Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There have been other postings on Sprint Premier (SP) but I figure this would be a general thread to discuss your experiences with SP. We could cover topics such as:

+ SP experiences: good, bad or average from one or more of the following venues: online, in-person @ Sprint Store or via phone customer service/retentions.
    + SP in conjunction with monthly insurance plan. Necessary?
    + SP experiences with third-party Sprint stores such as Best Buy. (Example: Also in conjunction with being a Best Buy Reward Zone member.)
    + Better deals with phone plans with SP? Both single and family plans.
    + The new one year vs. previous 2 year upgrade policy (as a general Sprint customer). List your experiences here! For example, transitioning from one phone to another via SP. Up and including rebates...instant rebates or heaven forbid...do the mail-in rebates still exist as an SP member?
    + Sprint SERO plans with SP.
    + Being an SP customer and also working with a plan through service plan discounts at work (i.e. Sprint Corporate discounts).
    + Anything else!
    Okay I've been a SP member for years now and never really seen any difference in service. I receive nice glossy promo stuff free 25 minutes here and there or ringtones (but who really cares since I don't go over minutes and I could care less about ringtones!)....Now you did trigger my interest with the Monthly Insurance Plan question...is there some type of insurance with being a SP member? Also the 25% discount did anyone get this with their pre accessory purchases? Since I really don't remember being an SP member is this discount automatically applied? I didn't get it with my accessory purchases! Let me know....I probably won't matter since my Pre is going back on the 30th, too many bugs for my liking I'll give it a whirl next year since by the time it ends up on other carriers they would have worked out some of their issues!
    I really don't believe their is anything special about being an SP customer. From the sprint website it looks like anyone can sign up even though I was automatically enrolled since Ihave had sprint for over 8 years.
    The only thing special from SP that I got was an offer to be a vip at a ny jets training camp last year. To some they will say big deal but as it happens I'm a huge jets fan and as luck would have it it turned out to be Brett Favres first public jets practice so it was nice not having to deal with the over 11,000 people that showed up. I took some pictures if anyones interested at flickr.com/bksports
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    How does one become a SP member and what are the qualifications. I've been a Sprint customer since 1999 and have had a bill with monthly recurring charges north of $100 for most of it. Just curious as to what it takes to be in the club. (And I know, if you have to ask, you're not worthy.)
    Quote Originally Posted by btrotta View Post
    How does one become a SP member and what are the qualifications. I've been a Sprint customer since 1999 and have had a bill with monthly recurring charges north of $100 for most of it. Just curious as to what it takes to be in the club. (And I know, if you have to ask, you're not worthy.)
    You should be a SP member. It's either have a recurring monthly charge of $69.99 or higher for at least 3 months or be a Sprint customer for 10+ years. Which you seem to satisfy both

Try calling Sprint and asking them about it.
    the one thing you need to keep in mind is that u have to have at least 6 months good payment history to take advantage of anything the SP program has to offer.
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
    Other than being able to get a phone at the full renewal discount in 12 months instead of 22 - and the one time 25% discount coupon which I used to buy a Touchstone - it is really not a big deal, IMO. The bar to qualify is so broad, probably a majority of the post-paid customers have SP!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change - Darwin
    in the long run thats why sprint is doin this. think about how many people have old plans are not getting the premier. imo its sprint trying to give people good reasons to switch to new plans.

its worth it to me to have yearly upgrades because at the rate technology advances, new phones are almost obsolete 6 months down the road and most people want the next big phone with all the cool bells and whistles. Heck thats y most of you on here have the pre right? it was the coolest new phone.

so a year from now because you have a pre (which means ur on a qualifying plan) you can upgrade again to the latest phone that will have your attention.

***small disclaimer- if your on a family plan that qualifies, only the primary line qualifies for the annual upgrades...all other lines must fufill 22 months of the contract prior to being available for upgrade***
    I have been with Sprint for 12+ years.
    My plan is above 69.99.
    I get the Premiere mailings and emails.

And guess what - it don't mean jack shyte. Customer service is no different. I don't feel special.

Once again, the marketeers thought of some cool idea, but the execution is lame.

If you are work in Sprint's marketing dept, you cringe reading this, but basically you spent millions developing a "loyalty" that doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi there,

I too have noticed ZERO difference in beng an SP customer than a friend who just started with Sprint less than a year ago. I have been with Sprint for 10+ years and average a $250 a month bill.

I did find out that there are apparently different levels of SP. I am supposedly a "white glove" SP customer. I do not know if that is considered top tier, bottom rung, or what.

What I do know, is that I have never received a special offer, did NOT get invited to the Pre Launch (even though they had a party in Dallas where I live), and I did not NOT get the 25% discount on ANY of the 3 touchstones, nor phone charges, nor holsters, that I purchased for the 3 Pre's that I own.

I love the Sprint service plans, prices, and phone selections, but offering SP as a level of service, and then never seeing a difference to account for it, leaves one with a feeling of being snubbed for years of loyal service rather than appreciated.

Anyone else know what "level" of SP they are classified as?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    Hi there,

I too have noticed ZERO difference in beng an SP customer than a friend who just started with Sprint less than a year ago. I have been with Sprint for 10+ years and average a $250 a month bill.

I did find out that there are apparently different levels of SP. I am supposedly a "white glove" SP customer. I do not know if that is considered top tier, bottom rung, or what.

What I do know, is that I have never received a special offer, did NOT get invited to the Pre Launch (even though they had a party in Dallas where I live), and I did not NOT get the 25% discount on ANY of the 3 touchstones, nor phone charges, nor holsters, that I purchased for the 3 Pre's that I own.

I love the Sprint service plans, prices, and phone selections, but offering SP as a level of service, and then never seeing a difference to account for it, leaves one with a feeling of being snubbed for years of loyal service rather than appreciated.

Anyone else know what "level" of SP they are classified as?

how did you find out whatlevel you were?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post

***small disclaimer- if your on a family plan that qualifies, only the primary line qualifies for the annual upgrades...all other lines must fufill 22 months of the contract prior to being available for upgrade***

all 4 of my family plan lines were available for early upgrades...
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    There are no levels to SP. The White Glove program was the old name for SP and very few customers were in that program. Some CS reps still call it "White Glove" which can cause confusion.
    The discounts on accessories are not automatically applied when you buy accessories, you must present and coupon you receive in the mail. You should receive one coupon a year.
    The early upgrades are only supposed to apply to the first phone ona family plan but I have seen some pretty wacky exceptions to this rule so I don't doubt some are getting early upgrades for all their phones.
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    That is RIDICULOUSLY STUPID. Who came up with that stipulation? It needs to apply to every line that qualifies, you're going to lose customers with that who have more than one qualifying line and are LIVID that they cannot upgrade as advertised.
    occasionally sprint is doing lottery draws for early upgrades which can include one-all lines on the account. its random...
    Quote Originally Posted by scharlesjr View Post
    Also the 25% discount did anyone get this with their pre accessory purchases? Since I really don't remember being an SP member is this discount automatically applied? I didn't get it with my accessory purchases! Let me know....
    You should have been send a little coupon/card for the 25% off. I'm pretty sure I got one but its long gone. I just told the Sprint store guy that I was a SP type and thought I was supposed to get a discout. He said "do you have your coupon?" I said nope and he said no problem and took the 25% off at the register.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by scharlesjr View Post
    ....Now you did trigger my interest with the Monthly Insurance Plan question...is there some type of insurance with being a SP member?
    Not that I know of. But if we get the upgrade of a new handset every year, wondering if the insurance is worth it; about an extra $84/year. Anything to cut costs down...

Changing subjects a bit...who here has a phone plan AND a Sprint Wireless card plan? Any insights on that?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    They have special pricing for wireless aircards if you have a phone on the $99.99 Everything plan. The special price knocks $10 off the regular price: $49.99 instead of $59.99.

That's the only special pricing for wireless aircards unless you have some kind of sweet old deal.

As for the earlier question concerning special pricing for the protection plans if you are a premier customer, there is no special pricing.

ESRP (Equipment Service and Replacement Plan) = $4
    ERP (Insurance through Assurion) = $4
    TEP (Both of the above) = $7
    DP (Old Nextel insurance through Signal, no longer available) = $3
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  19.    #19  
    I have had the Treo800w for almost a year now. As mentioned earlier in my first post of this thread, I'm also a Sprint Premier member, which will allow me to upgrade every year...for me that is July 11. Should I take the plunge?

Main question...how easy is to transfer my data from a Treo 800w to a Treo Pro using the built-in Sprite back-up? In theory, I would insert my 8GB mini SD card from the Treo 800w to the Pro. Then Launch Sprite back-up from the Pro and transfer my data from the card to the Pro. (Hope that makes sense.)

How is the camera on the Treo Pro? The Treo 800w's camera isn't that all intuitive. I also hear rumours of WM 6.5...should I hold off a little longer...?

P.S. What about text messaging/MMS/SMS...are the two apps (from Treo 800w to Pro) compatible now? Would the 800w SMS back-up work for the TreoPro?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The Treo Pro (Treo 850W) is the quite simply the best WinMo phone Sprint has ever sold hands down. Forget the HTC Touch Pro, the Treo Pro blows it away.
    Treo Pro has decent battery life, a slim attractive form factor, and nice large touchscreen, some Palm only modifications to WinMo to make it work better on the palm device, plus the phone just feels solid and full of quality in your hand. My only gripe? The stupid stylus is hard to slide out... oh yeah, and WinMo sucks.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast