1.    #1  
    Why is Sprint still using SCI 2? It is just too slow, and can take a while to start ringing. Please use an SCI of 0 or at least 1, at least for us that had to switch to the most expensive plan.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I was under the impression that the slower values increased standby time on the battery?
  3.    #3  
    They do but not much, when I had the Mogul I changed it from 2 to 0, and there was not much battery life difference, in fact I did not notice any difference at all. However the ring delay improvement was much appreciated.
    So is there any way to change this on the phone or is it all controlled on the network side?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I think in general it gets changed on the device end of things - but I'm no expert.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, it can be changed with ##3282#, but you need the MSL code.
    If you activated your Pre manually by phone or chat, Sprint should have given you the MSL. I just changed my SCI to 1, I'll see how it affects battery life.
    I'm not sure I follow what exactly this means. Is this the 2 ring delay from when the rings start happening on the callers end and the cellphone end?
    The slot cycle index determines how often your phone will "wake up" and listen for any incoming calls and other info. If the SCI is 0, your phone wakes up every 1.28 seconds, if it's 1, every 2.56 seconds, 2, every 5.12 seconds and so on.
    Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I see how a difference of a couple seconds matters. In fact I'd be inclined to think if setting it so the time is longer saves battery then why not have it set to like about 10 seconds or would that cause you to actually miss a call?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I just changed mine to 1 also. Has anyone noticed a difference in either call "alertness" or battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I see how a difference of a couple seconds matters. In fact I'd be inclined to think if setting it so the time is longer saves battery then why not have it set to like about 10 seconds or would that cause you to actually miss a call?
    I would think setting it to 10 seconds even if you could would result in missed calls since it could ring less on your phone before going to vm.