Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    its prob some form of solisitation....no harm to be done by answering it tho. not like its going to be a virus or something. prob animated and not even a person...
    My concern was it was one of those over seas deals, and if I answered it, it would cost me. Never happened until those dates. Guess i'll see how long it keeps up. That or take a chance and answer and see what I get.
  2.    #82  
    worst case you answer it and if it seems fishy hang up right? your right though i didnt think about n e of those scams. you could always give customer support a call n see what they know about it or if they can do n e thing about it
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
    worst case you answer it and if it seems fishy hang up right? your right though i didnt think about n e of those scams. you could always give customer support a call n see what they know about it or if they can do n e thing about it
    Just happened again, but ignored it. I'll answer it next time though. I did however manage to notice that on the caller ID it appears to be from my state. Not sure if that means anything, but at least it pops that up.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    What is Sprint's official policy regarding corporate/organizational discounts? I've read some who have been turned down, with the reason being it's for new customers only. And other who say they've added them as existing customers.

I ask b/c I will soon be an Alliant Credit Union member and want to ensure that my discount is added to my plan. What's the best method? Going to the store? Calling customer service? What do I need to have ready? ATM card? Bank statement? Thanks in advance.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    What is Sprint's official policy regarding corporate/organizational discounts? I've read some who have been turned down, with the reason being it's for new customers only. And other who say they've added them as existing customers.

I ask b/c I will soon be an Alliant Credit Union member and want to ensure that my discount is added to my plan. What's the best method? Going to the store? Calling customer service? What do I need to have ready? ATM card? Bank statement? Thanks in advance.
    as far as being rejected....that makes no sense to me. i have never had a customer get declined on a corp discount. its for any and all customers be it new or existing.

you just need to bring proff of whatever discount your trying to get applied, so if its cuz you workd for UPS then bring a pay stub. If its for the credit union discount then bring in a banking card, atm card, checkbook, bank statement.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Just wanted to thank all you guys out there for asking Yosh, stuntingace, and Iquestions. you guys are giving me a fun topic to discuss and brush up on my knowledge.

thanks again and keep the questions coming!

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I'm trying to get a Palm Pre replacement sent to me via the mail. Who is the best department to talk to and are there any special "terms" I should say?

Thanks in advance!
    So I had an old grandfathered family plan with 4 lines. I had unlimited data on 2 of my lines. I spoke with a telesales supervisor who worked out a new plan for me that wouldnt raise my cost by too much. Instead of changing the plan right then and there, he made a note on the account and said I should go check out the pre in person before committing to the change. I went and saw the phone, liked it and wanted it, so I called back. The agent said she saw the note, and changed my plan, quoting me the same price.

I went and bought the phone in store and had it activated. Now 2 weeks later while looking at my plan online for another issue, I saw that my plan was going to be more than triple the quoted price. I called back angry, they say they can see what I was quoted, but cannot honor the price. I then asked about switching back to my old plan -- I am still within 30 days (which still makes me mad, because I bought my accessories online and would be out the cost of my 2 touchstones and charging cables). I was then informed that my old plan was gone with no way to get it back.

After HOURS on the phone, I was offered a plan that will cost me an extra 15 dollars a month over what I was quoted. It involves breaking my phone into a 450 simply everything plan, and leaving the other 3 phones on a family plan. The annoyance is that now I cannot upgrade the 2nd phone with unlimited data in September when that contract is up (under the original quote, both lines were on Pre-friendly plans).

I might go for it if I didnt feel this was just a 1 year temporary fix. It seems like all of their new phones are going to start requiring everything data plans, so in a year I am going to need to redo my plan again.

Are they allowed to quote me one price, acknowledge that it is documented in my account, not honor the price, and not be able to re-issue my old plan? This just does not seem like it should be allowed. Now on top of it all, I mentioned that I was thinking of cancelling and was reminded that I will have a $480 cancellation fee. Do I have any options here?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieck View Post
    I'm trying to get a Palm Pre replacement sent to me via the mail. Who is the best department to talk to and are there any special "terms" I should say?

Thanks in advance!

The term you are looking for is "Advance Exchange", either Tech support or customer service can do the AE though many times they will simply start a ticket so that you have to visit a repair center to do the actual AE order. Your exact issue with the phone can make a difference.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haloswin2002 View Post
    So I had an old grandfathered family plan with 4 lines. I had unlimited data on 2 of my lines. I spoke with a telesales supervisor....
    I'm sorry to hear you had these problems with your plan, and you were mislead by a tele-sales representative.

Here's the problem: YES, tele-sales will tell you ANYTHING to make a sale, and they cannot be held accountable for anything they say. As you will see in many other threads I have posted on, I always advise people to never, ever, EVER listen to tele-sales. You should have asked the sales people at the local Sprint store if the plan you were told about was going to work for you and your Pre, I mean you were in the store looking at the phone anyway.

Since you say the monthly charge is triple what you were told, I can only assume the plan you were switched to was at least $179 (1500 minutes) plus insurance and taxes or perhaps $210 (3000 minutes). If they offered you a plan for about $60-70 for four lines with the data and such, anyone in any store would have told you that price is impossible with current plan configurations.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i have never had sprint but looking to switch and trying to find the sprint's family plan choices...i looked at the website but all they have is simply everything and everything plan for individuals and families..i would like to have 2 lines with just one pre other any regular phone, isn't there any plan like this or u have to pay $129.99 as a family plan?
    thx
  12.    #92  
    you could do a mixture of 2 individual plans like and everything messaging 450, which is unlimited text and pic messaging, and 450 mins. and the pre line would have one of 3 plans. everything data 450, 900, or simply everything. in the end its cheaper to get the everything shared 1500 for 129.99 tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    Here should be an easy one to answer.

I purchased a USB Data Stick for Internet access a month after they came out.

I used the service for about 3-4 months. Then I put it on standby due to getting home internet service.

A few weeks later I read that they put a cap on the data plans for 5GB/ a month. When I signed up for the plan it was unlimited data.

I was told because they made a change to the plan after I signed up for it, I am able to cancel the data plan without an ETF.

Is this correct ?
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Yes, due to the change in the policy, customers who signed up before the change can end their contract with no ETF

I hopped on chat w/ a rep and they told me since I didn't do it within 30days of the plan change I cant cancel ???

I told the person I was never made aware of the change until a sprint store rep(one here in vegas) told me I could do it. The person stated that the information was made "available" so now I cant cancel that line w/o ETF ?

Ive moved since purchasing the plan, to a low non-EVDO signal area so even if the device was on, It wouldnt even work at decent speed. Hell I have to have an Airave to even get calls. Plus they charged me some weird fees for this acct on standby, $77 worth to be exact. So im thinking its time to write an email to executive services.
    no you cant add packages to existing plans however you could look into what kind of discounts your eligable for. something like being a credit union member gets u 10% off your monthly bill and waives your activation fees. so on the 450 everything data plan it makes it $63. plus waives the 18 dollar upgrade fee for existing customers and the $36 activation fee for new lines/customers. another thing to look at is if your job qualifies you for a corp discount from 5%-27% monthly.
    We're currently getting a discount because my wife's a teacher (I think it's 15%.) Is the credit for being a credit union member on top of this discount? When we added the discount we were both eligible for one since she's a teacher and I work at an electricity co-op but they said they could only apply one of them to the account and gave us the higher of the two. Is it the same with the CU discount; since we already get a discount we aren't eligible for this one?
    I'm thinking about getting the Pre, and I know this is a Pre forum, but I would really love to get the HTC Hero. Have you heard anything about it coming to Sprint like the rumors say? Any way you could find out?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIMINATED View Post
    I'm thinking about getting the Pre, and I know this is a Pre forum, but I would really love to get the HTC Hero. Have you heard anything about it coming to Sprint like the rumors say? Any way you could find out?
    There is no word yet about Sprint getting the Hero.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    We're currently getting a discount because my wife's a teacher (I think it's 15%.) Is the credit for being a credit union member on top of this discount? When we added the discount we were both eligible for one since she's a teacher and I work at an electricity co-op but they said they could only apply one of them to the account and gave us the higher of the two. Is it the same with the CU discount; since we already get a discount we aren't eligible for this one?
    No, discounts do not stack.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    .....Ive moved since purchasing the plan, to a low non-EVDO signal area so even if the device was on, It wouldnt even work at decent speed. Hell I have to have an Airave to even get calls. Plus they charged me some weird fees for this acct on standby, $77 worth to be exact. So im thinking its time to write an email to executive services.
    A representative from the cancellations/retentions department would have told you otherwise.

Now since you are living outside a covered area it is possible to cancel all of your lines with no ETF. Hopefully you'll have the opportunity in the future to come back to Sprint.
    I terminated my contract with Verizon a few weeks ago to switch to Sprint. the sprint reps I talked to said my porting my number over, the VZW account would be canceled. I know I'll have an early termination fee from Vzw, I just don't know where it is or how i pay it. Will they send me a bill or something? I'm just getting nervous b/c it's been a few weeks and I don't want to get screwed over because I haven't paid it yet. Any help you guys could offer would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foofhgter View Post
    I terminated my contract with Verizon a few weeks ago to switch to Sprint......
    You should receive the ETF and other final charges in your monthly bill from VZW.
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast