1.    #1  
    my Palm Pre heats up something awful in about 10 minutes when i talk on it...I love the phone but i can't deal with a fireball next to my ear...so i call Sprint and the guy says i can get a exchange or a different model phone no charge...

I call my Sprint store to confirm this and the rep in the store tells me that "I am full of S%^&...her exact words after i explain my problem and she tells me that Pre's do not get hot...then HANGS UP.

Sorry guys...at the end of August I am buying my blackberry bold and going back to ATT....
    Enjoy paying more for a more marginal service because of a bad cs experience. But I have to warn you it can happen anywhere.
    Hey Greece!

I had the same issue. I took my phone to sprints repair center and they have special instruction to exchange every pre that comes with a problem. I'm on my third pre, the first one was overheating, the second one had a bad slider, but the third one is working perfect! no problems at all.

Try taking the phone to the store before you give up. There will be alot more to come with this phone.
    Agreed czz7661, it can happen anywhere. Instead of returning an awesome phone, you should speak with the girl's manager.
    Really? The rep said "You're full of &*%$#" ???
    I know if that happened to me there would be a District Manager doing backflips to keep me from becoming the biggest complainer ever to climb the corporate chain of command.

Don't judge an entire company on one moron. Like they say in New York: Don't get mad, get her job.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Really? The rep said "You're full of &*%$#" ???
    I know if that happened to me there would be a District Manager doing backflips to keep me from becoming the biggest complainer ever to climb the corporate chain of command.

Don't judge an entire company on one moron. Like they say in New York: Don't get mad, get her job.
    I'm still wondering how you pronounce "&*%$#"...

Seriously, I'm always a little suspicous when a person says their leaving over the actions of one person. If it's true, they are doing a disservice to the company by not reporting the problem, along with the person's name. Sprint can't fix a "problem" they're not aware of.
    Last edited by hparsons; 07/23/2009 at 07:13 PM.
    I have had a horrid time with Sprint for many years now. I spend an hour every month explaining to a foreign person that they over charged me AGAIN.

The bad news is the other companies are the same. If you have a bad rep then hang up and call again. I have also learned to make sure to ask all reps to make notes in my account about any promises thy make or any fixes they apply to my billing or account in any way.

Remember, don't fight the crappy system. You can't win. Hang up and call back until you get a decent rep who doesn't lie, make things up, or is rude. Always be nice and play stupid and ask the same questions more than once. When they start giving you different answers to the same questions call them out on it kindly. Never shout or be rude back to them. It doesn't help and only raises your blood pressure. Hang up and call back until you get a more competent person. Good luck...
    Quote Originally Posted by Greece2000 View Post
    my Palm Pre heats up something awful in about 10 minutes when i talk on it...I love the phone but i can't deal with a fireball next to my ear...so i call Sprint and the guy says i can get a exchange or a different model phone no charge...

I call my Sprint store to confirm this and the rep in the store tells me that "I am full of S%^&...her exact words after i explain my problem and she tells me that Pre's do not get hot...then HANGS UP.

Sorry guys...at the end of August I am buying my blackberry bold and going back to ATT....
    I'm not sure which comment I find funnier--you apologizing to the Prefans, or the Prefans giving you grief for signaling your intention to buy a BB. You guys feed off each other. Do you really want to wear a sign that says "kick me"?? That's what happens when you post ANYTHING negative about the Pre here.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Sprint has definitely sub-par customer service versus T-Mobile, for instance, but the cell service itself is way better, the coverage is better, and the speeds are better (check PC World's A Day In The Life Of 3G report for details).

Customer service sucks, yeah, but life goes on. Don't ditch service for something else cause you're not stoked on it. I work at Walgreens in the pharmacy and anytime someone tells me "**** THIS PHARMACY I'M GOING TO LONGS" - I see them in line the next day. We, as customers, get mad - but we can't deny the $.
    Quote Originally Posted by dylandersen View Post
    Sprint has definitely sub-par customer service versus T-Mobile, for instance, but the cell service itself is way better, the coverage is better, and the speeds are better (check PC World's A Day In The Life Of 3G report for details).

Customer service sucks, yeah, but life goes on. Don't ditch service for something else cause you're not stoked on it. I work at Walgreens in the pharmacy and anytime someone tells me "**** THIS PHARMACY I'M GOING TO LONGS" - I see them in line the next day. We, as customers, get mad - but we can't deny the $.
    What planet do you live on!?

I have a friend who works for T-Mobile and thinks it has the worst CS out of all the carriers (close to AT&T). With my short run with T-Mobile I grew ill at how bad the CS was

I still don't know what these people are talking about with sprint CS, they have done nothing but help me in a very efficient manner every time I call (And I call a lot) or go into their store. I have had them clean my phone, replace batteries, give me tips and tricks if I ask pretty much do anything to help me out as a customer.

I call BS on this one. That girl would not cuss out a customer, she would lose her job.

Out of all the stories I have heard this one is the most ridiculous and is the shortest, so...believe what you will
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Don't let the door hit u on the way out! Seriously though... I think this post is BS. If it did happen then the girl probably just quit or got fired or something and decided to take it out on u. Just call against, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    I'm not sure which comment I find funnier--you apologizing to the Prefans, or the Prefans giving you grief for signaling your intention to buy a BB. You guys feed off each other. Do you really want to wear a sign that says "kick me"?? That's what happens when you post ANYTHING negative about the Pre here.
    The OP wasn't really saying anything negative about the pre, in fact they mention they love the phone other than a heat issue which sounds like they were willing to try a replacement. It sounds more like it is Sprint the OP has issues with, although I'd hope they had other issues with Sprint than just one Corp store employee. I'd bet a simple talk with a manager could have remedied that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    The OP wasn't really saying anything negative about the pre, in fact they mention they love the phone other than a heat issue which sounds like they were willing to try a replacement..
    I was speaking in general terms, when I mentioned "negative". Wasn't my interpretation of the OP's post, but simply a comment in general that applies to this wild & wooly forum. Hope that clears THAT up.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience. If anyone in my store spoke to a customer this way they'd be fired faster than...well fast anyway.

I'd recommend visiting the Sprint store asking them to exchange the unit for you either under the 30 day exchange policy or as a service and repair replacement. And I'd make sure to explain to the manager how you were spoken to and treated. Don't let one bad employee ruin your Pre experience.

The Bold is a decent phone but the new Blackberry Tour on Sprint is a better deal monthly and a better phone.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.