Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Will you negotiate on commission?. I could do it, but you seem to enjoy the process and be effective.
    Chronic complainers, about nonsense and minor technicalities and free loading people who are out to exploit Sprint's customer service reputation are the reason why people with legitimate calls are put on hold. If you have phony issues (no pun intended) call your mama.
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    This literally has nothing to do with Palm's Pre. Why is this here???
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Some of you people can be harsh towards thread starters. She has every right to voice her concern. All you have to do is let her know what she was mis-informed about w/o the harsh statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Some of you people can be harsh towards thread starters. She has every right to voice her concern. All you have to do is let her know what she was mis-informed about w/o the harsh statements.
    "Some of you" are probably just annoyed by thread starters that start threads in the wrong forums, fill said threads with lies, misinformation, and subtrafuge[sic], and seem proud of themselves for acting like a-holes and getting their way.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    "Some of you" are probably just annoyed by thread starters that start threads in the wrong forums, fill said threads with lies, misinformation, and subtrafuge[sic], and seem proud of themselves for acting like a-holes and getting their way.
    Are you sure your not annoyed because you couldn't benefit from the same thing. Personally, I feel those posting that they've exchanged their device 2-5 times are annoying, or they get bad reception and received a free airwave. Will you call them a-holes for getting a free exchange and/or airwave?
    Come on now, can you honestly say this wasnt a dumb thread to start???

There are plenty ways to find information on this forum that is helpful and/or complain about.....

Thats why there is a SEARCH button
    I used to work in Elmsford, NY for Sprint Retention. We hate people like this. She is the reason Sprint got rid of 1200 customers. It costs Sprint $475 to gain a new customer, so spending $100 on keeping 4 lines is good.

I use the Sprint Navi today on the pre and I accessed it while moving at 80mph on the highway and it didn't miss a beat. I caught the sattelite and worked great.
    Are you sure your not annoyed because you couldn't benefit from the same thing. Personally, I feel those posting that they've exchanged their device 2-5 times are annoying, or they get bad reception and received a free airwave. Will you call them a-holes for getting a free exchange and/or airwave?
    I am sure.

I've called retentions many times over the last 10 years because of various issues and have always had my problems resolved fairly. Never, however, have I had to resort to lieing or complaining about things that I didn't take the time to learn about before calling.

I've been getting a 15% loyalty discount for years and have received other benefits over time- the $100 credit isn't a big deal to me. Getting a free airrave for ****ty reception seems fair to me- so long as the person actually had bad reception. Getting an exchange for a faulty device is fair.

For what it's worth, I, too, am annoyed by the people that deem it necessary to start a new thread for every exchange or complaint about the "oreo" effect. I would call those that get exchanges on perfectly good phones by complaining loudly and acting like a-holes, a-holes.

The annoyance isn't what people get, it's how they get it. The sense of entitlement many people on these boards, and in life, have, is mind-boggling. The OP was complaining about some things that she was simply wrong about.

The other annoyance, is the inability of certain people to start threads where they are supposed to start them. It's simply inconsiderate to post threads in the wrong forum. It's bad manners, if you will. I see it as an extension of real-life bad manners. It's not surprising that people that are playing up their behaving brutishly with CS or evidencing their overblown sense of entitlement have bad internet manners- but it is annoying to have to wade through their crap to get to the meaningful, on-topic posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And here's THE obligatory response about HOW capitalizing CERTAIN WORDS as a means of HIGHLIGHTING them only works when it's done SPARINGLY. OTHERWISE it's COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because it completely distracts the READER.
    LOL... I find myself shouting your capitalized words in my head. Scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    LOL... I find myself shouting your capitalized words in my head. Scary.
    I TOTALLY do that TOO. I also LIKE to screw WITH people and JUST do it to see what KIND of reaction I get. What if I STart capitaliZING only CERtain parts of the word? WHAt dOes youR BRaIn do TheN?

I think I broke it...
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I also LIKE to screw WITH people and JUST do it to see what KIND of reaction I get. What if I STart capitaliZING only CERtain parts of the word? WHAt dOes youR BRaIn do TheN?

I think I broke it...
    It starts to sputter...
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I see alot of threads about the issues with Sprint Customer Service. I too have spent way too many hours on the phone with them , but this goes back to many phones and service I have had with them for a long time.

I have found the BEST way, if not to fix the issues, but to get compensated for them, is to call and directly ask for the "Retention" Department. This is ESPECIALLY powerful if you are near the end of your contract, but sometimes even when you are at the beginning, or middle.

My MOST recent satisfaction was obtained today, when I called and fervently complained about being mislead, given wrong information, things NOT working, and so called advance support just Making STuff UP!

My Issues:

1. Amazon.com Mp3 Downloads. NO where In ANY of the high tech commercials, or the meager documentation that comes with the expensive phone and not cheap service, is it mentioned that, NO you CANNOT download music while riding a BUS, as MOST busses do NOT have WIFI, and you cannot download tunes via the Cell network, EVDO or not, you can ONLY DL tunes via WIFI. They were not even aware of this, and had to GET a Pre and find out when I called.

2. IN the meager documentation, there is CLEARLY a Sirius Radio Logo, right after the page that talks about Watch what you want, Listen to what you want. Well , another LIE or bad info. There IS NO Sirius App for Pre, at this time. I knew this, but just because , I spent 90 minutes with Sprint so called Advanced Support last night, and he was just clearning MAKING SH** UP! Telll me, that uhhh welll some of the Sprint Radio songs are streamed from Sirius. BS!

