Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have a question for stuntingace, yosh and intro.

I purchased my Pre on July 21, and although I am really enjoying webOS, there are basic things about the phone that I don't like. I have missed numerous calls because I cannot feel the Pre vibrating in my pocket, and the keyboard is just too small for me.

What I would like to do is keep my Pre until the end of the 30 return period and then exchange it for a BlackBerry Tour. Then, ideally, I will use the Tour for 30 days, which should bring me to September 19. I will then return that phone and get the Hero on October 11.

Will Sprint allow me to return 2 phones as long as I return each of them within their 30 day periods? As there separate 30 day periods, or do I have 30 days do buy a phone I like, and that's it. Will I get the $150 discount on the Tour and again in October on the Hero because I received said discount the Pre, which I will have returned?

I would truly appreciate some imput.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Also, from the information I have gathered on the website, it looks like you have 30 days to become satisfied with any phone you choose and subsequently return. Stated differently, if I return my Pre and get the Tour, my 30 day period still expired on August 20 - it is not extended by an additional 30 days.

My question, now, is this: if I return the Pre but stay on the simply everything plan, will I still be eligible for the $150 upgrade in October?
    Yes, however the system will probably show that you don't qualify since it was already used. All you would need to do is inform the store or telesales rep that you returned your previous phone within 30 days and they should be able to override the price after doing the proper research.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garion521 View Post
    Yes, however the system will probably show that you don't qualify since it was already used. All you would need to do is inform the store or telesales rep that you returned your previous phone within 30 days and they should be able to override the price after doing the proper research.
    This is correct, we've had a lot of people do this.

FYI guys I'm going to be out of town all week so I'm not sure how much I will be able to post but ill do my best.

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpozan View Post
    Also, from the information I have gathered on the website, it looks like you have 30 days to become satisfied with any phone you choose and subsequently return. Stated differently, if I return my Pre and get the Tour, my 30 day period still expired on August 20 - it is not extended by an additional 30 days.

My question, now, is this: if I return the Pre but stay on the simply everything plan, will I still be eligible for the $150 upgrade in October?
    Take the Pre back if you wish to be able to use that credit. Moving phones around like that will screw up your bill. Trust me Ive been there.

Return your pre and wait for the phone you really want. If You bought it on your account its going to take until your next billing cycle to show a credit for the returned pre. I would take your pre back now and wait to get the phone you want.

Sprint also charges $35 anytime you return a phone to get a diffrent one. But not if you return it and go back a month later to get something diffrent.
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The 30 day satisfaction period is reset when you exchange a phone during the 30 day period.
    I'm going to go with synonyx on this one. While you can do the swap from Pre to Tour and then Tour to Hero, there will be a $35 restocking fee with each exchange. Simply returning the Pre and going back to your previous phone will undo the new contract, give you back your upgrade eligibility and give you back your money that was spent on the Pre, and there is no restocking fee.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thank you all for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    The 30 day satisfaction period is reset when you exchange a phone during the 30 day period.
    I'm going to go with synonyx on this one. While you can do the swap from Pre to Tour and then Tour to Hero, there will be a $35 restocking fee with each exchange. Simply returning the Pre and going back to your previous phone will undo the new contract, give you back your upgrade eligibility and give you back your money that was spent on the Pre, and there is no restocking fee.
    Corporate stores have a one time 30-day return/exchange policy. So if you went from Pre - Tour, that is where it would end. Another exchange would not be qualified under the return/exchange policy unless it is defective. Third-party retailers might have slightly different 30-day policies, but the Sprint corporate policy is for a single exchange within 30 days, with a $35 restocking fee unless you are switching out for the same phone and color (meaning it is defective).
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    i have zero signal at work where i am 80% of the time. Can i get an airwave for free?
    Me and and brother both have Pres and at home its always switching to 1x, 1xRoaming, and back to EvDo. I called Cs and tech support and did a reset and some updates etc... Got both Pres swapped out 2 times and still have the same signal issues. The tech guy on the phone said since the coverage map shows fair coverage there's nothing he can do Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    Corporate stores have a one time 30-day return/exchange policy.....
    Thanks for posting Halcyon, nice to have a corporate rep posting here. I wasn't aware of the one time swap policy, our stores tend to be a bit more lax concerning this though we discourage abuse of the exchanges.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    i have zero signal at work where i am 80% of the time. Can i get an airwave for free?
    I doubt it. In general Sprint will only assist in the cost of a Airave if you are having signal problems at your home address.

However, you should check the coverage maps at Sprint.com and if the area is in a good coverage area, you should report the weak signal to technical support and see if they can't dispatch a field technician to check the signal stregth in the area.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    Me and and brother both have Pres and at home its always switching to 1x, 1xRoaming, and back to EvDo....
    Is this only a data issue? In other words do you have weak signal for phone calls as well or even dropped calls? My above post applies to you as well, data signal is generally a different coverage area from cellular calls, so reporting the issue to tech support for a field tech to check the area may be a good idea for you as well.
    I doubt it. In general Sprint will only assist in the cost of a Airave if you are having signal problems at your home address.

However, you should check the coverage maps at Sprint.com and if the area is in a good coverage area, you should report the weak signal to technical support and see if they can't dispatch a field technician to check the signal stregth in the area.
    Im on the 31st floor on a tower in Houston. Do you still think it would be beneficial to send a technical support guy out here? I do get great signal at ground level. ATT and verizon get full bars on 31 so i know it can be achieved.
    I just got my Pre at work today I have been waiting until it was my turn to get one. We had 2 Pres come in. Now if you follow this good if not it doesnt matter too much. Me "A" Had a 700p thats it being retired. B has a 755p and that is being moved to another number for a new person. I call Sprint to activate I start with B's Pre we get it going and then we move to mine (A) I give her the ESN(?) off of the box then open the box and take the phone out and when she told me to turn the phone on I did.
    Then we move to assigning the 755 to the new number. I continue through the prompts on my phone and after I put in the info for the profile and get a message that it cant access the network. Tried again same thing. She walked me through a factory reset same thing. She got somebody from tech support on the line and drops off. Then the tech support person told me that I turned the phone on before I was told to and now there is a network lockout and they will call me back in the morning to try again. She said it was something like 16 hours left on the lock out. She told me if I like I could put my old phone back on for voice only but thats useless with out email.
    I asked if it could be reset (it is Sprint's network) she said no it would have to wait out the time out. Is she blowing smoke or can this be sped along?
    Last edited by JohnnyP; 08/03/2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I feelin' a bit mislead today by Sprint. I purchased two Pre's the day they came out, a big decision maker was the fact that they were offering a rebate. Just received a notice stating that "A rebate submission has already been received for this Sprint Phone Number"... excuse me ???? So what this is telling me is that the rebate is based on my phone number and NOT the 2 Palm Pre's I just purchased. This is just another notch of disgust towards Sprint, I really thought they were on the right track to improving their business and taking care of their customers (I've been one for over 10 yrs).
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
    I just got my Pre at work today I have been waiting until it was my turn to get one. We had 2 Pres come in. Now if you follow this good if not it doesnt matter too much. Me "A" Had a 700p thats it being retired. B has a 755p and that is being moved to another number for a new person. I call Sprint to activate I start with B's Pre we get it going and then we move to mine (A) I give her the ESN(?) off of the box then open the box and take the phone out and when she told me to turn the phone on I did.
    Then we move to assigning the 755 to the new number. I continue through the prompts on my phone and after I put in the info for the profile and get a message that it cant access the network. Tried again same thing. She walked me through a factory reset same thing. She got somebody from tech support on the line and drops off. Then the tech support person told me that I turned the phone on before I was told to and now there is a network lockout and they will call me back in the morning to try again. She said it was something like 16 hours left on the lock out. She told me if I like I could put my old phone back on for voice only but thats useless with out email.
    I asked if it could be reset (it is Sprint's network) she said no it would have to wait out the time out. Is she blowing smoke or can this be sped along?
    I haven't heard of a system lockout before on the Pre, doesn't mean there isn't one, but I haven't had to deal with one before. My recommendation is give it an hour or so and turn it on again, the Pre has to activate and set itself up, unlike other devices it cannot manually be activated. If it cannot activate it will try 5 times before stopping and telling you to call care. If it doesn't work the first couple of times turn it off for another 30-60 minutes and try again. Worst case if it stops trying to activate itself is doing a factory reset, that consists of dialing ##RTN# and the access code. The rep might have walked you through that for troubleshooting, if so if you have the number written down you are good, if not you will probably have to talk to tech support again if it won't activate itself fairly quickly (could take up to 4 hours potentially, but not usually).

I would also check Sprint.com to see if it shows you currently having a Pre on your phone number in your profile. Could be that the rep didn't enter the serial number right or something like that, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by joeylove View Post
    I feelin' a bit mislead today by Sprint. I purchased two Pre's the day they came out, a big decision maker was the fact that they were offering a rebate. Just received a notice stating that "A rebate submission has already been received for this Sprint Phone Number"... excuse me ???? So what this is telling me is that the rebate is based on my phone number and NOT the 2 Palm Pre's I just purchased. This is just another notch of disgust towards Sprint, I really thought they were on the right track to improving their business and taking care of their customers (I've been one for over 10 yrs).

My recommendation is to call into the rebate department, contact info will be in the notice you received to take a look... or you could also try putting your number in at www.sprintrebates.com and see what it pulls up. We have had customers that receive notices that it is not being processed, but then receive their rebate anyway, some kind of computer error when sending out the notices. A rebate dept rep should be able to see what is going on and why it is/is not denied and what the case may be.

Just giving up because you receive a notice doesn't do anything. The notices usually say something along the lines of "If you think this is an error contact us at (866)xxx-xxxx" (Don't know the number off the top of my head).
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Thanks, That did the trick!
    I signed a new contract last Wednesday, 7/29/09, and got a new Pre for my wife and me. My daughter had a birthday party on Saturday, 8/1/09, and during the party (while sitting on my kitchen counter not being used at all) my phone developed the dreaded "cracked screen of death." Less than 4 days after getting my Pre it is now dead. Now I'm waiting for a replacement from Asurion (after the usual fight with the local Sprint store and customer service), but once I get it I don't really want it anymore. I don't want a phone that self-destructed on my kitchen counter and neither does my wife.

So my question is this: I want to move to AT&T for the iPhone and want to port mine and my wife's cell numbers in the process. At the same time I want to cancel the Sprint contract and return the Pres since I am in the 30 day cancellation period of the new contract. What is the proper method for me to accomplish that? Since I need to return the phones do I go to Sprint first, or do I go to AT&T to port the numbers to them and then go to a Sprint store to cancel and return the phones? Should I wait to be sure the numbers port ok before returning the phones to a Sprint store?

Thanks for any help!
    Is this only a data issue? In other words do you have weak signal for phone calls as well or even dropped calls? My above post applies to you as well, data signal is generally a different coverage area from cellular calls, so reporting the issue to tech support for a field tech to check the area may be a good idea for you as well.
    Weak signal for data and calls. I get occasional dropped calls at home. The rep already issued a ticket for the tower be to checked out 2 weeks ago. I called again today and they try to up sell an Air Rave to me. I'm done calling Sprint about the issues, I'll fix my own problem and just force roam at home from now on.
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast