1.    #1  
    I'm sure its been beaten to death, but I've gotta bring it up again. I work in a basement (no service) and therefor have no idea if I'm missing calls and/or getting voicemails. Services like Youmail are the perfect fix for this, but I'm not comfortable forwarding to a number for $.20 a minute where I have no control over how many calls/how long each call is forwarded for.

Soooooo...

I called Sprint today, asked about call forwarding, acted shocked at how poor the plan is right now, and that it wasn't already included in SEP, and politely asked to speak with a supervisor. I made it clear to him that I was unhappy with the situation and every other major carrier just deducts it from your monthly minutes, which I would be fine with. He was very polite and said I wasn't the first to complain that day (7am) and he would make a note of it and run it up the chain.

If you feel the same about this issue I would encourage you to give Sprint a call and complain (politely) to a supervisor about it. If enough people express their discontent with this, it should wake Sprint up!

Oh, and if you do complain, respond to this thread and describe your interaction!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Complained about this as did you. I have Google Voice and it's a great work-around. speech to text vmail sent to sms on my cell. i suggest getting on the waiting list for Gvoice.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I use Phonetag.
    Luckily, I've never received a voicemail that lasted over a minute, so they're all only $.20. Should be free though. I'll call, as well
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Sprint is already in the process of bringing VVM to the Pre. It'll either be their own VVM system or they'll strike deals with a few VVM providers and offer free call forwarding and your choice of which provider you want to go with.
  5.    #5  
    VVM isn't actually what I'm interested in (although it'd be nice to have), what I want is email/text transcriptions for when I'm at my desk 8 hours of the day with no cell service :\

Either way, call forwarding should be free or only cost minutes, like every other major carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    Sprint is already in the process of bringing VVM to the Pre. It'll either be their own VVM system or they'll strike deals with a few VVM providers and offer free call forwarding and your choice of which provider you want to go with.
    Really? What are your sources? I'd love this to be true!!
    Actually, VVM does not require a voice signal. If you have a wifi signal, your VVM mesages *should* get downloaded into your phone as soon as the package is created at the voicemail station (voice message is saved digitial, then sent to your phone to be played in the VVM application)

From what I understand, this is how it works with the Instinct when I had it. I could get no voice signal in the hospital, but could get a weak data signal and would get my VVM almost right away after the caller hangs up.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skindragger View Post
    Actually, VVM does not require a voice signal. If you have a wifi signal, your VVM mesages *should* get downloaded into your phone as soon as the package is created at the voicemail station (voice message is saved digitial, then sent to your phone to be played in the VVM application)

From what I understand, this is how it works with the Instinct when I had it. I could get no voice signal in the hospital, but could get a weak data signal and would get my VVM almost right away after the caller hangs up.
    That's neat, unfortunately I don't even have wifi down here...

I appreciate the suggestions, but the bottom line is that I want the freedom to choose whatever voicemail solution I want via call forwarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Really? What are your sources? I'd love this to be true!!
    I read it from one of the Buzz About Wireless Sprint admins. I actually misread it, but it looks like they're working on it. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Here's what he/she posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by wengla02
    Here's the dope:

Visual Voicemail takes network and hardware investments to support. Y'all may remember the growing pains we had launching VVM on the Instinct.

If we're going to do it on the Pre, we'll want to have our stuff in a pile so as to avoid any failures, issues, or growing pains when it rolls out. That means getting correctly sized servers and switches in place from our VVM vendor to support the Pre.

That'll take a bit of time. And money.

Another option that I personally am pursuing is to partner with 3 to 5 VVM providers and work a deal to have cost-free call forwarding and an on-phone app to manage your VVM from the VVM provider of your choice. Can't say if we'll ever get any traction on that, but I'm running it up the flagpole
    there is a service code that can be added to your account for free call forwarding, (uses minutes) just need to get them to add it... I have it and youmail

Retentions can def do it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordelfkin View Post
    there is a service code that can be added to your account for free call forwarding, (uses minutes) just need to get them to add it... I have it and youmail

Retentions can def do it.
    VERY interested, how did you accomplish this? When you say "retentions" does that mean you had to threaten to cancel? Please tell us more!!!
  12.    #12  
    Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by sambowatkins View Post
    Please?
    Yes, when you tell the CS rep you want to cancel your account, you get transferred to the retentions dept.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have had multiple conversations with people all over the Sprint CS team and no one seems to be able to give me free call forwarding. There used to be a work around that involved tech support level 2, but apparently they closed it. I wrote to dan at sprint dot com to let them know that they are the only ones who charge for it. I recommend you do the same.