Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Heres the problem.. and some of it co-insides w/ the pre.

I work for a company that distributes gourmet products, such as candies, etc.
    Anyways, the owner (my boss) was told as a corporate liable customer, he would receive discounts on his pre beyond what a normal consumer would receive. He purchased the phones by charging them to his account (as he was told), he was also sappose to get the MIR instant..

None of this happened. He didn't get the $50 off per line, he didn't get the MIR instant, he also didn't get the new customer pricing as promised. Now I've given him the correct numbers to call, executive services, retentions, etc. No one seems to care that they are about to lose a larger account that pays in the upwards for $500 a month. The account also branches off into a few other employees in our offices.

Basically sprint is going to lose over 15 lines of service at any given time. The employees are fed up, the owner is fed up, and personally I'm fed up. I have a three line account that has been open for 10 years. My bill is $200 a month and I've added two pre's to those accounts. My company has been with sprint for 10 years, and has multiple lines on his business account.

Is sprint really ready to lose an account that totals over $1k a month in service charges? It really looks like it. I can't express how bad of a business practice this is.

Immediately, after telling our horror story, an ATT Rep came to our office, sat down, and offered us an amazing deal. He'd pay to cancel all the lines on Sprint, give us a discounted monthly rate, and amazing deals on the iPhone 3gS.. Personally I love my pre and hate to part with it, but unless sprint comes up with something quick, we'll be new ATT customers (unfortunately for me since i do love my pre).

Any ideas? Any specific department that could help?

oohh and btw, we wasted, all together about 8 hours getting a couple pre's replaced and fixed. Sprint didn't even care.. They said "Thats what happens when you buy a new phone".. The one fellow said to us "Its best you cancel sir, I'll send out a return kit asap". WOW

Thanks!
    Last edited by tntsniper; 06/29/2009 at 12:44 PM.
    I couldnt give a ****, my pre is perfect and my Sprint service is great.
    Hopefully your post is loosed onto the CDMA sub-forum since it has pretty much nothing to do with the Pre.
    Yeah sprint is taking a huge "loose" in this...
    Add me to the not caring list.
    I wish the Pre had a spell check ; )
    I wouldn't consider 15 lines a big account(more of a small business account). I don't think they do either. If it's writing that your accounts is liable for these discounts and you don't receive them then I wouldn't be happy. Buying in bulk doesn't always entitle a entity to discounts. I'm Sure if you find the right person to talk to they can help you out. Just keep asking for managers. Retentions would probably your best bet or a business account manager.
    Immediately, after telling our horror story, an ATT Rep came to our office

Here's your problem. Find a Sprint Rep.
    This sounds like BS. He is trying to make sprint look bad and the other company look good. If this is true then your so called boss needs to talk to the sales rep that sold him the phones in the first place.
    Last edited by alvin319; 06/29/2009 at 02:20 PM.
    While this story is unfortunate your post title is about as far away from accurate as possible. 15 lines is hardly a 'large business account'. No excuse for what happened but when I opened the page I was expecting to see 'Wells Fargo drops Sprint' or something.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  11.    #11  
    sorry about the spelling, i was typing very quick. Well I consider the account a decent size. I understand 15 isn't much, but its a loss on Sprints end no matter what. If they can't look at a small business (we aren't small, really) and realize that they are about to lose a 15 line account, then its their loss. Its unfortunate, but you don't promise a customer certain discounts and blow them off after they followed instructions perfectly. Its a shame, but its a loss on their end.

I'm not here to bash sprint, really. I love my pre and I love my account (very affordable), but I'm posting in regards to the business account. To me, its not a good business practice.

I should have known better to post on a fan-boy website hah.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    sorry about the spelling, i was typing very quick. Well I consider the account a decent size. I understand 15 isn't much, but its a loss on Sprints end no matter what. If they can't look at a small business (we aren't small, really) and realize that they are about to lose a 15 line account, then its their loss. Its unfortunate, but you don't promise a customer certain discounts and blow them off after they followed instructions perfectly. Its a shame, but its a loss on their end.

I'm not here to bash sprint, really. I love my pre and I love my account (very affordable), but I'm posting in regards to the business account. To me, its not a good business practice.

I should have known better to post on a fan-boy website hah.
    No, like 3 other people have stated, you should post this to the CDMA forum as what was promised by a Sprint rep has little to do with the phone itself.

Oh and I'm glad other people find it irritating when people use "loose" as opposed to "lose"! It's not rocket science here people
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    Totally agree. They should do whatever it takes to save the account. That's what you do!!
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    No, like 3 other people have stated, you should post this to the CDMA forum as what was promised by a Sprint rep has little to do with the phone itself.

Oh and I'm glad other people find it irritating when people use "loose" as opposed to "lose"! It's not rocket science here people
    Once again, I apologize on the small spelling mistake. I'm sure no one in this forum has ever made them. I'm in my office and I wanted to punch out a quick post. I'll be preparing myself for the lynching later on tonight.
    I call B.S. In one paragraph you say "upwards for $500 a month", then two paragraphs later you say "totals over $1k a month".

You want large? Try my company, from 50,000 to 75,000 lines of service. We can't even get the Pre yet for it, perhaps I should whine here too about how horrible Sprint is...
  16. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    OP sorry to hear about your problems, but if you've been through all those departments and they're unwilling to do anything the rep who did your upgrade mis-infromed you and its just not worth it for sprint to give you all those discounts otherwise im sure they would of by now

and yes as other have pointed out 15 isnt really a huge account, its a small business and again if it'd of been worth it for sprint im sure they would of given it to ya..sounds like the iphone might be the better way to go for your company if its so much cheaper
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I call B.S. In one paragraph you say "upwards for $500 a month", then two paragraphs later you say "totals over $1k a month".

You want large? Try my company, from 50,000 to 75,000 lines of service. We can't even get the Pre yet for it, perhaps I should whine here too about how horrible Sprint is...
    There are off-branch accounts that are done through two separate accounts.. i.e. we have an office and factory.. etc. I'm not familiar with how they set it up, just an idea of how much it is a month. With out a doubt it could be excess of 1k a month.

I understand we aren't a 50k persons company, but the company is a loyal customer of sprints over a long time. Why would they risk an account like that? I guess from what some of you are saying, Sprint can afford to do that (And we all know thats untrue).

Not just that, a lot of employee's here that have Sprint aren't too happy, as the owner treats us all great, so we feel pretty upset on how Sprint treated him.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    IMO, maybe you should have gone in to see a store rep instead of doing the deal over the phone. the chances are much better there and you are able to see the screen and make sure you get all of the information correct and make changes there when you find errors. you also have a manager that you can talk to that is authorized to do a lot of what you hear over the phone. if they cant, they have their own avenues to call for approving this type of stuff.

anyways, GL, and hopefully theyll work things out.
    There are off-branch accounts that are done through two separate accounts.. i.e. we have an office and factory.. etc. I'm not familiar with how they set it up, just an idea of how much it is a month. With out a doubt it could be excess of 1k a month.

I understand we aren't a 50k persons company, but the company is a loyal customer of sprints over a long time. Why would they risk an account like that? I guess from what some of you are saying, Sprint can afford to do that (And we all know thats untrue).

Not just that, a lot of employee's here that have Sprint aren't too happy, as the owner treats us all great, so we feel pretty upset on how Sprint treated him.
    I'd try giving good 'ole *2 a call and see who you get personally... I've never had issues with customer service from Sprint. Either that, go into a store and see if you can get someone to connect you with National Sales Support. They're usually more sensitive to cancellations and the like for reasons unknown to me...

We all know sprint can not afford to lose only 15 lines?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast