Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Others may be more expensive, but my time is valuable, too, and dealing with Sprint billing errors on an almost monthly basis more than makes up for the difference in cost.
    I personally am with tmobile (using a rooted g1) and wish they offered a GSM pre that would work with tmobiles 3g network (1700/2100). From what i've seen tmobile has some of the cheapest plans out of any of the carriers. If you like your multitasking and whatnot the g1 or magic (mytouch3g) can do it pretty well. Obviously not as good as WebOS, but most definitely better then the iphone. As far as network coverage you can always check tmobiles coverage maps on there website. Also one more thing if you do decide to go and get a android device with tmobile and do heavy email/texting id say go with a g1 just because of the hardware keyboard. I have the onscreen keyboard that comes on the mytouch and i also have the on screen keyboard that comes on the htc hero and i still prefer the hardware qwerty over both of them. Other then that there's no real difference between the mytouch and the g1. No difference in ram, processor, etc. Just no physical keyboard.
    O and one more thing the customer service with tmobile is fantastic. I had some problems with them a couple months ago and not only did they take care of my issue (i had to call multiple times) but they also gave me a month free.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I feel for you man! .. the Pre ain't worth all that. Hell, they should pay you $5 a month for putting a airrave in your house that is using your electricty(3 amps) and your internet just because the Pre sucks at keeping a signal.

I had to go from a decent low cost family plan to a high cost simply everything family.. and the Pre only works when I'm using my own wifi or near a wifi spot. Hardly no signal and dropped calls when I am away from the airrave. What am I paying all this money for?
    Quote Originally Posted by nitussi View Post
    I feel for you man! .. the Pre ain't worth all that. Hell, they should pay you $5 a month for putting a airrave in your house that is using your electricty(3 amps) and your internet just because the Pre sucks at keeping a signal.

I had to go from a decent low cost family plan to a high cost simply everything family.. and the Pre only works when I'm using my own wifi or near a wifi spot. Hardly no signal and dropped calls when I am away from the airrave. What am I paying all this money for?
    Good question, what are you paying all this money for? You had 30 days, if it didnt work for you, return it. Where are people's common sense??? Its a phone, not a kidney.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    I personally am with tmobile (using a rooted g1) and wish they offered a GSM pre that would work with tmobiles 3g network (1700/2100). From what i've seen tmobile has some of the cheapest plans out of any of the carriers. If you like your multitasking and whatnot the g1 or magic (mytouch3g) can do it pretty well. Obviously not as good as WebOS, but most definitely better then the iphone. As far as network coverage you can always check tmobiles coverage maps on there website. Also one more thing if you do decide to go and get a android device with tmobile and do heavy email/texting id say go with a g1 just because of the hardware keyboard. I have the onscreen keyboard that comes on the mytouch and i also have the on screen keyboard that comes on the htc hero and i still prefer the hardware qwerty over both of them. Other then that there's no real difference between the mytouch and the g1. No difference in ram, processor, etc. Just no physical keyboard.
    Thanks for the informative response. Because I have been on Sprint, and looking to get the Pre, I have not followed the other phones out there that closely, with the exception of the iPhone. You can't avoid all the articles comparing the Pre and the iPhone. I will look into t-mobile's coverage in my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    No, in fact far worse. It shows you have a reading comprehension problem.

I had problems with Sprint billing quite frequently from 1999 until 2009. One, about 5 years ago, was a very large mistake, and necessitated an administrative filing, which was resolved in my favor. During the past 2 years, it has probably been 2 out of every 3 months that I have to call in on something. Sometimes they are big somethings. During 1999-2006, dealing with billing was extremely difficult. During 2006-2009, the billing problems were still excessively frequent, but were far easier to resolve.

Got it now?
    I know you have problems with Sprint, and I really do feel for you. I have been there with Sprint and VZW.

The problem I have is posting this in a Palm Pre forum. Your post was meant to convey your deep dissatisfaction with Sprint. It was very lengthy and some are compelled to read it. Much like a car wreck, or toilet paper on someones shoe, you just have to look. I felt by shortening it down to its base points actually helped you get your point out.

1. Sprint gave me the shaft

2. Sprint gave me the shaft again

3. I hate Sprint.

Please feel free to continue posting on the Pre forums about how much you dislike Sprint. Just don't be suprised if some here don't agree, or don't care.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Good question, what are you paying all this money for? You had 30 days, if it didnt work for you, return it. Where are people's common sense??? Its a phone, not a kidney.
    Really.. And why do they think other people care? Are they looking for some pity or are they trying to poison the well?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The people who act like board members trip me out! I'm like all the other beta-testers on here, Hopping it gets better!.
  9.    #29  
    Thanks, I was considering calling retentions. They saved the account last year when I had 3 months in a row of terrible billing issues. We were on the everything family plan, and I was getting hit with $500 in text charges, and hundreds in data charges, etc., and it seemed to take several phone calls a month to get them removed. Their computers apparently were not properly set up to switch people over to the new plan when it came out.

I was so mad about them reneging that I had just decided to leave. I will have to think about whether to call retentions. But I appreciate your constructive input.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    i think the CS has improved a lot from what it was back in 1999 if they ever give any grief ask to be transfered to rentions if that does not get what you need or want from them call the executive CS line( Consumerist - Sprint: When All Else Fails Call The Consumerist Hotline - Sprint ) they are the best when working with sprint just make sure when they look up your account they say that you have already called in about the issue
    just out of curiosity i went and looked at t mobile's coverage maps and it says the signal strength is strong for San Diego and all its neighboring cities, and you also have 3g coverage all through out San Diego and its neighboring cities.
    In all seriousness, if your problem is with Sprint, then why is it on the PRE Forum?? What does your customer service/billing problems with Sprint have to do with the PRE, aside from the PRE is the phone you have(or might not even have).

Posting here isnt going to get you anywhere...and this is truly just an off-topic thread. My suggestion go to a Sprint forum, or other carriers to get the info you want.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I know you have problems with Sprint, and I really do feel for you. I have been there with Sprint and VZW.

The problem I have is posting this in a Palm Pre forum. Your post was meant to convey your deep dissatisfaction with Sprint. It was very lengthy and some are compelled to read it. Much like a car wreck, or toilet paper on someones shoe, you just have to look. I felt by shortening it down to its base points actually helped you get your point out.

1. Sprint gave me the shaft

2. Sprint gave me the shaft again

3. I hate Sprint.

Please feel free to continue posting on the Pre forums about how much you dislike Sprint. Just don't be suprised if some here don't agree, or don't care.
    TO POGEY:

Sorry, but no, you still don't have the gist of it.

It is more like: Sprint used to suck, everyone knows that.

Sprint has improved quite a bit, but their former problems still haunt them. My experience has been good recently.

I am disappointed to learn that Sprint is reverting to some of its bad old habits. Any Pre owners who are on the Sprint network (what percent would that be, by the way?????) might benefit from learning about my experience.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    just out of curiosity i went and looked at t mobile's coverage maps and it says the signal strength is strong for San Diego and all its neighboring cities, and you also have 3g coverage all through out San Diego and its neighboring cities.
    Thanks, I will be checking it out today.
    TO POGEY:

Sorry, but no, you still don't have the gist of it.

It is more like: Sprint used to suck, everyone knows that.

Sprint has improved quite a bit, but their former problems still haunt them. My experience has been good recently.

I am disappointed to learn that Sprint is reverting to some of its bad old habits. Any Pre owners who are on the Sprint network (what percent would that be, by the way?????) might benefit from learning about my experience.
    Yay! Now if you had just posted that, then people wouldn't have flamed you because of your novel.

I still say this is the wrong place to put this post, so I feel you are wrong to post your very long, but action packed story in this forum. It is fair to say that most of us Pre owners either have no issues with Sprint, or do, but don't care enough to read your novel.

I guess, what I mean is that you are not educating people. You are venting, and that definitely feels nice. Just vent to someone who can do something about it, like Sprint.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    In all seriousness, if your problem is with Sprint, then why is it on the PRE Forum?? What does your customer service/billing problems with Sprint have to do with the PRE, aside from the PRE is the phone you have(or might not even have).

Posting here isnt going to get you anywhere...and this is truly just an off-topic thread. My suggestion go to a Sprint forum, or other carriers to get the info you want.
    Duly noted, thanks.

Who is the carrier for your Pre?
    Ive had Sprint for 7 years..good service and cost, treated me fairly, and the few times I needed to deal with costumer service I ended up happy.

Should I start a thread about it?
    No, in fact far worse. It shows you have a reading comprehension problem.

I had problems with Sprint billing quite frequently from 1999 until 2009. One, about 5 years ago, was a very large mistake, and necessitated an administrative filing, which was resolved in my favor. During the past 2 years, it has probably been 2 out of every 3 months that I have to call in on something. Sometimes they are big somethings. During 1999-2006, dealing with billing was extremely difficult. During 2006-2009, the billing problems were still excessively frequent, but were far easier to resolve.

Got it now?
    And you signed a new 2 year contract with them?? Why???
    I had the same issue a about a year ago with the same deal and I spoke to a supervior and faxed the a copy. They took care of it right away. I guess it is a matter of getting the right person on the phone. I have not had any issues with Sprint in a long time exceot for that and to me it was not that big of a deal.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Yay! Now if you had just posted that, then people wouldn't have flamed you because of your novel.

I still say this is the wrong place to put this post, so you are 100 percent wrong posting it here. It is fair to say that most of us Pre owners either have no issues with Sprint, or do, but don't care.

I guess, what I mean is that you are not educating people the way you think you are.
    I did post that, but you saw a need to filter down, and did so incorrectly, and now say that if I had posted what I did post, people like you would not have flamed away. Sorry, your logic fails.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast