Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    My last working day at my current employer before I switch jobs is Thursday. My current employer offers a 18% discount for Sprint and our rep said as long as I activated a phone before I left I would get the discount and she wouldn't take it away. I am ordering a Pre tomorrow and transferring my current phone n umber to my new personal phone.

Up until now work has paid for my phone but now it will obviously be my responsibility. I am going to get the Everything Data plan for $89.99 with 900 anytime minutes (Because I don't get the dicount on the Simply Everything plan). So after paying $73.79 with the discount plus another $7 for the insurance how much more can I expect to pay in the fees and taxes?
    Sales taxes are going to be State + Local (if applicable) so you will have to figure that one out yourself.

Then you have the other surcharges (from my last bill):

Fed-Univ Serv Assess LD - $0.17
    Fed-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD - $1.60
    Saint Louis City-License Surcharge - $6.98
    Admin Charge - $1.98
    Regulatory Charge - $0.40

Naturally you will not have the St. Louis City charge. I couldn't tell you if city charges are common practice in the USA as I haven't been here that long. Also, some of the above fees are based off of your bill total.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/24/2009 at 10:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Sales taxes are going to be State + Local (if applicable) so you will have to figure that one out yourself.

Then you have the other surcharges (from my last bill):

Fed-Univ Serv Assess LD - $0.17
    Fed-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD - $1.60
    Saint Louis City-License Surcharge - $6.98
    Admin Charge - $1.98
    Regulatory Charge - $0.40

Naturally you will not have the St. Louis City charge. I couldn't tell you if if city charges are common practice in the USA as I haven't been here that long. Also, some of the above fees are based off of you bill total.
    Thanks, I actually lived in Carbondale, IL for 30 years before moving to Spokane, WA. I have been to St. Louis many a time and my brother manages Bar Louie in Kirkwood.

Anyhow, I live in Washington (obviously) so we have pretty high sales tax due to the fact we don't have state income taxes so I'm sure mine will look something like yours does as far as the total amount.
    You may also want to call Sprint after you sign up and request the Credit Union Discount (10%). They give this to anyone that asks for it regardless of you being in a CU or not.

Lucky for me my wife is a Doc at Wash-U so we get a 23% corp discount from them but 10% is better than nothing. Might cancel out those fees?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You may also want to call Sprint after you sign up and request the Credit Union Discount (10%). They give this to anyone that asks for it regardless of you being in a CU or not.

Lucky for me my wife is a Doc at Wash-U so we get a 23% corp discount from them but 10% is better than nothing. Might cancel out those fees?
    So you can stack the CU discount on top of a corporate discount? (I am a CU member, I actually am I member at two CU's so maybe I can get a 20% discount )
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzer View Post
    So you can stack the CU discount on top of a corporate discount?
    Nope. Sorry I could have explained myself a bit better I suppose. One or the other, the other being the best option in my case
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    In my store I usually advise folks it will be about %15 on top of your monthly.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.