1.    #1  
    My mother is getting an airave from sprint due to spotty coverage within her house. Anyway, my question is what happens if there is an internet outage, will calls still try to route through the airave or is it smart enough that the phones will try to use the towers during that period?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    If the Airave isn't connected, or if it's powered off, the phone ignores it. In my experience the phone mostly ignores mine anyway, at least on incoming calls.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
    If the Airave isn't connected, or if it's powered off, the phone ignores it. In my experience the phone mostly ignores mine anyway, at least on incoming calls.
    Thanks, so you are saying it only operates if it detects it has a connection out to the internet then? In this case, it will be connected behind a router.
    It needs to have power and an internet connection at all times to work. Mine is hooked to my router (which is where my computer is also hooked up). So as long as my router is on, so is my airave. Mine seems to work pretty good, I'm gettng more bars now than I did before installing it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    If the Airave isnt connected it will just go back to using the cell towers during that period....