Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 621
Like Tree1Likes
  1. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by s140 View Post
    ....I didnt want to use the business if its going to give issues. Will it? Will that change my account over to business services? That would remove my discount, maybe?
    If you already have a discount you may already be on a Corporate Account type anyway. Only customer service or a Sprint store can tell you that. If it's just a plan change it shouldn't affect your discount.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  2. #142  
    is there any loophole that i can take so that i do not have to have the everything plan with the palm pre. i have unlimited pic/text message, unlimited data, 1000 minutes. i just don't have the title "everything plan." i really want the palm pre but changing to those plans will make my plan be a lot more expensive
  3. liamb's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #143  
    I bought a Palm Pre off ebay for around $280 because I didn't want to extend my contract because I am leaving for the Peace Corps next summer, and my current contract ends in February.

    So far I am really satisfied with the phone thus far. However I bought the phone before I found this forum and started reading about all the problems people are having with it (oreo effect, etc). Mine does this a little but not too bad.

    Since I don't have any kind of warranty on the phone, I am trying to figure out what my options are if something happens to it.

    I've heard a couple people in this thread mention TEP (Total Equipment Protection?) which is like $7 a month. (For their Treo 755p)

    I was wondering, if something were to happen to my phone could I call and add the TEP, wait a couple of days and then just pay the deductible (I think $100) and then cancel the TEP afterwards?

    Could I keep doing this (adding it and taking it off) if something were to happen to my phone later on down the line?

    Thanks!
    -Tim
    Last edited by hawt; 07/26/2009 at 12:13 PM.
  4. intro's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    I bought a Palm Pre off ebay for around $280 because I didn't want to extend my contract because I am leaving for the Peace Corps next summer, and my current contract ends in February.

    So far I am really satisfied with the phone thus far. However I bought the phone before I found this forum and started reading about all the problems people are having with it (oreo effect, etc). Mine does this a little but not too bad.

    Since I don't have any kind of warranty on the phone, I am trying to figure out what my options are if something happens to it.

    I've heard a couple people in this thread mention TEP (Total Equipment Protection?) which is like $7 a month. (For their Treo 755p)

    I was wondering, if something were to happen to my phone could I call and add the TEP, wait a couple of days and then just pay the deductible (I think $100) and then cancel the TEP afterwards?

    Could I keep doing this (adding it and taking it off) if something were to happen to my phone later on down the line?

    Thanks!
    -Tim
    TEP would not be available for you if you bought a used phone from ebay. If it was new that's a different story but if you call dont let them know you bought it from an unauthorized dealer.

    If worst comes to worst you could try to find a 3rd party TEP program (they're out there google them)

    I hope this post was insightful

    -intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

    Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

    -intro.
  5. intro's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnkur View Post
    is there any loophole that i can take so that i do not have to have the everything plan with the palm pre. i have unlimited pic/text message, unlimited data, 1000 minutes. i just don't have the title "everything plan." i really want the palm pre but changing to those plans will make my plan be a lot more expensive
    Their are really not many plans that allow activation of the pre w/o the SE plans. TIP: try searching the forum for other users that may have had luck with another plan

    Also if you decide to get the SE plan (i recommend it) try asking a rep if you have any discounts available (where you work, what college you go/went to) etc.

    Their are a lot of discounts out there just have to ask/bug the person you're talking to :-P

    -intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

    Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

    -intro.
  6. #146  
    I have been with Sprint for over 5 years with a spending limit. I upgraded to an everything plan. When asked to be released from the spending limit i was told no because I have been late with my payments a few times. I live from paycheck to paycheck, and if I'm going to be late I will call and ask for an extension till I get paid.I get the extension, but my service has been interrupted a couple of times. Even with that, I would tink my loyalty would have afforded me one concilliation. Is there a way I can get off the spending limit now or at the least get it increased? Otherwise, I have no complaints. My phone service has been excellent, and the small problems I have had have been resolved nicely. Oh, thanks for responding to my question about the Hero earlier.
  7. #147  
    Is it possible to request that a tower's signal be boosted in any way to improve coverage area? I live in a "good" signal area, but have spotty signal at best, with constant switches between little and no service, to roaming. The "best" signal area is just within a hundred feet of me, however.
  8. intro's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Is it possible to request that a tower's signal be boosted in any way to improve coverage area? I live in a "good" signal area, but have spotty signal at best, with constant switches between little and no service, to roaming. The "best" signal area is just within a hundred feet of me, however.
    You can't request that a tower's signal be boosted, however if this is a problem you have at your home you can call Sprint customer care and check about getting an airave, it's a mini tower for your house and you can put on upto 3 lines on 1 airave (even if they're not Sprint lines).

    You can try getting an Airave for free but their will be a monthly service fee.

    thanks,

    -intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

    Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

    -intro.
  9. #149  
    Thanks intro.

    I am not interested in getting an Airave, but thanks for the tip.

    Do you know if/when Sprint posts updates about adding new towers, or upgrading current ones?
  10. #150  
    I have a Palm Pre that I purchased on launch day at Best Buy. I have some oreo twisting issues that seem to be getting much worse as time goes on. I was wandering what my return options are, as is in: Can I return my Pre for a replacement even though it has been over 30 days? If I can return for a replacement, where do I go for a replacement? Back to Best Buy? Or to a Sprint retail store? Will I be able to get a new Palm Pre, or will I get a reconditioned Pre? I will not settle for a phone unless it is defect FREE. Dead pixels-stuck pixels are deal breakers / twisting more than 1.2mm is a deal breaker / light leakage is a deal breaker. Basically anything that I noticed will be intolerable & I will not be happy until I have a near perfect phone. I know the Pre is capable of this because my wife has one and hers is immaculate. So basically those are the questions that I need answered. Thanks in advance :-)
  11. #151  
    Sprint reps -

    I'm going to use my current unused Centro to add another line to my family plan. I'm going to port a number over from ATT.

    1. If I add this line online, does it give me the opportunity to port?

    2. If I go to a corporate store and have them add the line, does the rep get anything for that? I have a good rapport with my local store, and if they benefit from me doing it through them Ill do it through them.

    3. I thought that porting numbers was nearly immediate now. Chatting with Sprint online today, she said that the timeframe for port is 2 to 14 days. Is that really true? I've never actually ported a number.

    Thanks!
  12. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    TEP would not be available for you if you bought a used phone from ebay. If it was new that's a different story but if you call dont let them know you bought it from an unauthorized dealer....
    Actually, this is not accurate. As long as the unit is new to the ACCOUNT then TEP can be added to any device new/used/old/ebay'd. Once TEP is added to the line it stays on there no matter how many times you switch phones. TEP can ONLY be added within the first 30 days after a phone has been activated.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  13. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    I....I was wondering, if something were to happen to my phone could I call and add the TEP, wait a couple of days and then just pay the deductible (I think $100) and then cancel the TEP afterwards?
    No, the TEP can only be added within 30 days of activating the handset. Your best bet for your current issue is take it to a repair center that is familiar with the quirks of the Pre and see if they will simply replace the unit for free under the 1 year Palm warranty (Yes, repair centers will now replace your units as if you had sent it off to Palm even without the TEP protection).

    TEP is excellent for out of warranty replacements and replacing units that are damaged, destroyed or lost. $100 sure beats buying at full price or even ebay prices.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  14. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Is it possible to request that a tower's signal be boosted in any way to improve coverage area? I live in a "good" signal area, but have spotty signal at best, with constant switches between little and no service, to roaming. The "best" signal area is just within a hundred feet of me, however.
    Call tech support. Give them your address and ask that a network tech be sent to your area to check the signal. Hopefully within a few days your signal should improve.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  15. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by peekorooledyou View Post
    I have a Palm Pre that I purchased on launch day at Best Buy. I have some oreo twisting issues that seem to be getting much worse as time goes on. I was wandering what my return options are, as is in: Can I return my Pre for a replacement even though it has been over 30 days? If I can return for a replacement, where do I go for a replacement? Back to Best Buy? Or to a Sprint retail store? Will I be able to get a new Palm Pre, or will I get a reconditioned Pre? I will not settle for a phone unless it is defect FREE. Dead pixels-stuck pixels are deal breakers / twisting more than 1.2mm is a deal breaker / light leakage is a deal breaker. Basically anything that I noticed will be intolerable & I will not be happy until I have a near perfect phone. I know the Pre is capable of this because my wife has one and hers is immaculate. So basically those are the questions that I need answered. Thanks in advance :-)
    After 30 days, Best buy cannot help you unless you purchased their protection plan. A Corporate Store or Authorized Service Center can order you a replacement if they feel the issue is bad enough to warrant replacement. Sprint TEP is not required since a wobbly slider would be covered under the manufacturer warranty. You would get a refurbished unit most likely, but you are welcome to inspect the device before they activate it and if it is not up to your standards refuse the unit and ask them to order another. Even if they activate the device and you notice a issue later you have two weeks for a quick re-order to get another unit.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  16. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIMINATED View Post
    I have been with Sprint for over 5 years with a spending limit......
    Call the credit department and if they don't give you the answer you want, ask to speak to a manager. Just stress that you have been with Sprint a long time and how inconvenient it is to have such a low spending limit for such a high end plan. Chances are good they will either bump up the spending limit or remove it altogether. Be nice and just state your case.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  17. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    Sprint reps -

    I'm going to use my current unused Centro to add another line to my family plan. I'm going to port a number over from ATT......
    1. You may need to goto a Sprint store to port the line from AT&T, I'm not very familiar with the online setup.
    2. Yes, the sales rep should still get a commission from a customer owned phone being activated on a new line.
    3. Generally it takes less than 24 hours depending on how slow AT&T is to release the number from their system. You'll be able to make phone calls almsot immediately with your AT&T number on the Sprint phone, but it maybe take a bit for the incoming calls to start hitting the Sprint phone. In the meantime the incoming calls will continue to go to the AT&T phone until AT&T completes releasing the line. 2-14 days is a worst case scenario and that rep was probably just hedging their bets since they didn't know the details of how ports work.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Call tech support. Give them your address and ask that a network tech be sent to your area to check the signal. Hopefully within a few days your signal should improve.
    Thanks yoshk!

    Is "tech support" different than sprint customer service or retentions?
  19. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #159  
    Yes, technical support is a different department. They are the ones who are supposed to help you with problems on your phone, they do not do anything with plans or billing.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  20. intro's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Actually, this is not accurate. As long as the unit is new to the ACCOUNT then TEP can be added to any device new/used/old/ebay'd. Once TEP is added to the line it stays on there no matter how many times you switch phones. TEP can ONLY be added within the first 30 days after a phone has been activated.
    Thanks for the correction, my apologies to anyone that I mislead
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

    Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

    -intro.
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions