Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Are there some phones that tend to have stronger/better antennas than others?
    First, I guess I should say this is more of a hardware than a service issue, and I apologize in advance if I'm wasting your time with an issue like this.

Does sprint offer anything in the way of a way of a cable for the sprint palm treo 700wx which allows for com port functionality? (through usb-serial-phone conversion or direct serial-phone connection as opposed to the standard usb-phone activesynch cable) I have an original activesynch cradle, but it doesn't give full functionality. actually, of interest, but no particular relevance, when I checked out the sprint accessory site for the phone I didn't even see activesynch cables or replacement cradles available.

I have a feeling that if the website doesn't show it, yall don't have it, but figured maybe I'd get lucky if I asked...or maybe if you may know what kind of cable you guys would use if a customer wandered in for reprovisioning or repair with one of these phones....and I guess, if they are available commercially anywhere?

Thanks.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by bb423 View Post
    Are there some phones that tend to have stronger/better antennas than others?

from my personal experience yes, however i couldnt tell you specifically what phones are the best....the instinct is known for having some not quite so gooe reception, and the blackberries have some pretty good sig strength normally.
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    yeah yoshk, i tried pming you but cant cause i dont have enough posts. what would be the best way to contact palm. my pre cracked today with it just sitting on the ground. there is NO damage what so ever to it and my repair center said it doesnt matter its an insurance thing. so before i spend 100 deductable i will try through palm. do i just contact them through their website or is there a certain email i should use. thanks
    yoshk - You said in the cracked screen thread that via telephone, sprint acknowledged the issue with cracked screens and authorized replacement.

Can you elaborate? Was this something official? Was there something other than a phone call?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    We were told about the cracked touchscreen thing in a call with our district repair rep, but haven't received anything official by email yet.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Not knowing how active this thread is as far as responses go I am going to make a post in here as well as a new thread.. Depending on the response a mod may feel free to delete one or the other..

I recently returned and canceled my contract with Sprint last Friday (7-3-09) and the phone charge was returned to my credit card. My question is how long will it take for the credit to show back up on my card? It's monday now and I have not seen it show up on my online statement as of now. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    We were told about the cracked touchscreen thing in a call with our district repair rep, but haven't received anything official by email yet.

What do you suggest people do that have the cracked screen issue, and are flatly refused replacement by their Sprint store under any circumstance?

Typically, they get the "all cracked screens are physical damage" statement and nothing more.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    What do you suggest people do that have the cracked screen issue, and are flatly refused replacement by their Sprint store under any circumstance?

Typically, they get the "all cracked screens are physical damage" statement and nothing more.
    1. try more and more stores if you can corporate stores are always the best to way to find a replacement.

2. bug the reps, and when you talk with them tell them about other hardware issues the pre has been having that are known to them (like the slider crash issues, etc.) the phone issues are starting to become known to palm so they have been sending a palm advocate to our store once a week to help us deal with issues. but for exchanging the phone that is cracked bug them, it depends on the rep for the most part

3. all else fails contact palm

MAKE THE ISSUE KNOWN BEFORE YOU'RE 30 day.

Even if you have insurance it's always best to play it safe and look like a responsible, caring customer.

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshH37 View Post
    Not knowing how active this thread is as far as responses go I am going to make a post in here as well as a new thread.. Depending on the response a mod may feel free to delete one or the other..

I recently returned and canceled my contract with Sprint last Friday (7-3-09) and the phone charge was returned to my credit card. My question is how long will it take for the credit to show back up on my card? It's monday now and I have not seen it show up on my online statement as of now. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Normally with all things going your way and on track the process should go as follows:

You’ll get the amount you paid for the device at the point and date of purchase plus any taxes. Your refund excludes any instant discounts received at purchase or charges for shipping or deposit.

If you billed to your account, Sprint will credit the amount back to that same account within 30 days after you return the phone to a Sprint store or mailed it to a warehouse. Your credit may take up to 1 or 2 billing periods to appear on your account. Deposit refunds are processed after the return is completed and take up to 2 billing periods after the device has been returned.

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.

-intro.
    As time goes on, my slider becomes more and more loose. At the moment, I can easily slide the width of a penny all the way down the left side of my pre. That is prett much the only thing wrong.

My problem is this: I have the phone just the way that I want it and I already paid to have the invisible shield put on it. Can I just take it to a store and have them fix it instead of exchanging it or is it advantageous to just bite the bullet on this one and go ahead and swap it out? Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I have been with sprint since it was sprint spectrum and have had the same rate plan. is there any way to persuade sprint to allow me to keep my plan when I get my new pre?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphillswimmer View Post
    As time goes on, my slider becomes more and more loose. At the moment, I can easily slide the width of a penny all the way down the left side of my pre. That is prett much the only thing wrong.

