Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Played with the Pre again today...I think I'm gonna get one...only thing stopping me now is the big hike in monthly costs. I've had a Vision account for years and my bill for my wife and I is like $90-95. The Sprint guy told me I had to change to the Everything Data plan that is $129.99, plus probably $10-15 in taxes n fees, I imagine. That is a pretty big jump in monthly cost...anyway around this?

Thanks!!

Mike
    Sign up for alliant credit uniom and get a 25% discount. Took me 30 minutes total.
    The Pre requires one of the everything plans, don't think you'll find much of a way around it. There are ways to get discounts on them however.
    nope
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Sign up for alliant credit uniom and get a 25% discount. Took me 30 minutes total.
    does sprint actually check if you're a member?
    i had to drop my free incoming for everything plan.. sucked makes it about 5 bucks more a month. however i talked to them and they did give me pick 5 people to call unlimited no matter what as well as nights starting at 6. i have costco employee discount. i am an employee but i dont think they check. as for wellsfargo employees which is 27% off they make you send em an email with your work email account
    if you dont mind having limited number of minutes, you can switch to one of the everything data plans
    the everything with one lines is like 112 a month no matter what.. how can you complain about that? and the family pack is about 140 with tax....imho its kinda like people that complain about wanting to drive a luxury car but are concerned about the premium fuel it runs on seems silly to me... either you want the best and are willing to pay for it or you want second best... btw say you work somewhere just like they said above and you still get 25% off your personal account bill
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidminor03 View Post
    the everything with one lines is like 112 a month no matter what.. how can you complain about that? and the family pack is about 140 with tax....imho its kinda like people that complain about wanting to drive a luxury car but are concerned about the premium fuel it runs on seems silly to me... either you want the best and are willing to pay for it or you want second best... btw say you work somewhere just like they said above and you still get 25% off your personal account bill
    I see your point, but I've been a smartphone user all the back to the Treo 600 and am only now being forced to pay more if I want the newest phone. My big knock on the iPhone and Blackberry have been the $30/month service charges for them...looks like I'm getting the same thing from Spint now, so I might as well jump ship (not taking the pre into account, just a general point).
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    does sprint actually check if you're a member?

Yes they do. They send a form to the credit union. They did this with my account.
    Last edited by fwinst; 07/10/2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Additional comment
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Join Alliant CU, and that $129.99 1500 minute family everything plan comes with a 32.50 discount meaning that plan costs about $98 before taxes and taxes run me about $8 which for me was actually a reduction in what I was paying before. My 3rd line would be $19.99 but is $14.99. Your mileage may vary but I lost no features, gained much more minutes and write a smaller check each month, plus I have a Pre.
  12.    #12  
    Not sure I qualify for the Alliant thing, but thanks for the suggestion...self employment has its downside! haha...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Not sure I qualify for the Alliant thing, but thanks for the suggestion...self employment has its downside! haha...
    join the national PTA ($25), and you will be qualified:

https://www.pta.org/ssl/natmem.asp
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  14.    #14  
    Do I have to have kids first? haha...funny concept: join an organization so I can join another organization to get my phone bill to stay the same...I like it!
    You can also be on a Everything Data plan - 450 or 900 minutes + unlimited data. I'm on the 450 minute plan which is $69.99 ... 900 minute plan is $89.99 [plus taxes] [optional ESRP or TEP]. Most of the reps don't tell anyone this, either deliberately or because they're not informed!
    If you want to join that Alliant Union, when you sign up for it how do they check if you are part of the PSA?

If you dont wanna join the credit union you can just SERO your plan in which you would need an employees email n last 3 digits of their ID which you can google search and it gives you a 20% discount
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Do I have to have kids first? haha...funny concept: join an organization so I can join another organization to get my phone bill to stay the same...I like it!
    Yup, no kids here yet either they obviously don't care.
    This alliant credit union thing sounds great, but I can't find anything on their site about a Sprint discount. How did you find out about it? And do you have to go into the sprint store to get the discount?
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I just signed up for it too, Thanks!! Going to get my Pre today at BB, can't wait!!

Foof, type sprint on their search & it will come up, that's how I did it.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I can't post links but www dot alliantpromos dot org /sprint/

I was a member of the local PTA, (and anyone can joing PTA, not just people with kids) I gave Alliant $25 to open account, it earns a little interest until I close it and it saves me $37.50 per month over no discount. Did it all online and via mail and serendipitously I'm from the Chicago area and can use the credit union as a bank if I ever move back home.

Once I had confirmation from them I was a member I wrote eCare and told them and they had the discount in place the very next bill. I myself was not asked to confirm membership nor do I know if Sprint did on their end. Didn't care since I wasn't faking.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast