Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Question for you. Is this something you did to protect your credit history?
    Yeeeah, I basically went to a credit monitoring service and made a request that my credit should not be checked by random companies (you know they sell your credit history out to companies). But I guess this ran into a conflict with Sprint of whom I'm actually a customer of. I forget how to disable that request though.

Edit: If I must add, I do have good credit history. My score is well over above average so I thought it was ironic that they're still making me pay up the deposit.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Yoshk, I thank you for your response!

I have one more question related to roaming and GPS usage.

I am on an unlimited all data plan (no voice) from the Sprint Relay Store (Sprint Relay Store - Welcome!). I am deaf so this is why I was eligible for the plan.

If I enter roaming, would I be charged for it?
    If I use the GPS, would I be charged for it?

I ask this because I know that the Everything plan allows for these to be used without charge. But I am not on that specifically titled plan. Any idea here?

Thanks!
    -Yiffzer.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    A representative from the cancellations/retentions department would have told you otherwise.

Now since you are living outside a covered area it is possible to cancel all of your lines with no ETF. Hopefully you'll have the opportunity in the future to come back to Sprint.
    As long as they remove the $77 in MRC fees and cancel the data card ill gladly stay.

I can handle having to use an Airave at home. I get killer service everywhere else. Plus im really happy with the simply everything plan.

So I need to call them in the next week or so....

Thanks again !
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Each time your service is interupted due to non-payment, it will push back the refund by 30 days. Also, the deposit will be applied to your bill at the end of the 12 months unless you call them beforehand and ask them to send it to you by check instead.
    I called and had my deposit amount credited to my account a couple days ago. I have been a Sprint customer for 8 years straight, have excellent credit, and have never missed a payment (because I have automatic payment set up).

It made no sense in my case at all--and thankfully the CS agreed and took care of it.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
    I have a palm 755p. Several of the keys and the center rocker are not working properly. Specifically, I have to press several times for the keys to respond. I have TEP. Several questions:
    1. Will I definitely have to pay $100 replacement fee (the phone is listed new for that amount) ?
    2. What are my chances of getting a Pre or new 755p as replacement. ?
    3. If the answer to both of the above questions is negative, would it make more sense to just buy the Pre (it would only be $99 more for a new Pre)?
    TEP Protects against lost equipment, theft, and accidental damage (including damage due to lightning, physical or liquid damage). It will be a $100 nonn-refundable deductible if your replacement is approved. You wont be able to get a pre as your replacement but I'm sure they will talk to you about one. If you like the pre and you're already set-up or prepared to be on a plan that works out for the Pre why not go for it? it's an amazing phone and I recommend it over the 755p. (that's your call though) hope this helps!

-intro.
    Last edited by intro; 07/21/2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Yoshk, I thank you for your response!

I have one more question related to roaming and GPS usage.

I am on an unlimited all data plan (no voice) from the Sprint Relay Store (Sprint Relay Store - Welcome!). I am deaf so this is why I was eligible for the plan.

I ask this because I know that the Everything plan allows for these to be used without charge. But I am not on that specifically titled plan. Any idea here?

Thanks!
    -Yiffzer.
    I'm not totally sure on this one off the top of my head but I believe that the only thing you can be charged for is phone calls and MMS (sending a picture through texting) If your phone is used to make a call it's .20/minute for local, and .40/long distance. I believe that roaming is included. However, GPS is not included (it's a different package that Sprint offers that the Data pack doesn't have.)

Hope this helps

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.

-intro.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    ...what? MMS is not included? ******. I sent a lot of MMS without realizing that. ******.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post

I have no clue actually. I looked everywhere I could and couldn't find the data/sms roaming rules for the Sprint Relay plan.
    Sprint Relay Store - Data Only Plan
    I'd contact Sprint Relay directly for your questions. I actually had a customer come into my store a few days ago to get this same setup with his new Blackberry, so I had planned on contacting the Sprint Relay department myself with some questions anyhow. If I turn up any good info, I'll be sure to post it.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    any word about evdo in mississippi?
    Just want to say thanks.

Sprint cancelled the Data Card plan. No ETF.

It was a long fight, but thanks to your advice I walked out Ahead.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    Just want to say thanks.

Sprint cancelled the Data Card plan. No ETF.

It was a long fight, but thanks to your advice I walked out Ahead.
    Congratulations it's great to see that this thread is working out for many people!

-intro.
    --

-intro.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am an avid reader of these forums but not a poster. If I have a problem or question I tend to review the forums and I find that the issue has already been covered (no need to post). That said, I just wanted to drop in here to offer "THANKS!" to Stuntingace, Yosh and Intro for taking your personal time to come here and address our issues. It speaks volumes about your professionalism.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I'm needing some advice and you guys have been helpful so far so I figured I would post my dilemma.

I am currently on my parents phone plan and am needing to break off to start paying for my own line.

I need to do a transfer of liability from my parents plan to create my own. I would like to take advantage of my corp discount at the same time.

My questions are:
    Are Everything Plus Referral Program plans eligible for a corp discount on top of the savings?
    * I think the answer is No they will not stack so if my discount is better than the discount offered I should go with a regular plan and add the corp discount. Please confirm.

If for whatever reason I open up my new account NOT under the EPRP program and my account discount stops working can I later switch my phone to the EPRP plan?
    * I would rather start on the EPRP plan if there was any chance that my employee rate will not work down the road.
    Hey guys, can you please answer my question in the following post?

Remove space --> http: //forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/194496-buy-sprint-store-radio-shack.html
    (the form doesn't let me post URL because I have only posted twice so far)

...and you will also get there

Having all questions in this single post is a little hard to read

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    hi,

i have had my pre for a month and like it alot. just started playing with sprint tv. is there a way to get all of the premium channels without subscribing individually to each one. thanks
    Question.

I am going to upgrade to the pre. What is the difference between the 900 everything plan, and the 1000 business plan? The price for both is 89.99. So, whats the catch with the business plan? Will that take away my 25% discount corporate?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s140 View Post
    ....I am going to upgrade to the pre. What is the difference between the 900 everything plan, and the 1000 business plan? The price for both is 89.99. So, whats the catch with the business plan? Will that take away my 25% discount corporate? Thanks.
    I think you're referring to the Business Essentials 1000 with data and text? Looks like they just added the version with data and text, I hadn't seen that one before. Assuming you have a Individual Liable Business account or a Corporate Liable Business account there isn't any reason why you can't use that plan.
    You might consider paying the extra $10 a month for the Simply Everything Unlimited plan.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoa2000 View Post
    ....i have had my pre for a month and like it alot. just started playing with sprint tv. is there a way to get all of the premium channels without subscribing individually to each one. thanks
    Afraid not, as far as I know there is no plan to get all the subscriber channels in one package.
    I think you're referring to the Business Essentials 1000 with data and text? Looks like they just added the version with data and text, I hadn't seen that one before. Assuming you have a Individual Liable Business account or a Corporate Liable Business account there isn't any reason why you can't use that plan.
    You might consider paying the extra $10 a month for the Simply Everything Unlimited plan.
    Yes that is the one. When I went to swap the ESN online it asks me to pick a new plan. It offered me Business and Individual. I am not on any business or corporate plan, I just have my Free and Clear 1000 from 2005. I dont need the everything plan as I use about 900 minutes a month.

I didnt want to use the business if its going to give issues. Will it? Will that change my account over to business services? That would remove my discount, maybe?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richaoj View Post
    any word about evdo in mississippi?
    Sorry, but I've never found a good resource for accurate information regarding network expansion.
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast