Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I pay my monthly bill each month. I walk into a sprint store on pre launch day, and couldn't buy a pre that day. The Rep tells me my account is in great standing, and that I can oost it to my account. I said I wouldn't be able to pay my monthly bill, and pay for the pre for a few months. He said since my account is in great standing, I can just pay the phone portion of the bill, and pay for the pre when I can. I said are you positive? My girlfriend and I use r phones for work, and in case of a emergency comes up with our 22 mo. Old son. He said my account would be fine, and our service would not be affected as long as I paid at least the monthly bill. She is finishing school, and we won't be able to pay the pre off til she gets her better paying job. So my service is now going to be turned off as of sunday, and there's nothing that can be done. I was lied to so the guy at the store could make a sale, and my girlfriend and I will be without a phone, which'll great when it comes to emergencies and when some1wants to get a hold of my girlfriend for a interview!!!
    Come on man seriously, "pay it when you can"? You have alot to learn grasshopper
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    To quote The Duke--"Life is hard, it's even harder when your stupid."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    Come on man seriously, "pay it when you can"? You have alot to learn grasshopper
    QFT, exactly what Im thinking, why would you even think about "buying" a PRE if you knew you couldnt afford it for awhile? Its a cell phone, not a credit card.

These threads really are getting worse and worse.
    Yeah man, stupid Sprint expecting me to pay for a service they are providing!

You realize that its been almost two months since launch day, right? I'm guessing they didn't expect you to take *that* long to pay. And did you actually talk to someone in the billing department about this?
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I feel for you man, but seriously don't buy stuff you can't afford. Chalk it up as a life lesson and move on.

Get a prepaid phone too, if its only for emergencies and interviews.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnshire View Post
    I pay my monthly bill each month. I walk into a sprint store on pre launch day, and couldn't buy a pre that day. The Rep tells me my account is in great standing, and that I can oost it to my account. I said I wouldn't be able to pay my monthly bill, and pay for the pre for a few months. He said since my account is in great standing, I can just pay the phone portion of the bill, and pay for the pre when I can. I said are you positive? My girlfriend and I use r phones for work, and in case of a emergency comes up with our 22 mo. Old son. He said my account would be fine, and our service would not be affected as long as I paid at least the monthly bill. She is finishing school, and we won't be able to pay the pre off til she gets her better paying job. So my service is now going to be turned off as of sunday, and there's nothing that can be done. I was lied to so the guy at the store could make a sale, and my girlfriend and I will be without a phone, which'll great when it comes to emergencies and when some1wants to get a hold of my girlfriend for a interview!!!
    Well, technically he's right. That's what I did. I put down 200, and I had 150 or so put on my bill. As long as your bill is paid you should be below your spending limit. But you need to pay your phone off ASAP, or they can cut your service for you being late on your ENTIRE bill (including the phone).

Yeah, so if you couldn't afford it, you shouldn't have bought it. No phone is worth living beyond your means.
    Why would you buy something you cant afford to pay for?
    I can feel for you a little bit, agents have been known to talk out of their butts. However it seems obvious that you would have to pay for it on yer next statement. you should have known better. At least trusted and verified.
    Did you tall to financial services about a thing called "payment arrangement"?
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsa334 View Post
    +1
    how hard is it to pay for a 300$ phone and wait for the rebate? I can see why sprint wouldn't want to prorate it over the 2 year cycle so your bill is only 20$ more a month, cause if you break it in the middle of 6 months you're not going to want to pay 1.5 years for the rest of a broken phone. Anyway good luck with it, i know someone who they charged it to their bill and the phone never showed up on their bill for 2 months and counting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsa334 View Post
    THese kind of comments aren't necessary.
    to the OP I suggest you get the Phone when You have the extra money, Think of your 22 month old child a lot more important than a phone.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Why would you buy something you cant afford to pay for?
    Exactly
    How is you not paying for what you got Sprint's fault???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Wow. Unfortunately it sounds like the sales rep fed you a line to make a sale. I'd visit the store and speak to that salesperson's manager. Lying to a customer is UNACCEPTABLE.
    The store manager may be able to help you get some help from the billing department to keep your service going, but they will probably want the full bill paid within 30 days no matter what kind of help they get you.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    This is why our economy is what it is today, everyone likes to blame the polititians but in reality they are a reflextion of society, and our society is selfish, greedy, and hell bent on forever living beyond their means.
    You know what happens why you buy something you can't afford? You go into debt. Very simple math. No sympathy here. sorry bud.
    You need to change your title... this is in NO WAY Sprints fault for you not being able to afford service... Thats why they make cheaper phones, no one forced you to buy the Palm Pre.
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

It's unfortunate that one person making something up can frame someones reference for an entire company.

If the OP is right, and the rep did say that he could pay when he could, then the rep needs to be fired, or at least put on bathroom cleaning duty for a month.

However, the OP would be well advised to remember the "Too Good to be True" rule. Going into debt to buy a phone is silly. Save up, and buy the Pre when you can afford it. You will be happier in the long run.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast