1.    #1  
    I typed HTC Hero in on Google, cause I read something about that device and Sprint, and came by this....

Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint

Anyone have any idea what that means? Look at the web address

If you type HTC Hero Sprint in Google, you get a Sprint link in yellow up top, and that's where I found it.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    maybe its just a mishap... I don't think sprint is gonna carry the hero... i dont think any carriers in america will carry the hero to be honest..
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    As a sprint rep I'd love to carry an Android phone, but it's unfortunate that Google's OS is saddled with HTC as the only phone manufacturer using it. HTC makes crappy phones for the US market. The Hero might be decent since there are no moving parts/sliders to fall apart.
    Examples of crappy HTC phones:
    HTC Touch Pro (Crap battery life, slider that simply falls apart, WinMo nightmare)
    HTC PPC6800 Mogul (Crappy buttons and touchscreen that stop working, slider that becomes loose with minimal use, WinMo nightmare)
    These are just the Sprint units I have direct experience with, for all I know AT&T and VZ get great HTC phones.
    Plus the HTC Snap just came out for Sprint and it's essentially the MotoQ, I say pay $50 more and get the Treo Pro.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Examples of crappy HTC phones:
    HTC is crap, yadda, yadda
    I say pay $50 more and get the Treo Pro.
    You do realize the Treo Pro is manufactured by HTC, right??
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I always thought HTC and Sprint were pretty much going out.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Hahaha

My HTC Touch was fairly solid, I still have it (well, my friend has it as I let her use it as an alarm clock). The only thing I don't like about any of HTC's Android phones is that they look a little too toy-like to me. Although in person it may be different. For example, the G1 looks a lot better in person (my friend has one). And HTC's UI overlays are amazing (TouchFlo, TouchFlo 3D, Sense).
    The Treo Pro is the first Treo made by HTC, and it is the best one ever made.

The HTC Touch Diamond is excellent, assuming you put a custom ROM on it.
    (Same could be said for the Touch Pro, but the slider and thickness are issues for some.)

WebOS or Android in Treo Pro form factor would be great.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    !!!

I didn't know that. Interesting. I love the Treo Pro and the difference in quality of build between the Treo Pro and Touch Pro is like night and day.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  9.    #9  
    Well, it looks like it isn't coming to T-Mobile at least. Verizon... Doubt it, so that leaves AT&T and Sprint. Seeing how Sprint doesn't have an Android phone yet, it's possible. Guess we'll wait and see, but here is what was said.

"Speaking at an event today in New York City, T-Mobile USA's CTO Cole Brodman said that the company "has no plans to bring the HTC Hero to market" in the U.S. Instead, T-Mobile is offering the Google-branded HTC myTouch 3G."

It would also be nice to see what Sprints first 4G phone will be as well.