Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I believe that I have the perfect plan for my Mogul currently, which is as follows:

Free Incoming 300
    Unlimited Data $5
    Unlimited Text Messaging $10
    TEP $7
    Free N/W
    Free Mobile-Mobile

I was told by several Sprint CSR's that I would be able to keep this plan since I have unlimited data on it currently with my smartphone, and since I'm eligible for the full upgrade, I would only pay $199 for the Pre. I called regarding an issue with my mogul this past weekend as was told that I have to switch my plan to use the pre, and I would have to pay $299, which totally contradicted what other CSR's have told me. Could this last CSR maybe just have been misinformed or had wrong information regarding my account?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasII View Post
    Pretty sure the Pre is $299 with $100 Mail-in-Rebate, which brings the end cost to $199. That's probably what you were quoted.

As I figured, which will probably mean I'll be getting the Pre from Best Buy or Radioshack. But I'm more concerned about my plan. I was told I'd be able to keep my current plan with the Pre...
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasII View Post
    Pretty sure the Pre is $299 with $100 Mail-in-Rebate, which brings the end cost to $199. That's probably what you were quoted.
    You will have to switch your plan....if you are told anything else it's a lie.

Unless you have some wild connections or some other magic Sprint credits the phone will cost you $299.00 before rebate, $199.00 after rebate (from Sprint).
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    You'll need to switch your plan. A unlimited data add-on isn't gonna be good enough.
    You have a nice plan currently, but if you want the Pre you will have to switch.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    You'll need to switch your plan. A unlimited data add-on isn't gonna be good enough.
    You have a nice plan currently, but if you want the Pre you will have to switch.
    What about reports that I hear of people getting different plans for the Pre? And why isn't a data plan enough? I'm not interested in MMS or Navigation really.

Palm Pre!
    i was on the exact same plan before i got my pre exect i didnt have unlimited text, BUT i found that now that i switched to the everything 450 plan i'm saving like $20/month, and even if i switch to the next level up plan i will still be saving $.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    ....why isn't a data plan enough? I'm not interested in MMS or Navigation really.
    Bottom line is because Sprints says so, end of story. There have been extremely isolated reports of people getting away with other plans for various reasons but I bet that they will eventually be forced to "upgrade." In the end it's only a phone plan....if it's not for you go elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    i was on the exact same plan before i got my pre exect i didnt have unlimited text, BUT i found that now that i switched to the everything 450 plan i'm saving like $20/month, and even if i switch to the next level up plan i will still be saving $.
    Oh ok...how has it been for you so far? My concern is with minutes...because I find myself easily staying under 300 for outgoing calls, but incoming I frequently top 700-800 minutes (this past month I've used about 1500 free incoming, 96 mobile-mobile minutes, 650 n/w, 3000 texts, 177MB of data usage, and I actually went over my outgoing minutes by 17 minutes , but my cycle ends today so that's ok).

Not sure if I'd really like to spend extra money for the Simply Everything plan. The ERP 1000 plan sounds decent for around the same price I'm playing now, but from what I'm hearing, it isn't available for the Pre yet.

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    I believe that I have the perfect plan for my Mogul currently, which is as follows:

Free Incoming 300
    Unlimited Data $5
    Unlimited Text Messaging $10
    TEP $7
    Free N/W
    Free Mobile-Mobile
    i have the same plan, for longest.. this plan was originally on the nextel side and when sprint took over nextel they added this same plan to the sprint side but quickly ended the plan after a few months. (i was grandfathered from nextel and received it for $39/mo when i ported over to sprint).

it's an excellent plan since a lot of people call me and i rarely call anyone.. so if you use a lot of incoming minutes then the only other option is to upgrade to the unlimited sprint plan which is like $100/mo. personally i refuse to spend double per month so i am sticking with this plan for a while and might just end up with the HTC touch pro 2 since i found out sprint wants to anal rob me by putting me on the $100/mo. plan when my plan is identical to the simply everything plan with the exception of unlimited outgoing minutes.

maybe after the pre "hype" diminishes (soon) sprint will let others with older plans get it.. if not, oh well i will pass up on the pre. i had a pre for 2 weeks on my job line but ended up returning it after screen problems.

good luck!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Bottom line is because Sprints says so, end of story......
    Yep, that's basically it.
    Customers with the free incoming plans are a constant thorn in my side as a dealer since I simply can't help them keep the plan if they want to change device types (Nextel to Sprint, or regular phone to Instinct/Pre).
    The new plans are excellent as long as you want all the goodies, but for the basic user most often these plans are overkill.

I was going to argue about the price of a new plan versus your old, but it's really apples to oranges.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.