Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    I see alot of threads about the issues with Sprint Customer Service. I too have spent way too many hours on the phone with them , but this goes back to many phones and service I have had with them for a long time.

    I have found the BEST way, if not to fix the issues, but to get compensated for them, is to call and directly ask for the "Retention" Department. This is ESPECIALLY powerful if you are near the end of your contract, but sometimes even when you are at the beginning, or middle.

    My MOST recent satisfaction was obtained today, when I called and fervently complained about being mislead, given wrong information, things NOT working, and so called advance support just Making STuff UP!

    My Issues:

    1. Amazon.com Mp3 Downloads. NO where In ANY of the high tech commercials, or the meager documentation that comes with the expensive phone and not cheap service, is it mentioned that, NO you CANNOT download music while riding a BUS, as MOST busses do NOT have WIFI, and you cannot download tunes via the Cell network, EVDO or not, you can ONLY DL tunes via WIFI. They were not even aware of this, and had to GET a Pre and find out when I called.

    2. IN the meager documentation, there is CLEARLY a Sirius Radio Logo, right after the page that talks about Watch what you want, Listen to what you want. Well , another LIE or bad info. There IS NO Sirius App for Pre, at this time. I knew this, but just because , I spent 90 minutes with Sprint so called Advanced Support last night, and he was just clearning MAKING SH** UP! Telll me, that uhhh welll some of the Sprint Radio songs are streamed from Sirius. BS!

    3. Not sure its an area issue or general, but so far, and Ive had the phone about 48 hours, the Sprint Navigation does nOT work. My husband, that got a new Instinct the same time I got my PRE, his Nav works fine. I called and reported this today, and they did in fact confirm there is an issue with PRE and Sprint Nav.

    I got on the phone , and got to Rentention, first off he DID explain what was a reasonalbe answer (ok well excuse/explanation) for the Sirius thing. That they DID have a deal with Sirius before launch, but right at launch it fell apart, but the materials were already packaged. Which is another issue, WHY doesnt so called advanced support HAVE that info?? Would have sure sat better with me , that making SH** up!

    I detailed all this stuff to him, constantly repeating my long time, (over 15 years) loyalty to Sprint. My NEVER late payment, of $$$ ,with 4 phones on my account, and what is it worth to them to make me happy?

    He said he would give me $100 credit on my account for my troubles

    I was Happy, my SON was Happier, as now HE wants an Instinct, and I told him he could pay the difference, and use that credit towards it.

    I have actually gotten quite a few comps from them, over the years, and its always based on them trying to make up for their own shortcomings..

    Just thought Id throw that out there..
  2. edoles's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #2  
    Can we have a "Complaints about Customer Service" forum? Because these threads are getting pretty tiresome in the general Pre discussion area.

    Just throwing that out there...
  3. SoCal65's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #3  
    FYI about the Amazon item... Page 122 of the Pre Manual... http://palm.cdnetworks.net/support/w...nt_p100eww.pdf

    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Pre Manual

    Amazon MP3
    Before you can download items using the Amazon MP3 application on your phone, you must have an Amazon account, and you must read and agree to the MP3 Music service terms and conditions.

    You can preview music files and queue them up for download over the Sprint network or a Wi-Fi network. However, you must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to download music files. After you purchase and download items from Amazon MP3, listen to them with your phone’s Music application (see “Listen to Music” on page 118).
    ........ Please read the Palm Pre Manual and the Palm Pre Solutions Guide.

    Check out the official Palm blog.
  4. #4  
    You didnt do your research then.

    Allowing mp3 downloads OTA would bog down the network so much it wouldnt be usable. No carrier, to my knowledge, allows that.

    Use Pandora instead, it works well and is about the same thing. Dont flip out because you cant get exactly what you want, it doesnt always work that way. Always look for alternatives.

    Sprint Nav issues could be an area problem. If your signal is weak, Nav might have a problem locking on. All Sprint phones with Nav rely on A-GPS, which uses CDMA Triangulation to help out the GPS chip in the phone. Poor signal could result in incorrect data or no data at all. That's just a hazard of having A-GPS.



    I dont think it's so much that people fed you ***** that you gobbled it up without question. Only after someone had probably mentioned something to you did you realize that you had made a mistake in believing everything.

    I love Sprint also but have had my complaints. Do your research.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    My Issues:
    3. Not sure its an area issue or general, but so far, and Ive had the phone about 48 hours, the Sprint Navigation does nOT work. My husband, that got a new Instinct the same time I got my PRE, his Nav works fine. I called and reported this today, and they did in fact confirm there is an issue with PRE and Sprint Nav.
    I have had no problems with Sprint Navigation and in fact use it on a regular basis. It is much better than my TomTom Navigator 6 which I used on my Treo. You must be in Sprint coverage for it to work.

    Honestly, you sound a bit bitter.
    Dan
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by edoles View Post
    Can we have a "Complaints about Customer Service" forum? Because these threads are getting pretty tiresome in the general Pre discussion area.

    Just throwing that out there...
    +1
  7. #7  
    I have no problems with customer service and I do speak to them quite frequently. I think people have enormous expectations and do not realize that there are other customers besides them. I realize that we do pay an exorbitant amount of money for our phones and service but I think people need to realize that when it comes right down to it, Sprint does a pretty good job.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    I have no problems with customer service and I do speak to them quite frequently. I think people have enormous expectations and do not realize that there are other customers besides them. I realize that we do pay an exorbitant amount of money for our phones and service but I think people need to realize that when it comes right down to it, Sprint does a pretty good job.

    A lot better than a few years ago, I might add.
  9. faz
    faz is offline
    faz's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I see alot of threads about the issues with Sprint Customer Service. I too have spent way too many hours on the phone with them , but this goes back to many phones and service I have had with them for a long time.

    I have found the BEST way, if not to fix the issues, but to get compensated for them, is to call and directly ask for the "Retention" Department. This is ESPECIALLY powerful if you are near the end of your contract, but sometimes even when you are at the beginning, or middle.

    My MOST recent satisfaction was obtained today, when I called and fervently complained about being mislead, given wrong information, things NOT working, and so called advance support just Making STuff UP!

    My Issues:

    1. Amazon.com Mp3 Downloads. NO where In ANY of the high tech commercials, or the meager documentation that comes with the expensive phone and not cheap service, is it mentioned that, NO you CANNOT download music while riding a BUS, as MOST busses do NOT have WIFI, and you cannot download tunes via the Cell network, EVDO or not, you can ONLY DL tunes via WIFI. They were not even aware of this, and had to GET a Pre and find out when I called.

    2. IN the meager documentation, there is CLEARLY a Sirius Radio Logo, right after the page that talks about Watch what you want, Listen to what you want. Well , another LIE or bad info. There IS NO Sirius App for Pre, at this time. I knew this, but just because , I spent 90 minutes with Sprint so called Advanced Support last night, and he was just clearning MAKING SH** UP! Telll me, that uhhh welll some of the Sprint Radio songs are streamed from Sirius. BS!

    3. Not sure its an area issue or general, but so far, and Ive had the phone about 48 hours, the Sprint Navigation does nOT work. My husband, that got a new Instinct the same time I got my PRE, his Nav works fine. I called and reported this today, and they did in fact confirm there is an issue with PRE and Sprint Nav.

    I got on the phone , and got to Rentention, first off he DID explain what was a reasonalbe answer (ok well excuse/explanation) for the Sirius thing. That they DID have a deal with Sirius before launch, but right at launch it fell apart, but the materials were already packaged. Which is another issue, WHY doesnt so called advanced support HAVE that info?? Would have sure sat better with me , that making SH** up!

    I detailed all this stuff to him, constantly repeating my long time, (over 15 years) loyalty to Sprint. My NEVER late payment, of $$$ ,with 4 phones on my account, and what is it worth to them to make me happy?

    He said he would give me $100 credit on my account for my troubles

    I was Happy, my SON was Happier, as now HE wants an Instinct, and I told him he could pay the difference, and use that credit towards it.

    I have actually gotten quite a few comps from them, over the years, and its always based on them trying to make up for their own shortcomings..

    Just thought Id throw that out there..

    Search before you post/write anything .. man I have wasted 10 mins of my life...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    You didnt do your research then.

    Allowing mp3 downloads OTA would bog down the network so much it wouldnt be usable. No carrier, to my knowledge, allows that.
    Apple - iPhone - Download music from the iTunes Store on iPhone.

    "Access the iTunes Store over cellular or Wi-Fi networks. Then browse millions of songs or shop for movies, movie rentals, TV shows, music videos, audiobooks, podcasts — even college lectures from iTunes U. Downloads start instantly."

