Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hello! I'm Brittany, and I'm new here. I am currently on Verizon but I don't really want to wait for them to get the Pre in Jan (plus they may water it down..) so I'm thinking of switching to Sprint! I was just wondering if they usually have high deposit fees..
    I think it all depends on your credit. I have been with sprint for about 10 years and I don't remember putting down a deposit. But I have heard of people putting down $100 to $250. Although if you have good credit I think it can be done without a deposit.
    I don't know how Sprint determines what your deposit is, but I only had about 7 months of credit history and I didn't have to pay any deposit. They just put me on a $150 spending limit, so I'm not really able to charge anything to my account, but that doesn't bother me.
    I guess it would all depend on our credit rating and I believe if you do have to put down a deposit it gets returned after a certain amount of time of good payment history. But I don't know what type of amounts they require for deposits in those cases.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sprint has the lowest deposits of any major carrier. a high deposit is $250 per line, just check with your local store.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    sprints Deposit is a-lot lower than other carriers, ATT's Bad Credit deposit is $750 and is designed to prevent people from getting service. Sprints used to be the lowest in the game(t-mobiles system has that now) but they have increased their guidelines in order to prevent some risks, I read an article about it somewhere. I have taken $750's...for iphones of course...stoopid people. I wouldn't know how much sprints is, but they all have one to secure their subsidy.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Sprint has the lowest deposits of any major carrier. a high deposit is $250 per line, just check with your local store.
    T-mobile has that flex pay thing now....

This is the first I have heard about a carrier requiring a deposit. I've had ATT and T-Mobile. I suppose if someone has no credit or bad credit a deposit makes sense.

So would it make more sense if someone had a bad credit rating to buy the phone outright and go month to month?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    This is the first I have heard about a carrier requiring a deposit. I've had ATT and T-Mobile. I suppose if someone has no credit or bad credit a deposit makes sense.

So would it make more sense if someone had a bad credit rating to buy the phone outright and go month to month?
    No dice with ATT, we have no "spending limits" so if you don't pass credit, you don't get postpaid service, and we will not activate a customer owned Iphone on a prepaid account. I'd assume sprint rolls the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    No dice with ATT, we have no "spending limits" so if you don't pass credit, you don't get postpaid service, and we will not activate a customer owned Iphone on a prepaid account. I'd assume sprint rolls the same way.
    That's interesting! Thanks!

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sprint will gladly set you up on month to month with no deposit and paying outright for a phone. The only issue is that you only get offered one plan: 200 anytime minutes, 9pm nights, $39.99 per month.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Just as an FYI, i have horrible credit!!! Sprint approved me for 3 lines with NO deposit and a $400 spending limit. Your best bet is to just go in and have them run the credit check first. I just went back to alltel from sprint and was offered to port early to Verizon (due to the merger), but Verizon wants $400 per line as a deposit.

I think i will just wait until 7/13 and i automatically become a Verizon customer.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for responding. I have some credit.. two credit cards and the cable bill is in my name, so maybe that'll help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ter1990 View Post
    J...I just went back to alltel from sprint and was offered to port early to Verizon (due to the merger), but Verizon wants $400 per line as a deposit.

I think i will just wait until 7/13 and i automatically become a Verizon customer.
    Wow! $400 deposit per line!

Quote Originally Posted by bhamm View Post
    Thanks everyone for responding. I have some credit.. two credit cards and the cable bill is in my name, so maybe that'll help.
    you should be okay. FYI utility bills like cable, power and yes even Cellphones have no positive impact of your credit report. But those Credit Cards Do. I'd bet you have no problem unless you owe sprint from an earlier time. You'd be surprised how many people have me run their credit forgetting about a large past due balance they have with us or they are thinking Att/cingular forgot about it...(sigh)

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    you should be okay. FYI utility bills like cable, power and yes even Cellphones have no positive impact of your credit report. But those Credit Cards Do. I'd bet you have no problem unless you owe sprint from an earlier time. You'd be surprised how many people have me run their credit forgetting about a large past due balance they have with us or they are thinking Att/cingular forgot about it...(sigh)
    Oh, I didn't know that the utility bills didn't impact credit. I've never been late on a payment to my cards but I have reached the limit on one of them because of an emergency.. but I'm working on that lol. I won't mind if I have to pay a small deposit or if they put me on a limit.. as long as I can have my pre!