Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hey all. I was wondering if you could help me out here (and probably faster than Verizon's support could). I've been planning to switch to Sprint to get the Pre when my contract with Verizon runs out in a couple of months, but my phone's screen has just completely died, so I would like to make the switch sooner and just eat the early termination fee.

The thing is, I'm on a family plan with my mother. I've seen from previous threads that you cannot get an Everything Data plan and simply add a voice-only line, so it's going to be cheaper to just have her get her own separate plan.

My question is, what happens if I leave the Verizon family plan (by porting the number), but she stays on it until the contract runs out? We pay one early termination fee, but would the contract change to reflect the fact that there is now only one line on it? Would we need to talk to Verizon before I port my number?

Thanks!
    I don't think you can have a family plan with just 1 line. You may need to convert to an individual plan for her.
    Contracts are independent per line... you could do a family data plain 129.99 for 1500 minutes (2 lines)

or you could do your Pre Plan 450Min Everything data 69.99 + her plan starting at 29.99 for 200 min.

and you do not need to contact Verizon. just take your bill in with you to the sprint store, they will port ur number and you will receive ad final bill from Verizon