3. Not sure its an area issue or general, but so far, and Ive had the phone about 48 hours, the Sprint Navigation does nOT work. My husband, that got a new Instinct the same time I got my PRE, his Nav works fine. I called and reported this today, and they did in fact confirm there is an issue with PRE and Sprint Nav.

I got on the phone , and got to Rentention, first off he DID explain what was a reasonalbe answer (ok well excuse/explanation) for the Sirius thing. That they DID have a deal with Sirius before launch, but right at launch it fell apart, but the materials were already packaged. Which is another issue, WHY doesnt so called advanced support HAVE that info?? Would have sure sat better with me , that making SH** up!

I detailed all this stuff to him, constantly repeating my long time, (over 15 years) loyalty to Sprint. My NEVER late payment, of $$$ ,with 4 phones on my account, and what is it worth to them to make me happy?

He said he would give me $100 credit on my account for my troubles

I was Happy, my SON was Happier, as now HE wants an Instinct, and I told him he could pay the difference, and use that credit towards it.

I have actually gotten quite a few comps from them, over the years, and its always based on them trying to make up for their own shortcomings..

Just thought Id throw that out there..
    This is freaking CRAP. You a seller on ebay? I'd love to buy a few things from you and then email you and say "I want my money back or else I will drop your user rating." I don't know what is more disgusting, that you did this or that you posted that you did it on a public forum.

I think a better sub forum for this would be: I'm an a$$hole, come listen to my bullcrap.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

1. Amazon.com Mp3 Downloads. NO where In ANY of the high tech commercials..<snip>

2. IN the meager documentation, there is CLEARLY a Sirius Radio Logo, <snip> clearning MAKING SH** UP! Telll me, that uhhh welll some of the Sprint Radio songs are streamed from Sirius. BS!

3. <snip> they did in fact confirm there is an issue with PRE and Sprint Nav.

(4) <snip> Would have sure sat better with me , that making SH** up!

(5) <snip> My NEVER late payment, of $$$

(6) He said he would give me $100 credit on my account for my troubles

(7) Just thought Id throw that out there..
    1. They never said it did.

2. XM and Sirius re-sell their feeds. So maybe music you have on your phone DOES come from Sirius, but you do not have the ability to pick the channel. Many cable companies use a Sirius or XM feed for their music channels, or it is managed by one of the companies (Yes, I realize they've merged).

3. Works pretty damn good for me.

4. Are you serious? If you're that rude / adament on the phone, I'd make stuff up too just to get you off the phone. The advanced support guys can help you with technical issues. What you're referring to are sales issues.

5. So you want to be compensated for paying your bills on time? Isn't that, like, what you're supposed to do? You make it seem like ... it's some kind of huge issue. That you pay. Your bills. Using money. What else would you pay it in? They don't accept plasma.

6. What troubles? Sounds like you're whining.

7. Thanks. Go get an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    1. They never said it did.

2. XM and Sirius re-sell their feeds. So maybe music you have on your phone DOES come from Sirius, but you do not have the ability to pick the channel. Many cable companies use a Sirius or XM feed for their music channels, or it is managed by one of the companies (Yes, I realize they've merged).

3. Works pretty damn good for me.

4. Are you serious? If you're that rude / adament on the phone, I'd make stuff up too just to get you off the phone. The advanced support guys can help you with technical issues. What you're referring to are sales issues.

5. So you want to be compensated for paying your bills on time? Isn't that, like, what you're supposed to do? You make it seem like ... it's some kind of huge issue. That you pay. Your bills. Using money. What else would you pay it in? They don't accept plasma.

6. What troubles? Sounds like you're whining.

7. Thanks. Go get an iPhone.
    Worth reading the thread for this post.
    Restricting Amazon MP3 downloads to WiFi is most likely a license problem more than anything. Lots of red tape when dealing with music purchasing over a new network. (Sprint)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    My MOST recent satisfaction was obtained today, when I called and fervently complained about being mislead, given wrong information, things NOT working, and so called advance support just Making STuff UP!

......... I spent 90 minutes with Sprint so called Advanced Support last night, and he was just clearning MAKING SH** UP! Telll me, that uhhh welll some of the Sprint Radio songs are streamed from Sirius. BS!

I have actually gotten quite a few comps from them, over the years, and its always based on them trying to make up for their own shortcomings..

Just thought Id throw that out there..
    You made stuff up and upsset he made stuff up?!?!?!? Why are you wasting his time and yours. People like you I really hate to talk to and you are responsible for people like us who dont complain pay a higher by trying to find ways to rip off corp. companies off.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I find it odd that she hasn't replied to any of this. I read some posts of hers where she helped out a dude having issues with some pictures on his Pre. Maybe her account got hacked? Just throwing it out there.

But I do love the quote about paying the bills on time. Kind of like when Chris Rock made that joke about men who boast that they are good fathers. You're SUPPOSED to BE a GOOD father! Sorry, couldn't help myself with the caps
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    This made me literally lol. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edoles View Post
    Can we have a "Complaints about Customer Service" forum? Because these threads are getting pretty tiresome in the general Pre discussion area.

Just throwing that out there...
    Please make such comments in " TreoCentral.com and PreCentral.net " rather than as a distraction to the OPs legitimate well though out complaints and suggestions on how to solve them.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast