Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I currently have my pre on a 2 year contract with sprint. My girl wants to get a pre and add a new line of service with them. We plan on converting my plan to a family plan and sharing the minutes. If I purchase a Pre on eBay for her will they let me activate it and add the new line without a 2 year agreement?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well, if you purchased it outright without any discount price commitments for the Pre, you should be ok, but the $20 add a phone per month probably a connection fee.
    No. Sprint requires a 2-year contract on new lines of service* even if you bring your own equipment.

Just purchase the Pre on a 2-year for $200 and if you have to cancel early you will still come out ahead as there is now a sliding ETF fee.

*Sprint does have a no-contract plan but you indicated you wanted a Family plan which requires new lines have a 2-year.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Bummer. I guess Ill just sign-up on another contract. Thanks for the replies.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    You could also just buy one off of Ebay. Prices range from $275 - $330 for a new or barely used one with no contract...
    The second line is weird, as it has its own contract time line that is separate from the main account. ED1500 doesn't charge for a second line per month. Of course there is the obvious cost of a family plan but no "additional line charges" apply till line 3.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Beware of signing up with a girlfriend under any type of contract item. It is a real pain in the *** when you break up. Just speaking from experience
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by girthfingers View Post
    Beware of signing up with a girlfriend under any type of contract item. It is a real pain in the *** when you break up. Just speaking from experience
    We're getting married in September so my commitment goes beyond the phone.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by girthfingers View Post
    I had similar experience luckily I was able to transfer the contract to her name when we split
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    dude, i'm selling mine if you'd like it - my son loves his, but i just want a plain email reader again (blackberry)

got a mint pre, xtra charger for wall.cable, car charger and invisible shield...em me if you're interested (i'm in boston)
    Quote Originally Posted by myeyez View Post
    We're getting married in September so my commitment goes beyond the phone.
    Oh you are good to go then. Good luck with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by melo View Post
    I had similar experience luckily I was able to transfer the contract to her name when we split
    You are lucky. I am sitting on a DirecTV contract for 2 years at the moment. Every month I get a constant reminder of how stupid I am when the bill comes in the mail. Oh yea, I dont have a place for a satellite at my house so I can't even use the service. lol.