    Do your research, my friend.
  11. #11  
    I also have to say that the OP is the type of person that CS hates.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Apple - iPhone - Download music from the iTunes Store on iPhone.

    "Access the iTunes Store over cellular or Wi-Fi networks. Then browse millions of songs or shop for movies, movie rentals, TV shows, music videos, audiobooks, podcasts — even college lectures from iTunes U. Downloads start instantly."

    Do your research, my friend.
    Yeah see the "to my knowledge" bit? Read first, kthx.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    I think people have enormous expectations and do not realize that there are other customers besides them. I realize that we do pay an exorbitant amount of money for our phones and service but I think people need to realize that when it comes right down to it, Sprint does a pretty good job.
    Agreed, I couldn't say it any better.
  14. #14  
    And here's THE obligatory response about HOW capitalizing CERTAIN WORDS as a means of HIGHLIGHTING them only works when it's done SPARINGLY. OTHERWISE it's COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because it completely distracts the READER.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I see alot of threads about the issues with Sprint Customer Service. I too have spent way too many hours on the phone with them , but this goes back to many phones and service I have had with them for a long time.

    I have found the BEST way, if not to fix the issues, but to get compensated for them, is to call and directly ask for the "Retention" Department. This is ESPECIALLY powerful if you are near the end of your contract, but sometimes even when you are at the beginning, or middle.

    My MOST recent satisfaction was obtained today, when I called and fervently complained about being mislead, given wrong information, things NOT working, and so called advance support just Making STuff UP!

    My Issues:

    1. Amazon.com Mp3 Downloads. NO where In ANY of the high tech commercials, or the meager documentation that comes with the expensive phone and not cheap service, is it mentioned that, NO you CANNOT download music while riding a BUS, as MOST busses do NOT have WIFI, and you cannot download tunes via the Cell network, EVDO or not, you can ONLY DL tunes via WIFI. They were not even aware of this, and had to GET a Pre and find out when I called.

    2. IN the meager documentation, there is CLEARLY a Sirius Radio Logo, right after the page that talks about Watch what you want, Listen to what you want. Well , another LIE or bad info. There IS NO Sirius App for Pre, at this time. I knew this, but just because , I spent 90 minutes with Sprint so called Advanced Support last night, and he was just clearning MAKING SH** UP! Telll me, that uhhh welll some of the Sprint Radio songs are streamed from Sirius. BS!

    3. Not sure its an area issue or general, but so far, and Ive had the phone about 48 hours, the Sprint Navigation does nOT work. My husband, that got a new Instinct the same time I got my PRE, his Nav works fine. I called and reported this today, and they did in fact confirm there is an issue with PRE and Sprint Nav.

    I got on the phone , and got to Rentention, first off he DID explain what was a reasonalbe answer (ok well excuse/explanation) for the Sirius thing. That they DID have a deal with Sirius before launch, but right at launch it fell apart, but the materials were already packaged. Which is another issue, WHY doesnt so called advanced support HAVE that info?? Would have sure sat better with me , that making SH** up!

    I detailed all this stuff to him, constantly repeating my long time, (over 15 years) loyalty to Sprint. My NEVER late payment, of $$$ ,with 4 phones on my account, and what is it worth to them to make me happy?

    He said he would give me $100 credit on my account for my troubles

    I was Happy, my SON was Happier, as now HE wants an Instinct, and I told him he could pay the difference, and use that credit towards it.

    I have actually gotten quite a few comps from them, over the years, and its always based on them trying to make up for their own shortcomings..

    Just thought Id throw that out there..
    k
  16. #16  
    Since "subtrafuge" isn't a word, I presume you meant "subterfuge".
  17. Brasado's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #17  
    They may have given you a $100 credit. They should have canceled your account. That kind of crap just costs Sprint Time and Money, rather than helping build a better Network and Providing Services. All to get an ego boost. This world doesn't need that.

    PLEASE GO TO AT&T!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by edoles View Post
    Can we have a "Complaints about Customer Service" forum? Because these threads are getting pretty tiresome in the general Pre discussion area.

    Just throwing that out there...
    Can I moderate it?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    I also have to say that the OP is the type of person that CS hates.
    I'm wondering if the OP is ready for a set of rants about the "lies" and "made up stuff" in the original post.
  20. edoles's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Can I moderate it?
    edit: you can let threads/posts run free in there like rabid monkeys for all I care, as long as it stays in there. like a blackhole of the forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions