Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So, after a lot of reading (not just this board, but many others) I decided to go out an buy a pre. I have a 3rd party employee plan and according to my chats with all the sprint reps I couldn't get a pre. I found somewhere on sprintusers that someone had done it. So i bit the bullet and bought one off of ebay. Yesterday I recieved it, activated it, and have been using it with no problems. I just had to activate the esn on the website and it went straight through. Checked my account this morning and I'm still on my $20 F&C plan. Loving the Pre too!

If anyone doubts I'll post a screen grab when I get to work. But trust me, I can def be done. The other guys at work were surprised too.

My Plan Is:
    $40.88/ month incl. tax

3000 anytime minutes
    Nights/Weekends 7PM
    Unlimited SMS/MMS
    unlimited internet
    Free Roaming,
    TEP

(3rd Party Employee plan)
    Sounds promising, but I bet once Sprint catches wind of this it will be over faster than you can believe. I hope by unlimited internet that means unlimited data, because if not your bill is going to be huge this month
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Sounds promising, but I bet once Sprint catches wind of this it will be over faster than you can believe. I hope by unlimited internet that means unlimited data, because if not your bill is going to be huge this month
    What he said. 200000KB x $0.02 = pissed off wife!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Unlimited Data is what I meant.

I moved from a Touch Diamond which I tethered often, so I'm not worried about usage.

I just hope if Sprint closes the whole they don't touch my account!
    Hopefully Sprint knows the difference between cents and dollars (anyone else remember the Verizon debacle?)
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Hopefully Sprint knows the difference between cents and dollars (anyone else remember the Verizon debacle?)
    .02 dollars <> .02 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Hopefully Sprint knows the difference between cents and dollars
    They don't....if you browse over to the data rates for Canadian roaming they are quoted at $0.002/Kb.

Canadian Rates
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The Pre is usable on 3rd party employee plans assuming you can find someone to do the switch for you. Every CS rep, NSS rep, and Dealer rep I have spoken to has told me currently the pre cannot be activated on ANY employee plan currently (not because it won't work but because of the Employee/Pre policy). The reasoning being that if you have the 3rd party employee plan you're probably a employee and current Sprint policy is that employees can't have the Pre.

Like I said, if you found someone who will switch you over, more power to you, but this is the exception to the rule, I would doubt other people would have the same luck.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I did my switch through my account on the web, not through the sprint system.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    you sure this can be done? i asked a sprint salesman if i could activate the pre if i bought it over craigslist/ebay and he said the system would "see" the pre and block it if i'm not on the right plan.
    Can be done, You HAVE to go thru sprint corp if you are on a thrid party plan, can only be done in Ensamble, they will say you have to change you plan, you say no I don't its not required just suggested, and they will put it thru.
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    It can be done, I'm using mine and loving it. Just did a basic esn swap online. They told me my plan wouldn't support it too, but its working fine.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    If you made the change online then you have the Employee plan on a normal indivdual account type. At one point all Sprint employees had their account types changed to the 3rd Party Employee/Corporate account type. These account types cannot have the Pre activated. During the transition some accounts didn't get changed (one of my guys here at my store lucked out and now has the Pre as well).
    It IS possible to activate the Pre on the employee plan assuming you have a standard Individual account type. Like I said, this is the exception to the rule and you're very lucky to have been able to get a Pre, but this is not the case for most people with employee plans.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    oh wow

I have been combing the internet looking for exactly this. I think I am one of those old employees that never got switched over, my accounts still acts like a regular customer account. Now I need to find the phone at a decent price.

Wish me luck!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hello, I have the Free & Clear Family Plan 1000

I have two lines on this account with unlimited data
    and texts. I really would like to activate the Palm Pre, are you guys saying all I need to do is buy a palm pre, go to Sprint's website and enter the ESN?
    This seems too good to be true, but if it really works
    Im gonna buy a Pre! Please let me know if someone else has tried this

Amar
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amkfoo View Post
    Hello, I have the Free & Clear Family Plan 1000....
    No, the 3000 F&C plan is the employee plan with a number of special codes attached, the normal 1000 F&C cannot be used with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Ok, here is my plan...
    Free & Clear Family Plan 1000
    * $40.00 Free & Clear Plan
    * Minutes Are Shared On This Plan
    * All Minutes Include Long Distance
    * 1000 Anytime Minutes
    * Caller ID, Call-waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail
    * Additional Anytime Minutes $.40 Per Min.

Monthly charge for service plan
    $40.00
    Plan add-ons for AMAR
    * EVDO CasualIncluded
    * Nights and weekends starting at 7pmIncluded
    * 500 SMS Messages1.00
    * PCS PICTURE MAILIncluded
    * Sprint Data Plus Pack10.00
    * 400 Cellular Bonus MinutesIncluded
    * 500 SMS MESSAGESIncluded
    * America Roaming IncludedIncluded
    * Unlimited Sprint Mobile to MobileIncluded
    * Cellular Call Detail Included
    I also get a Employee Discount Sprint 23%
    My bill ends up being $37.00 tax included, I know this is an awesome deal
    I really want a Palm Pre..I have been following it since its debut 6 months ago,
    what can I do to get one without switching plans.

If I cant get one im gonna hang on to this Free and Clear plan for dear life.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    already answered your question amkfoo.
  19. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    bro i hope sprint doesnt find out, because your account will be terminated if they do..as we're not allowed to use em employee plans till sometime in aug
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    yoshk,

My manager is all worried that he is going to get in trouble because I activated the Pre on my plan. Is this something he really needs to worry about (esp since Sprint is going to allow all employees to use the Pre in a couple of weeks). Should I do another ESN swap and put my Pre in the closet for a couple of weeks or just not worry about it since I've had it for a month and nobody from Sprint has said anything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast