Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok I have been going through the advanced exchange 3 times within my 30 days. I keep getting defected pos refurb pres. After my 30 days is over I go in with a oreo phone demanding a brand new phone since they didn't give me any new phones within my 30 days. This guy named levi tells me he will order me a new phone and it shall be in a week or so. I come back in a week and pick up this new phone. Overall the phone looked pretty good and it had no oreo. I am happy and drive home. I open up pandora and all of these other radio stations that are not mine are on there. Thats odd, huh. I sign out of the pandora and enter into mine. So far so good, I am happy even if it was someone elses since it seemed like there was no defects. I get home and try to make a call and it said my account cannot be validated. I rush up to the sprint store again to get it taken care of.

I show mr levi all of the info on the phone that shows that someone had it before me. He keeps saying "I just got it out the box." Then why the hell would it have a hairline scratch? Why would it be activated on 6/18? Why would it not have a protector? He then fixed it so I can make calls now. He yelled at me and gave me a ton of ****. I was pissed and it was closing time. I made the mistake of giving up because I thought the phone was fine. I go home and then night time came. Then I realize that one of the keyboard lights is out. I go through more info and see that in device info that there was a different phone number that was not mine and some other info that didn't match me.

I go in the next day after work to talk with mr levi to give him the business. He was not there of course. So then a lady who looked like the manager talked to me. All she did was lie to me some more and say that she had no authority to do anything. I told her all the lies that were said to me. She claimed that she did inventory and I had gotten 2 brand new phones. UHHH you are seriously going to lie to my ****ing face??? I gave them the business and they just say that they can't do anything. She told me the two store owners will be there the tomorrow and I can talk to them. I told her to make sure that they would be there when I get off work. I WILL demand a new phone.

So tonight I decided to call up the number that was in my device info. The guy was nice and he said yeah I returned that phone because the keyboard light went out. He was quite mad that his number was in there and requested that I return that phone and tell them to make sure his number gets off of it. I apologize to him, and he was nice about it. I knew that it bothered him.

So when I go to the store tomorrow I will request a new phone and I will tell them that they made two people mad now because of this. I have hard evidence against them now. I would love to have them lie to me one more time, I will give them some tough ****.

All I want is a pre that is part of a good batch, not refurbed pos's or a phone that someone else returned for a defect. I will not stand to being lied to.

Edit: Here is the store info if anyone is interested

Freedom enterprises 5608 NW Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK‎ - (405) 722-7243‎
    Last edited by sothrowd08; 07/22/2009 at 07:42 PM.
    Can you say lawsuit.
    Sounds like you are at a third party dealer. You should verify if it's a corporate store, if it is call *2 when in the store and they'll fix them.

If it's a third party store - call Sprint and complain - then go to a corporate store. They are usually better.
  4.    #4  
    Or I can just scare away customers and keep saying how much of a liar they are. I will be loud and I will scare people away.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Sounds like you are at a third party dealer. You should verify if it's a corporate store, if it is call *2 when in the store and they'll fix them.

If it's a third party store - call Sprint and complain - then go to a corporate store. They are usually better.
    its a third party, and I will make them follow through with what they told me. They told me they were going to get me a BRAND NEW phone and they will follow through.
    Please contact me with the store so I can send it to the right people. These 3rd party dealers are giving Sprint a bad name and are violating their agreements with Sprint.
    Damn...I work for Sprint too and I would never do such a thing.

why on earth would they give you someone Else's Pre?? if they know its also defective????

If I was you...I would call to customer care and ask to speak to tech support. Tell them ur issues with the phone and they can order your replacement. That way...your replacement can be sent to your house and you dont have to deal with that store again.

If they tell you that you need to order the phone at an actual store.
    "No, they can do it too"

If they tell you that a tech needs to inspect the phone first
    "no, Sprint does not allow techs to work on the Pre yet so theres no point in going to a store"

If they still give you problems
    "have them look at your device history...there they can see the number of Pres you have gone through"

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I ad a similar experience. I had a screen defect. I was suspicious when the phone I received as a replacement had the original screen protector pulled halfway off out of the box and lint and hair under it as well as fingerprints all over it. After bringing it home anyways, trusting that the unit was not previously used, I noticed another, larger screen defect as well as a large amount of oreo twisting. Interestingly, the screen defect was in the area that the protector had been pulled off. I ws told it was the last one they had. Otherwise, they would have to have one shipped to me in a few weeks (after the 30 return window.) I now suspect that the phone was previously rejected by another customer as defective and used to replace mine. (Can't prove it of course.) I wonder if some stores are doing this to discourage exchanges or to see if someone will accept one defect over another. It might explain why some people get mulitple replacements as I did.

To end the story, another sprint rep had me call back in a few days when a new shipment was in. The second replacement appeared as new. It has a slight oreo which I am not happy with, but I am unwilling to spend the time to exchange it again. Sometimes the enemy of good is better, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    Or I can just scare away customers and keep saying how much of a liar they are. I will be loud and I will scare people away.
    And very likely end up in jail. No matter how "right" you think you are (and it does sound like you are), when you enter their store, you're on their property. You do not have the right to go there and "scare away customers."
    Everyone, please complain to the CEO ... he needs to know the "s_t" that is going on. I haven't used it for a while but his e-mail (was in the commercials) is danhesse@sprint.com. The third-party stores are causing most of the problems for Sprint and he needs to know ... gww
    want oreos? the store sells em. im so sick of hearing about this oreo crap i dont know what to do
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And very likely end up in jail. No matter how "right" you think you are (and it does sound like you are), when you enter their store, you're on their property. You do not have the right to go there and "scare away customers."
    I think I know what I am doing, so I don't need you to tell me what I already know. How can I go to jail for being an unhappy customer? As long as I am not wreckless and use profanity. I am going to scare away customers by letting them know how much they lie without actually talking to them. If they over hear my conversation, they would realize how f'd up their customer service is.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    I think I know what I am doing, so I don't need you to tell me what I already know. How can I go to jail for being an unhappy customer? As long as I am not wreckless and use profanity. I am going to scare away customers by letting them know how much they lie without actually talking to them. If they over hear my conversation, they would realize how f'd up their customer service is.
    Here's what he's saying, he will go into the store and be clear an honest in a fashion that those around him get get an honest review from a customer of how that store runs their business. This in-turn will help customers make a better informed decision as to how to proceed with their business in the store.

I like this kind of informed decision from other customers. Please keep the honesty about your customer experience public as it will continue to help with their quality of service as well as help other customers make well informed decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    Everyone, please complain to the CEO ... he needs to know the "s_t" that is going on. I haven't used it for a while but his e-mail (was in the commercials) is danhesse@sprint.com. The third-party stores are causing most of the problems for Sprint and he needs to know ... gww
    Too true. The 3rd party stores are what is wrong with Sprint. Sprint really needs to make sure these *******s are branded differently than the corporate stores. At least have some level of accountability for customer service.
  15.    #15  
    Just for anyone who wants an update.

I get a call from some lady at the store telling me that I should not waste a trip down to the store as she is trying to get things sorted out with her superiors. She told me she would call me back when she finds out. I then call her back at 5 and she tells me she did talk to him and that I will get a brand new sealed phone tomorrow. She did not sound to happy at all. It really sounds like someone is in deep **** now. Someone lost a huge bonus. I am glad that they did since I have been lied to so many times. If they just did the right thing in the first place, then none of this would have happened.

Special thanks to zelet for forwarding the info to the right people. I think the info came in and that is why I got a call. That must be why they don't sound to happy.

Well I am happy now. Well actually I will be happy once I received my new phone and put my phantom skinz on a fresh phone with no scratches at all.
  16. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    thats some BS
    working at a 3rd party dealer these idiots give us bad names
    cant believe they'd pull crap like that

its all too possible they got hit with a fine or something
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I wish it was me that helped but the info didn't get forwarded before they called. It does sound like somebody ripped them though. Corporate might have found out from this board. You'd be surprised how many people from Sprint keep up with this stuff. They're geeks too.

Either way there needs to be better control over the d-bag 3rd party dealers. I think most "Sprint" bad customer service comes from those people.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    As a manger for a 3rd party store, I am very sorry that you had to deal with that sort of situation. At my store we NEVER give a refurb Advanced Exchange unit to a customer within the 30 day satisfaction guarantee period. It's possible the store had already sold all of their Allotment of Pre's and were forced to do an Advanced Exchange (AE). However a bad AE phone can be refused and sent back and another unit will arrive within two business days. The main issue is that you were asking for a new sealed unit and they may simply not have had any to give.
    It is unforgivable to give a USED, DEFECTIVE phone to any customer, and for that I hope they do get burned.

The way you have been treated is truly horrendous. Make sure you get the salesperson's full name, the manager's full name, the business name (saying they needed the Owner's authority for anything gives them away as 3rd party btw) and report all of that information along with your story to one of the Sprint reps who have replied in this thread. A email will be sent to that store's district manager and they will surely be reprimanded.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I had to return my first Pre for a new one,kept turning off on me. I went to a corp. store and explained to them the problem, and they looked confused, they roamed around for a bit talking and said they didn't have any pre's and I need to wait for a new shipment to come in. I understand that they may be out of stock....and was more than willing to wait....I ask if I could go to a nearby store and was told no..... I ask what if none come in before my 30 days are up what happens, ummmm not sure, but they will be in before that.
    So I start thinking and the next day I gave them a call and just asked if they had any pre's for sale and they say sure come on in....

So I showed up and asked for a pre....sure be right back....out comes with a new pre and starts to ring it up...I pull out my pre and lay it on the counter and he says..um...buying a 2nd pre..nope swaping out this broken one...thanks....

He didn't seem to happy, and just before he could start with some excuse agian, I pointed out that I had already called *2 and they confirmed that my phone has know issues...you can call them.

He just swaped out the phone with nothing else to say....
  20.    #20  
    I just put up the store info on the op if anyone wants to know what store NOT TO go to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast