Page 1 of 32 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Yosh, Intro, and i are teaming up to start a thread that i hope will take off rather well. He and i will be checking into this thread on a regular basis to answer direct questions regarding sprint service. Please dont ask for things like bill credits and "how do i get out of my contract with no ETF"....We look forward to helping many of you out and it is my hope that a moderator make this thread a sticky eventually if it proves to be a useful thread.

so as the thread title states....Ask away ladies and gents.
    Last edited by stuntingace; 07/03/2009 at 12:51 PM.
    I just asked the forces above me if we could sticky it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    Great. im not too concerned about making it a stick immediately considering i have yet to see if its going to be a hit or even worth it. If its made a sticky then great. I dont see why this thread wouldnt take off but ya never know. thanks Palandri
  4.    #4  
    wow that was quick. thanks again palandri
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    wow that was quick. thanks again palandri
    No problem! PM sent!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

When will this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ing-calls.html

be fixed?

So you don't have to click on the link:

Description of Problem:

The Sprint Treo Pro will sometimes send calls directly to voicemail in areas of low signal even though you are able to place outgoing calls from the same location just fine. In this instance, your phone will NOT ring and you will NOT get an incoming call notification. The cause of this problem is that the parameters that defines the receiver gain offsets are set too low by default.

Note: this should not be confused with the silent ringer problem which is a known issue with SPB products such as SPB Mobile Shell or SPB Phone Suite, see this thread for details and a solution to that problem.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  7.    #7  
    looks like the solution is in the post....what am i missing here.
    The "solution" in the post does not work... as shown further down the postings....

The solution is said to help, but I'm not sure it does. There is still an issue when the phone is in 1x and pulling data (email, txt, web, etc).

What is needed is a fix from Palm/Sprint... gathering from your response, does not look like you can't offer much help on the issue.

Thanks anyway!
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    if i have a (small) crack on my pre, and i haven't done anything to damage it (i.e. dropping it), and "babied" it, but there is a still a crack. what would a sprint rep's stance on it? do they take the customer's word for it? and replace it free of charge? or do they have a hard stance to not replace anything showing physical damage?

basically my crack is so small, that it could've been there since day one and not noticed it because its only noticeable in a really dark setting and the screen is on because a small amount of light leaks through. i'm not that concerned if it stays this little, what worries me if the crack starts webbing outward and gets bigger. what would sprints take on this?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    The "solution" in the post does not work... as shown further down the postings....

The solution is said to help, but I'm not sure it does. There is still an issue when the phone is in 1x and pulling data (email, txt, web, etc).

What is needed is a fix from Palm/Sprint... gathering from your response, does not look like you can't offer much help on the issue.

Thanks anyway!
    honestly no i dont have much i can offer for help. i was not even aware that is was a device specific problem. I have not had one customer complain of it however i will do some research w some of my other stores and see if i can come up w some answers for you.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Hi stuntingace and Yosh, thanks for providing this. I hope this question doesn't fall into the category of ones that aren't useful but here goes:

I'm trying to convince my mother-in-law to switch over to our family plan (EPRP) for a couple of reasons - one to help Sprint/Palm out (if she can get a Pre), and also to help us get our per-phone cost down a little. I called Sprint Customer Care about this already and they basically were all about "no" which seems odd for a company wanting business, but maybe they don't care about new customers if they are just going on an EPRP plan with low margins? In any case, I don't always trust that customer care will always have the most accurate answer to a question Anyway, here are the questions:

1) She has an old LG C2000 phone and all her contacts are on it - she says they are on the SIM. Turns out there aren't all THAT many (maybe 60-70), so it's not a big issue, but basically I was wondering whether these could be transferred to a Pre if she got one? Do Sprint service centers not have equipment to do this from competing carriers? Seems like that would be a no-brainer to get people to switch... Sprint Customer Care said no...

2) Given that there's going to be a $100 iPhone and my mother-in-law said something about hearing about someone getting one for $50 (maybe a refurb?). Anyway, a friend of mine said they were offered $100 Pre's for the whole family since they were considering moving to AT&T for the iPhone, but when I talked to customer care they said $200 (with rebate) was the absolute lowest that you could get the Pre for even for an additional line. Is there any hope of getting anything lower?

3) I know there is currently a referral plan for new lines where the person being referred and the referrer will get $25 each, so this could potentially lower the cost another $50. I just wanted to confirm that this would happen with a newly added line on an EPRP account?

Thanks again!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I have a question about Sprint's plans...
    I looked into it and found all of sprint's everything plans. The one that best suits me would be the unlimited data plan for the pre which is $70 and includes 450 anytime minutes...
    However, i only need around 200 anytime minutes because i usually text more than i talk on the phone.
    So, i was wondering is it possible to get the Basic plan which includes 200 minutes for $30 and then add on unlimited data to that? I know at at&t and verizon you can do this for an extra $30... So is this possible on Sprint, because i'd be saving $10 a month... which does help

-Thanks in advance
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Hi stuntingace and Yosh, thanks for providing this. I hope this question doesn't fall into the category of ones that aren't useful but here goes:

I'm trying to convince my mother-in-law to switch over to our family plan (EPRP) for a couple of reasons - one to help Sprint/Palm out (if she can get a Pre), and also to help us get our per-phone cost down a little. I called Sprint Customer Care about this already and they basically were all about "no" which seems odd for a company wanting business, but maybe they don't care about new customers if they are just going on an EPRP plan with low margins? In any case, I don't always trust that customer care will always have the most accurate answer to a question Anyway, here are the questions:

1) She has an old LG C2000 phone and all her contacts are on it - she says they are on the SIM. Turns out there aren't all THAT many (maybe 60-70), so it's not a big issue, but basically I was wondering whether these could be transferred to a Pre if she got one? Do Sprint service centers not have equipment to do this from competing carriers? Seems like that would be a no-brainer to get people to switch... Sprint Customer Care said no...

2) Given that there's going to be a $100 iPhone and my mother-in-law said something about hearing about someone getting one for $50 (maybe a refurb?). Anyway, a friend of mine said they were offered $100 Pre's for the whole family since they were considering moving to AT&T for the iPhone, but when I talked to customer care they said $200 (with rebate) was the absolute lowest that you could get the Pre for even for an additional line. Is there any hope of getting anything lower?

3) I know there is currently a referral plan for new lines where the person being referred and the referrer will get $25 each, so this could potentially lower the cost another $50. I just wanted to confirm that this would happen with a newly added line on an EPRP account?

Thanks again!

ok so here we go.
    1) yes absolutely any sprint store should have a machine that can get the contacts off. the machine i run can use the phone or the sim card itself to get the contact info off!

2) 200 is the cheapest its going to be for a while. i havent heard of any ways to get em cheaper other than some sort of retentions deal where they offer you a 100 dollar bill credit to compensate the cost.

3) yes there is a referal program for new customers setting up a new account. after activating the new phone simply dialing #733 (#ref) simply enter the telephone # of the person refering the new customer. however im not entirely sure if this works with adding a line to a new account. im pretty sure its not going to work but worth a shot. the only thing i would make sure to try is make sure the referer isnt on the same account as the new line. its 25 for the new customer and 25 for the refering customer. making a totall of 50 bucks. they come in the form of prepaid visa's and are reloadable. you can refer up to 12 people a year giving you an extra 300 dollars a year and making more of your friends and family free in network calls, which means you use less of your anytime minutes.

hope that helps
    jake
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMace23 View Post
    I have a question about Sprint's plans...
    I looked into it and found all of sprint's everything plans. The one that best suits me would be the unlimited data plan for the pre which is $70 and includes 450 anytime minutes...
    However, i only need around 200 anytime minutes because i usually text more than i talk on the phone.
    So, i was wondering is it possible to get the Basic plan which includes 200 minutes for $30 and then add on unlimited data to that? I know at at&t and verizon you can do this for an extra $30... So is this possible on Sprint, because i'd be saving $10 a month... which does help

-Thanks in advance
    no you cant add packages to existing plans however you could look into what kind of discounts your eligable for. something like being a credit union member gets u 10% off your monthly bill and waives your activation fees. so on the 450 everything data plan it makes it $63. plus waives the 18 dollar upgrade fee for existing customers and the $36 activation fee for new lines/customers. another thing to look at is if your job qualifies you for a corp discount from 5%-27% monthly.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    if i have a (small) crack on my pre, and i haven't done anything to damage it (i.e. dropping it), and "babied" it, but there is a still a crack. what would a sprint rep's stance on it? do they take the customer's word for it? and replace it free of charge? or do they have a hard stance to not replace anything showing physical damage?

basically my crack is so small, that it could've been there since day one and not noticed it because its only noticeable in a really dark setting and the screen is on because a small amount of light leaks through. i'm not that concerned if it stays this little, what worries me if the crack starts webbing outward and gets bigger. what would sprints take on this?
    for some reason i remember reading somewhere that this is something that has been happening w some customers. it may or may not be a know issue though. from what the service and repair centers i am associated w its not a known issue and would be considered physical damage resulting in a 100 deductible for a replacement. However yosh works in a service and repair center i believe so he would be a better source for an answer. YOSH WHATCHA THINK??
    Hey guys.
    I am wondering if you could let me know what I need to bring in if I need to replace my pre. I bought it when it first came out and now I have 6 dead pixels, and my screen is twisting like no other closed. I would rather not replace it after setting everything up the way I like it but the screen keeps getting looser and looser. thanks guys.
  17.    #17  
    just bring the box and phone into the store it was purchased at. make sure u have everthing that it came with and in good condition.
    for existing sprint customers that qualify for the $150 off upgrade, will the MIR for the pre still be available?

I noticed on the MIR form one of the requirements for the MIR is "qualified existing customers, with service on the same device for more than 22 consecutive months and a new two-year agreement, may be eligible for mail-in rebates..." So I've only had my existing device for 12 months but I qualify for the $150 off upgrade if I sign a new 2 year agreement. I was told by the sales rep that the MIR should still apply but I want a confirmed answer from Sprint. Thanks
  19.    #19  
    you are a premeir customer making ur line the primary line on the account and making your line available for upgrades every 12 months. you will be fine for getting the MIR whatever the advertised rebate is. normally $50-100....come to think of it i havent ever seen any other values of MIR's. lol

long story short ur fine as long as ur qualified for the 150 upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    you are a premeir customer making ur line the primary line on the account and making your line available for upgrades every 12 months. you will be fine for getting the MIR whatever the advertised rebate is. normally $50-100....come to think of it i havent ever seen any other values of MIR's. lol

long story short ur fine as long as ur qualified for the 150 upgrade.
    awesome! thanks for the reply, stuntingace. Saved me a call into customer service!
Page 1 of 32 12345611 ... LastLast