Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Me. Data, I use all the time. But that's included in the AT&T plan. But sms/mms? I really never use it at all. I'm only searching for ways to use it now that I have it unlimited. So I've linked it up with facebook and twitter. But I really don't need it. In the last 2 years, I may have sent 20 sms messages total. I don't use the feature. And as far as GPS goes I already have a TomTom, which I can hear on the highway.

Fine. Put the 32GB 3GS in there instead. The 2 year TCO for AT&T then becomes $2458.76. Still less than the best you could do on Sprint.

The point is this: *IF* you're going to use all of those features, then Sprint is a better deal. If you're not, then Sprint isn't. Just because you can't imagine living w/out certain features doesn't mean the same is true for everyone.
    Hmm...sounds ike to me you've over-bought your phone/plan then if you don't need/use the features.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Ok. We can agree on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Hmm...sounds ike to me you've over-bought your phone/plan then if you don't need/use the features.
    Yes. I didn't have much choice if I wanted the Pre. I was seriously contemplating a trip back to the black hole that is AT&T's network where I live. The price is a big deal to me. But I stayed on Sprint because their network is a *ton* better for me than AT&T was.

Frankly, I wish I had the option to buy a plan on Sprint similar to the iPhone plan on AT&T. But I don't.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Yes. I didn't have much choice if I wanted the Pre. I was seriously contemplating a trip back to the black hole that is AT&T's network where I live. The price is a big deal to me. But I stayed on Sprint because their network is a *ton* better for me than AT&T was.

Frankly, I wish I had the option to buy a plan on Sprint similar to the iPhone plan on AT&T. But I don't.
    To be honest. I am glad I got the SE plan. Know why? Because I can use what I need when I need it and the other stuff for other occasions. Just because I don't need TV now or Nav right yet doesn't mean that they won't come in handy down the road. Simply Put, The SE plan is designed for what will come down the road, and Sprint made a smart move with that. You never know what will happen later. Be glad you have it.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    My family would pay upwards of $250/month for our current plan if we were on AT&T.

4 lines on Everything Data 1500 is $170/month. Two Instincts, a Rumor, and a Nextel i580.
    Same here!
    Except 1 Rant, 1 Curve 8330 (might become a Pre), and 2 Pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Same here!
    Except 1 Rant, 1 Curve 8330 (might become a Pre), and 2 Pre's.
    Hate to tell you but I've got 5 smartphones on a family everything 1500. I've got some loyalty and employer discounts and my monthly is less than that.

AT&T would have NEVER given me any discounts like that all the while charging me for additional services that are included with SE plans.
    I'm sure that's true. My point isn't about whether or not I'm in the majority. Someone else posted that shared plans are only 30% of the plans that the major carriers have. Still, if any major carrier lost 30% of their customers, that'd be a huge blow. So even in the minority, carriers can't simply ignore our needs.

For those of you getting a great deal, congratulations. I don't mean to spoil your happiness. I certainly agree that Sprint's plans mostly are cheaper than AT&T's. But they're not *always* cheaper. And that's my only point.
    I'm in the minority too. I am on an AT&T family plan with wife and inlaws. the inlaws don't use data, just small numbers of minutes from our pool of 850 minutes. The wife has an iphone, and I have a BB on that plan too (soon to be turned off). We don't use SMS (email seems to work better), my wife has the iphone plan, and I have the $30 BB on AT&T. If I wanted an iphone, it would be $10/month for the line and $30 for the iphone data (or $40 incremental).

Even with my ACU membership, I pay $52/month for the Pre and 450 minutes of voice without rollover.

Even if I could get the iphone on sprint, it still would be cheaper for us on AT&T (if I could get a Pre there), as my wife would also need to have a pre, and we would end up paying more than AT&T.

Sure, we would get more stuff that we don't use (our cars have GPS, and Sprint TV?? Please...) on Sprint, but we would have much worse coverage than what we have on AT&T now.

I look forward to the day I can enjoy a Pre on AT&T. It will cost me less and I'll have better coverage than what I have to suffer with today. I wish noone had exclusives on handsets - it makes my life much more complicated.
    i am annoyed that i have 1500 mins when the most we have ever used is 700...how about sprint puts $20 a month back in my pocket and i promise not to go over 650???
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    i am annoyed that i have 1500 mins when the most we have ever used is 700...how about sprint puts $20 a month back in my pocket and i promise not to go over 650???
    Rollover minutes are great... People would get by with smaller plans if Sprint had that.
    Oh boy, not this again. Didn't we already go through this?

You can always find something cheaper for a specific scenario. If all you do is sms/txt and talk very little, the best plan is an AT&T GoPhone. If you talk all time but never txt or data, then MetroPCS fits the bill. Need data only? The Sprint Relay (deaf) plan is the cheapest.

However, for the vast majority, Sprint is cheaper when you need a "full" service.

If you have a Pre, you have self selected that you are price insensitive - just like iPhone users are. So why complain about plans when you are ful control of it?

As for coverage comments, I have yet to find any metro market with better coverage than Sprint (voice and data). I've been to hundred of cities in the US, and Sprint always is better (and I have both Sprint and AT&T phones.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Rollover minutes are great... People would get by with smaller plans if Sprint had that.
    Roll over minutes are a SCAM (for the most part)!!!. I get the concept but if you're rolling over minutes you've over-bought your plan. This used to be very true a few years ago when you have various minute plan options. Carriers have since limited those to just a few so there's really no choice.

The fact is that the majority of subscribers use the same amount of minutes each month and hardly ever burn into the roll-over. It's a low-risk play by AT&T and they call it a "feature".

I guess the same could be said for SprintNav and SprinTV...
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Roll over minutes are a SCAM (for the most part)!!!. I get the concept but if you're rolling over minutes you've over-bought your plan. This used to be very true a few years ago when you have various minute plan options. Carriers have since limited those to just a few so there's really no choice.

The fact is that the majority of subscribers use the same amount of minutes each month and hardly ever burn into the roll-over. It's a low-risk play by AT&T and they call it a "feature".

I guess the same could be said for SprintNav and SprinTV...
    Plans are not available in fine grained minute increments, and so I have to pick a plan based on a combination of factors. And the number of minutes I spend on the phone depends a lot on if I am doing work travel or not.

If it's a low risk feature, why doesn't everyone do it?

In any case, my situation is that I am in the minority, so I'm in the minority on rollover as well. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Plans are not available in fine grained minute increments, and so I have to pick a plan based on a combination of factors. And the number of minutes I spend on the phone depends a lot on if I am doing work travel or not.

If it's a low risk feature, why doesn't everyone do it?

In any case, my situation is that I am in the minority, so I'm in the minority on rollover as well. :-)
    If you can use it then take advantage of it...you are in the minority.

Why don't other carriers do it? ...brand differentiation, marketing. Carriers offer other products and services included as a compensation feature (Fave5, InCalling, EveryThingPlan ect)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12