1.    #1  
    Anybody else really close to the end of their contract and sad they have to still wait so long to get a Pre?

I know it's easy to say they will work out the kinks, you'll get a better build, more apps will be available... but dammit I want one now. Tired of waiting! I'd buy one now but at $475? No way... I can wait and save a few hundred bucks...

My contract is up 9/1... time to keep twiddlin' I guess

Anybody else out there feelin' the "want my pre" blues?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I feel your pain. Sprint employees still aren't allowed to activate the Pre on our accounts.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    My wife and I are right there with you. We are up on August 1st. In a "just my luck" situation, I'll be on vacation on August 1st without a Sprint store in a 3 hour drive.

Not that sitting on a beach for a week is bad mind you

We are scheduling our vacation to be home early enough to get our Pres on Sunday afternoon, but man, thats a whole week I could have the Pre but won't. We are already "on the list" and promised 2 Pres.

I downloaded the SDK just so I can play around with it, pretend that I have the phone. Sheesh am I pathetic...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Too bad 9/1 is a Tuesday... I will get mine later that day. I can't wait
    You guys should try Best Buy, I have heard of them doing a two year renewal if you are that close.
    You've said all the comforting things that other people can think of. The only extra thing I can think of is that you'll still get it before AT & T or Verizon customers, you'll get a better price, and you'll get the device the way palm intended w/o a bunch of lock-downs by the cell company.
    Pffffft, at least you're not waiting for it to come to Verizon. I'm still constantly debating getting it anyhow, trying it, if I hate the service, canceling out. But either way, I have all my friends and family on the big red V so it'd be pointless to switch over. Especially considering I haven't had a dropped call in...3 years? And Verizon service is much stronger.

In the meantime, my upgrade time is Sept. 16 and I'm probably going to upgrade despite the Pre scheduled for Jan 2010 cuz my Voyager has got to go. I've had it with this thing.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    You guys should try Best Buy, I have heard of them doing a two year renewal if you are that close.
    hmmm...might have to check that out!
    Originally posted by BAuclair85:
    Pffffft, at least you're not waiting for it to come to Verizon. I'm still constantly debating getting it anyhow, trying it, if I hate the service, canceling out. But either way, I have all my friends and family on the big red V so it'd be pointless to switch over. Especially considering I haven't had a dropped call in...3 years? And Verizon service is much stronger.

In the meantime, my upgrade time is Sept. 16 and I'm probably going to upgrade despite the Pre scheduled for Jan 2010 cuz my Voyager has got to go. I've had it with this thing.
    I was a Verizon customer. My upgrade for Verizon was 12/2008. I let my daughter use it, because she had lost her phone and I heard about the Pre coming out. Her upgrade was coming in 3/2009 and I thought I'd wait about 6 months after that for Verizon to get the Pre. As you know, Sprint didn't get the Pre until 6/2009 so that meant I'd have to wait until sometime in 2010 to get the Pre.

I'm with Sprint now and moving my family over one line at a time. I haven't had a problem with coverage and I've been getting better reception than on my 700p. I wasn't able to get call in my office at work, but that was the phone and not Verizon, because I could get calls with my daughter's Centro.

Anyway, try the Pre. You might be pleasantly surprised. As far as family on Verizon, I saw that someone on here negotiated 5 call circle on Sprint. As you know, Verizon offers that now and Sprint previously had the Any 3 call circle. I got the Any 3, before I saw someone else with 5.