Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I currently have two SERO 500 plans with a few extra perks that have been added over the years...i.e. 6pm nights and weekends, Airave and corp discount. Last week I added a new line to my account to try out the Pre for 30 days to see if I like it....and I do. My question, can I convert my two SERO lines into one plan, the EPRP family share (1800 minutes for $109), keep a few of those perks and cancel the third line without major issues?
    first off, this thread is great! i just discovered it! Way to go sprint.
    I love my pre, but I hate crawling on the 1xrtt network. Any idea when evdo is going to be deployed in mississippi. The sprint store told me in november, and it was one of the reasons i switched from ATT--the promise that soon the data network would match or beat the 3g speeds from ATT. Is that november date accurate?

Thanks!
    Isn't there a Sprint Loyalty discount (5%) that will stack on top of a current corporate discount? If so, how would you go about getting that?

My current corporate discount is 21% - 26% would be better...

thanks,
    Brian
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    Isn't there a Sprint Loyalty discount (5%) that will stack on top of a current corporate discount? If so, how would you go about getting that?.......
    Never heard of it specifically but I don't doubt high tier customer service or retentions can add on any sort of discounts they like. I wouldn't doubt people have received a discount like that. Who knows? Call customer service and ask for a additional discount for being a loyal Sprint customer. All they can do is say no.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I love the Pre! It's my first true "smart Phone" and I couldn't be happier. I've had it for 3 weeks now and grow more attached to it every day. But... there is one thing, and one thing only, that is really starting to bug me! Perhaps one of you geniuses may have an answer. If I miss a call, I have to pick the phone up and touch the On button to check. There is no external LED light blinking or anything. Is there some kind of work around that I donít know of? SOS!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Nope! Enjoy your new phone!
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    Isn't there a Sprint Loyalty discount (5%) that will stack on top of a current corporate discount? If so, how would you go about getting that?

My current corporate discount is 21% - 26% would be better...

thanks,
    Brian

you're correct however the loyalty discount can only be added once in a blue moon it's not really something that is a monthly discount. If you place a big order, or if you're bill is high retentions can give you it to help the cost, etc.

PS: i work at a sprint store in san antonio :P
    its good to see someone from SA on the forum
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I just found out by looking at my bill that my primary employer discount rate was reduced this month from 20% to 15% and am kind of bummed about it.

Is there a current list of rates for employee discounts available anywhere? I've searched and can't find one.

I just got off the phone with a very nice, English as a second language Sprint service rep who I think misunderstood my question about my credit bureau or credit card company relationship perhaps being a better option for my discount rate.

He did apparently apply a credit to my account--which I didn't entirely understand but am thrilled with--but I really wanted to know about what the best discount rate would be best for me on a monthly basis, so I finally just let it go and decided to try to find an answer online.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
    Last edited by srfcrzy; 07/17/2009 at 07:07 AM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Should I just call CS about my question @ the top of the page?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwze View Post
    I currently have two SERO 500 plans with a few extra perks that have been added over the years...i.e. 6pm nights and weekends, Airave and corp discount. Last week I added a new line to my account to try out the Pre for 30 days to see if I like it....and I do. My question, can I convert my two SERO lines into one plan, the EPRP family share (1800 minutes for $109), keep a few of those perks and cancel the third line without major issues?
    sero can be converted, you could keep the perks and cancel the line. (it sounds like you have been a customer for awhile)
    anythings possible i suggest you give CS a call and talk with them about it until you can get something hammered out to your liking.

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.

-intro.
    I have a palm 755p. Several of the keys and the center rocker are not working properly. Specifically, I have to press several times for the keys to respond. I have TEP. Several questions:
    1. Will I definately have to pay $100 replacement fee (the phone is listed new for that amount) ?
    2. What are my chances of getting a Pre or new 755p as replacement. ?
    3. If the answer to both of the above questions is negative, would it make more sense to just buy the Pre (it would only be $99 more for a new Pre)?
    Wondering if you have any words of wisdom on a next step to this mess...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-me-sigh.html

It had been my intention to consolidate all of my cell service under Sprint, but the past week has left a sour taste in my mouth and feeling I should be heading for Verizon instead.

Frankly, there's nothing coming down the pike by way of new Sprint phones that really interests me, so if I can't have Pre... why stay?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krusenkevin View Post
    Wondering if you have any words of wisdom on a next step to this mess...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-me-sigh.html

It had been my intention to consolidate all of my cell service under Sprint, but the past week has left a sour taste in my mouth and feeling I should be heading for Verizon instead.

Frankly, there's nothing coming down the pike by way of new Sprint phones that really interests me, so if I can't have Pre... why stay?
    i know how you feel(i read the post you linked us to)...You can always try taking it to another store. as far as the problems you are having the reps do have to replicate the problem in order for an exchange to take place. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GET A REFURB. that's not policy, that's up to the store normally what they call a managers call. My advice is to take it to another store be friendly with the rep if all else fails ask for the manager and show them the problem. It's the managers call if they try to give you a refurbished device (they most likely will) ask for a new one, if they have them in stock (more than a few) and the manager has seen the problem they shouldn't have a problem giving you a new one.
    remember you are the customer and good customer feedback is what a store needs. if the manager refuses to give you a new one ask for their ID and make a complaint if you see fit. Since you're problems do interfere with the use of the phone make that known.

i hope this helps if you need anymore insight PM me and i may be able to further help you out.

thanks,

-intro.
    --

-intro.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Any info about corporate discounts (see above)?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Hello,

A simple question: I am a new customer at Sprint and when buying my Palm Pre, I was required to deposit $150 because it didn't meet Sprint's credit requirement (it actually denied Sprint from checking my credit history). Sprint said that this $150 is refundable when I make good payments for 12 months. My concern is that if I miss one payment and/or was late by a day, does this mean I lose all my $150? What are the details relating to this?

Thanks,
    Yiffzer
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    ....(it actually denied Sprint from checking my credit history)....
    Question for you. Is this something you did to protect your credit history?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    Is there a current list of rates for employee discounts available anywhere? I've searched and can't find one....
    Not that I'm aware of. Stores and CS have access to a database, but it's not publicly posted as far as I know.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    I was required to deposit $150 because it didn't meet Sprint's credit requirement (it actually denied Sprint from checking my credit history). Sprint said that this $150 is refundable when I make good payments for 12 months. My concern is that if I miss one payment and/or was late by a day, does this mean I lose all my $150?
    Each time your service is interupted due to non-payment, it will push back the refund by 30 days. Also, the deposit will be applied to your bill at the end of the 12 months unless you call them beforehand and ask them to send it to you by check instead.
    Intro do you have any insight on my question about 7 post up? I hope you can point me in the right direction. Thanks
    I went into my Sprint corporate store on Friday, the 17th, to get the issue of replacements resolved. There has been several stories on the forum and I have heard several more about how they are handled. Sprint (remember it's a Sprint plan ...) has CHANGED their policy about how this is handled. If you have PHYSICAL DAMAGE, you must use the insurance policy with a $100 deductible (for Pre) for a replacement. If the phone has a defect in software or hardware, then they will replace the phone, although this is still a little vague. I have had many Treos replaced in the past due to physical damage with no questions. But the new policy has apparently been re-communicated to the stores/repair centers recently. IMHO you may want to approach the stores with a "technical" problem and pester them until they replace it (and there are plenty of those!) ... gww