its stickied so it cant be missed.
    OK, you linked a thread that says search first, and post in correct forum. There are by my count, 4 sub-forums listed, and of course there is this general Pre forum. This is more of a general Pre issue, dealing with the Pre carrier, than an issue that fits into the subforums. I recognize that you disagree. I absolve you of any obligation to read this thread.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    Also I don't know exactly what sprint did but as a last resort you could call Sprints executive customer service number, they can do all kinds of stuff normal in-store,customer service and retentions cannot do.

Unless you've already made your decision final they i go back to my original post of maybe check out a android phone.
    If you would like, I can IM you with the gory details, but when I posted those initially, I got a bunch of replies that it was too long. So rather than get into the details of why I am dissatisfied, I just asked my question: What carrier should I switch to and why. If you want the story, just let me know.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Ive had Sprint for 7 years..good service and cost, treated me fairly, and the few times I needed to deal with costumer service I ended up happy.

Should I start a thread about it?
    Same but with more years..

Start the thread, and make sure its really long. Turn a couple sentences in several pages....
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    If you would like, I can IM you with the gory details, but when I posted those initially, I got a bunch of replies that it was too long. So rather than get into the details of why I am dissatisfied, I just asked my question: What carrier should I switch to and why. If you want the story, just let me know.
    I'm curious but i'd say you don't have to since i probably couldn't give you much advice as to getting whatever it is fixed.

I guess it comes down to if you feel you have reached that decision to leave sprint and its final, which you seemed like you kind of decided that. I'm probably not the best person to recommend another carrier as i've been with sprint for over 10 years so i can't even remember who i was with before them lol. I only said T-mobile as they seem to have the only android phones right now ( that i know of off hand) and it seems like a decent platform. My girlfriend has an iphone but she'd only recommend it cause she thinks it cute LOL. Her bill is like $30 more a month than mine for pretty much all the same stuff though. Typical girl Form over Function and doesn't worry one bit about the costs.

I should note she plays with my Pre more than her Iphone since i got it.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Wow, I can't believe I read the whole thing! Oww I read the whole thing! Truth is, you will do whatever you decide. The decision is yours - not ours, and i'll apologise ahead of time for saying - we don't care. If you are questing information regarding other services w/other phones - why are you asking questions on a sprint /pre forum? Why not hop on a att, or verizon forum and question folks? It would sure be more effective in helping you to make your departing solution. None of us here are going to call sprint on your behalf...
  12.    #72  
    Thanks to all who responded constructively. To those whose responses were "kthx" or "seeya", you really have issues that we cannot address in this forum. To those who pretended to be concerned about thread propriety, but whose real agenda was to shut down negative discussions of any kind, I say, "get a life". I have never seen a post praising Sprint or the Pre that got any such attention. Really, if you like the phone, as I do, can't you survive having someone say something against it, or the carrier, or at least move to something you are interested in? There is a lot of authoritarianism in the air these days.....
    later dude.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Is it finally gone?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Thanks to all who responded constructively. To those whose responses were "kthx" or "seeya", you really have issues that we cannot address in this forum. To those who pretended to be concerned about thread propriety, but whose real agenda was to shut down negative discussions of any kind, I say, "get a life". I have never seen a post praising Sprint or the Pre that got any such attention. Really, if you like the phone, as I do, can't you survive having someone say something against it, or the carrier, or at least move to something you are interested in? There is a lot of authoritarianism in the air these days.....
    Well i was honest with my suggestions

but you should have known what the bulk of responses were going to be. This forums is no different that than a BB or iphone or any of big name phone/gadget forum. Theres no shortage of fanboys. I used to think iphone fanboys were king but pre fanatics are not far behind.

Not that I'm saying fanboys are some evil thing so don't jump on my ****.

As for me. Tell me you love your Pre more than anything thats cool. Tell me you hate it, hey thats cool too. Tell me the only phone on earth that isn't crap is the iphone, yep thats fine with me too.
  16.    #76  
    Yes, you were honest and trying to help, like two people ought to be able to communicate.

Can you imagine if people spoke to each other the way the anonymous posters on a web site do? Nothing would ever happen because people would be punching each other all the time. You're sitting at a diner, eating breakfast, see someone who has a Pre too, and you say, "hey, I've got a pre, too. Look, I'm having a problem with Sprint CS, they lied to me, then let my 30 days pass, then told me they aren't going to honor their word. What do you think I should I do?"

Can you imagine the guy sitting next to you going, "See ya", "bye", "are you through yet", "man are you still here", "I have no problems with sprint, don't know why you are whining" and all these types of responses that I got here? Or the guy behind the counter going, "this diner is for Pre lovers, take that kind of talk outside!".

No, you'd either get a "too bad, dude, here's what you should do" if the guy was knowledgable, or if not, a shrug of the shoulders and a sympathetic "those bastards", or at worst the guy might say "excuse me" and sit somewhere else, if he is Dan Hesse's nephew and doesn't want to hear Sprint being badmouthed.

People use anonymity to allow themselves to drop the civility with which they live the rest of their lives. It's one of the downsides to participating in any online forum.

I guess I expected a little bit of fanboy talk, but I thought I would get more genuine responses than I did. Maybe my expectations were too high. Sometimes the initial response sets a tone, and this one started with a put down. With blood in the water, the sharks started circling. It took about half of the first page for a genuine, kind, response to come, and by then, the feeding frenzy was on.

I appreciate your comments. I agree, I don't care if someone loves or hates any phone. I'll give my 2 cents, and what I like and dislike, and if I disagree with someone, it is not my mission in life to take them on and beat them down. I just go read a different thread.
    Being that I was the first to respond I think you should also note that I also said that I felt for you in your situation.
    But you wrote a short story detailing a ten year relationship with Sprint that was to say the least an unsatisfactory experience for you.
    You had already made your mind up that you were leaving Sprint..good for you, you had enough you were moving on.
    But I do not agree with why you felt the need to post about it..I made a valid point that my relationship with Sprint has been a good one, yet I do not feel the need write a summary of that experience, you skirted the analogy and personally attacked me, yet I never responded in kind.

The fact of the matter is that tomorrow you will go to another carrier, get a new phone and for your sake, I hope you end up happy.
    You will more then likely never post here again and you and this thread will be forgotten.

What else did you expect to happen?
    I want to see if I follow the logic here...

You decide to go to a different carrier, and to get information about other carriers, you ask on a web site that's dedicated to a phone that only operates on the carrier you wish to leave.

Seems like you would be asking on just about every forum except this one (and others like it).

Or, maybe finding out about other providers was just a cover story? Think about it... might be time for a little introspection...
    Meriwether,
    I too live in San Diego and I can honestly say I'm getting better coverage with my Pre than I did with the iPhone on AT&T previously. I also borrowed a Treo 650 for a bit 'cause I broke my iPhone about a month before the Pre came out and coverage was about the same as the iPhone.

I couldn't classifly the AT&T coverage as BAD by any means, it was actually pretty good, but it's a little better for me on the Pre / Sprint.
    I'm actually still an iPhone fan even though I like the Pre better and the new 3GS is VERY fast.. got to play with it for a while.

I had Verizon before the iPhone and it was definitely the best coverage (no surprise), but phones suck.

Not sure about T-mobile in this area.
    Cricket SUCKS, my buddy had them for a while and was CONSTANTLY dropping calls.

Don't know if that helps, but that's my experience around here.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    i have zero complaints with sprint and have been with them since '97. good luck with your new carrier and new set of problems.....
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast