Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but...

Why aren't Sprint employees allowed to use the Pre?

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Its not an ignorant question. I don't remember the reason why, but I think most of the carriers don't allow this with the newest phones. They make the employees wait a month or more before they can have them.. same with like Game systems and people who work @ Game stop etc...
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    It's a supply issue. It would have been pretty embarrassing for Sprint if 90% of the first shipment of Pre's was activated by employees and there were none left for the paying customers. My store alone would have needed 5 for employees.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I somehow managed to get a sprint corporate employee plan(unlimited everything for free) and customer care said if I just did an ESN swap with it, I'd be okay. Anyone know what the indirect(or 3rd Party) employee air card plan is though? Just curious on the differences in pricing since I pay 15 bucks/month for unlimited data card usage.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Well Sprint still hasn't said anything to me, and I told my manager to play dumb, so hopefully I get to keep my Pre.
    While I understand the reason behind not letting ALL the employees have the phone, it makes sense to let at least a good portion of the employees have the phone.

No one can sell a phone better than the person that actually owns and uses the product on a daily basis (whether that phone be the greatest thing since sliced bread, or the biggest turd on the planet).

How in the world would Joe consumer know what phone the employee actually owned anyway? Let them have the phone... Make them keep it out of sight when working.
    Agreed. That was one thing I really tip my hat to Apple for - giving all employees an iPhone on Launch day.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    They are getting rid of our free and clear bonus pack in october!!!!!
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I have the same plan - Pre is activated on it. I am still able to change phones at will with the ESN change on it.
    3000 Free & Clear Plan.

Dog: They can't make you change plans. That would be illegal. If they forced you to change your plan, you can call the FCC and file a complaint.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I have the same plan - Pre is activated on it. I am still able to change phones at will with the ESN change on it.
    3000 Free & Clear Plan.

Dog: They can't make you change plans. That would be illegal. If they forced you to change your plan, you can call the FCC and file a complaint.

Sigh. Read all the posts under this thread as to why you can use the Pre on that plan. And they really CAN make you change your plan when renewing the contract. That's why it's a NEW contract.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I have a Free & Clear Family 2000 plan ($100 for 3 lines) and have been looking to upgrade to a smarphone for a few months now (my upgrade is due in November). I decided a few weeks back to stay away from the pre due to all of the issues users have been dealing with. I have since been looking to other options such as the blackberry tour. I am aware I'm probably going to have to eat the $30 Blackberry Plan.

Anyways, if you go to the sprintpcs website and check the info for the Pre as well as the Instinct and Instinct s30, there are links to Plan Info on their descriptions and it shows only the Free & Clear plans that you can use them with. If u check out the fine print at the bottom they are the same except the Pre has an additional note:

"If you switch from a plan we no longer offer, and for some reason you decide to go back to your old phone, please be aware that you won't be able to switch back to your old plan. However, you will be able to switch to other plans we currently offer."

So I would definitely weigh the risks of sneaking your pre onto your old plan.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I am calling Sprint and tattling.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12