My problem is this: I have the phone just the way that I want it and I already paid to have the invisible shield put on it. Can I just take it to a store and have them fix it instead of exchanging it or is it advantageous to just bite the bullet on this one and go ahead and swap it out? Thanks for your help.
    The problem that you have is one that can be fixed DIY, as of right now my store still isnt doing repairs on phones except when we have our palm advocate in the store. But yes, you can have this repaired instead of replacing the entire phone

-intro.
    --

-intro.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    I have been with sprint since it was sprint spectrum and have had the same rate plan. is there any way to persuade sprint to allow me to keep my plan when I get my new pre?
    No, the Pre can only be activated on a SE (Simply Everything) plan.

-intro.
    --

-intro.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    How does the 30 day evaluation period work if you are switching carriers and porting a number? I have heard that after porting a number to Sprint, if I decide the Pre isn't for me within the 30 day period, that I wouldn't be able to port my number back to the original carrier. I'd have to get a brand new phone number when I go back to AT&T. Is this true?
    I have a question for you...

I am about ready to get a new phone. If I get the Pre, I know I have to get the SE plan.

Now what about the new Tour? Will I have to get that plan as well?

The reason I ask is I have the old SERO F&F plan and have the following, PLUS 23% off that they kept on there maybe by accident. My WHOLE PLAN including tax for my next bill is $27.05

* Sprint Fair & Flex
    * Caller ID
    * Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    * Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * Voicemail
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (pcs to Pcs)

Monthly charge for service plan
    $0.00
    Plan add-ons

* EVDO Casual Included
    * Nights and weekends starting at 7pm Included
    * 23+ Month RLOF Eligibility Included
    * Unlimited Text Messaging Included
    * Calling Line ID Restriction Included
    * Sprint EMP Referral FF 500 30.00
    * PCS PICTURE MAIL Included

Obviously that isn't going to happen with the Pre. Blackberry, I dont know.

If it doesn't work with the Blackberry, then would there be a newer phone I could use?

If not, what are my options to get the BEST discount compared to what I have now? I dont know how much I can work with CSRs to get the best deal, but i'd like to know options. Also too, the SE seems to be 450 min and I have 500, so they'd have to work with me on that. Cause I'm not paying more for less.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    I have a question for you...

I am about ready to get a new phone. If I get the Pre, I know I have to get the SE plan.

Now what about the new Tour? Will I have to get that plan as well?

The reason I ask is I have the old SERO F&F plan and have the following, PLUS 23% off that they kept on there maybe by accident. My WHOLE PLAN including tax for my next bill is $27.05

* Sprint Fair & Flex
    * Caller ID
    * Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    * Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * Voicemail
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (pcs to Pcs)

Monthly charge for service plan
    $0.00
    Plan add-ons

* EVDO Casual Included
    * Nights and weekends starting at 7pm Included
    * 23+ Month RLOF Eligibility Included
    * Unlimited Text Messaging Included
    * Calling Line ID Restriction Included
    * Sprint EMP Referral FF 500 30.00
    * PCS PICTURE MAIL Included

Obviously that isn't going to happen with the Pre. Blackberry, I dont know.

If it doesn't work with the Blackberry, then would there be a newer phone I could use?

If not, what are my options to get the BEST discount compared to what I have now? I dont know how much I can work with CSRs to get the best deal, but i'd like to know options. Also too, the SE seems to be 450 min and I have 500, so they'd have to work with me on that. Cause I'm not paying more for less.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys!
    the blackberry devices do not need a SE plan, however you will need to include the BB Mail/internet service for the phone. i believe it is listed as the Sprint Power Vision BlackBerry pack it's $30/month. It sounds like your account is older so you might be able to talk with a rep to see about a discount on your current power packs (PCS Picture Mail) and you may be elgible for a discount. If not and you are still going to get the plan maybe call customer service (*2) and talk to retentions about a discount.

-intro.
    --

-intro.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by napes22 View Post
    How does the 30 day evaluation period work if you are switching carriers and porting a number? I have heard that after porting a number to Sprint, if I decide the Pre isn't for me within the 30 day period, that I wouldn't be able to port my number back to the original carrier. I'd have to get a brand new phone number when I go back to AT&T. Is this true?
    No, you will still be able to port your number back to AT&T.

-intro.
    --

-intro.
    I do have another question I just thought of, and maybe you cant answer this, but the past 2 weeks, I have been getting calls from a 5 digit # and it seems to be in the morning. It will actually ring, and on the caller ID, it shows 5 digits only.

06/24: 9:21am (number 91206)
    06/25: 1:19pm (number 91206)
    07/02: 9:10am (number 91206)
    07/06: 10:24am (number 90211)
    07/07: 8:26am (number 91206)
    07/08: 8:51am (number 91206)

As you see, they are all the same 5 digit # except the 90211. I never answer them for fear what may happen if it connects. Do you have any idea what they are, or where I could find info on those numbers, and if there is anything I can do about it if it keeps up? Or should I answer to see what the heck it is?

Thanks!
  20.    #80  
    its prob some form of solisitation....no harm to be done by answering it tho. not like its going to be a virus or something. prob animated and not even a person...
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast