Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I have a question for a Sprint Rep. I just helped a friend get a used Sprint Pixi for his daughter and one to replace his wifes BB. The Daughters phone is an add on to their original 2 phone plan that they have had for about a year.

My friend was told that he would be required to sign up for a 2 year contract for this phone. Is this normal. I ask because it is a used phone and he wanted to be able to close the plan if his daughter did not handle the responsibly (first phone).
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I have a question for a Sprint Rep. I just helped a friend get a used Sprint Pixi for his daughter and one to replace his wifes BB. The Daughters phone is an add on to their original 2 phone plan that they have had for about a year.

My friend was told that he would be required to sign up for a 2 year contract....
    Yes. Sprint is a contract only carrier even if you bring your own device.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cordell View Post
    I have a question for the sprint rep, please. I opened a account with sprint in late 1998. I kept my account up to date and never closed it, when sprint and nextel became one I did try nextel for 3 or 4 years I believe. In late 2006 I went back to sprint cell service only, no chirp. My account has never been closed and this is all under the same SSN# but when I talk to a agent via chat about the new premier he stated that I have only been with sprint since nov. 2006....
    Great question. If you were a Nextel customer it should show in the system, but it's possible that when they did your account changeover from Nextel to Sprint your account basically got remade in the new computer system. Some nextel accounts in certain markets couldn't be easily changed and basically had to be re-created.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have a question for a Sprint rep. I bought a Verizon Pre + on Ebay and I sent my wife's deactivated (upgraded to an Epic) Pre minus to WebOS World to be plussed. I just got it back, and I can't get it activated on Sprint's network because it won't pick up a data connection. Is there any way for me to get this phone activated and swap it onto my line? I called Sprint and went into a Repair Center, and at both places they said it doesn't show up in their system (based on HEX number, the Verizon Pre+ doesn't have a DEC number on the back, just a HEX number) and that I can't activate it through them. The Repair Center rep did say that I might be able to do it through a third party like a store that can activate Boost phones. Please let me know if this is something that can be done or if I'll have to franken my own pre minus into the Verizon body to get this to work.
    Best bet is to email WebOSWorld the ESN is not the same as the Verizon sticker its the ESN from the old phone. They are a great team and were helpful to me when I switched my Pre to a VZ Pre+
    I have a question about short code texting. I send a text to survey questions each night when I watch two different news shows on MSNBC. Suddenly in April, my text won't go through and I get a response back stating, "This service is not available to Sprint Nextel subscribers; please call sprint Nextel customer support (1-888-211-4727) for more information."
    I've called twice, but no-one has been able to rectify this. My contract is up in June. Has Sprint changed short coding so that Sprint is trying to charge the receiver of the text or something that would have the site to simply stop accepting text from Sprint subscribers?
    If I had to guess, I'd say it's the same reason ESPN dropped Sprint from their alert service. Sprint raised their rates for text messaging for business purposes. So yes, MSNBC (or whomever handles their texts) probably decided they did not want to pay the increased rate and dropped Sprint. Bit of a stink over it, since apparently Sprint gets to decide whom they consider to be a business and who isn't. Facebook and Twitter don't have to pay anything, for example.

http://themicc.org/2011/03/sprint-te...ike-announced/

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...ed-sprint.html
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say it's the same reason ESPN dropped Sprint from their alert service. Sprint raised their rates for text messaging for business purposes. So yes, MSNBC (or whomever handles their texts) probably decided they did not want to pay the increased rate and dropped Sprint. Bit of a stink over it, since apparently Sprint gets to decide whom they consider to be a business and who isn't. Facebook and Twitter don't have to pay anything, for example.

Sprint text message rate hike announced | Mobile Internet Content Coalition (MICC)

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...ed-sprint.html
    Thanks you're right. After my 4th to 5th time calling Sprint, tonight's rep looked up the number and gave me shortcode's support e-mail address. This is what the support sent back"Sprint has started charging MSNBC for sending and receiving standard rated text messages to/from you which you have already paid for. Therefore, MSNBC has decided they are no longer going to support Sprint. You can see a statement by Sprint (and the customer reaction) regarding ESPN who has made the same decision as MSNBC here Sprint Community: Announcements: Sprint Statement Regarding ESPN Alerts. We apologize for the inconvenience and recommend you take this matter up with Sprint at 1-888-211-4727 for resolution."

Personally, I would prefer to pay $5 more per month than to give up Weather alerts, news alerts, stock alerts, etc. This stinks. I'll be double checking with Verizon and websites to see if they have this same issue. It's $100 more per month with my family of four, but I was paying it before I came to Sprint, I can start back for the convenience.
    So I just received a notice in the mail from Sprint that my "Total Equipment Protection" program will be increasing from $7.00/month to $8.00/month.

Is it fair to say this is a perfect opportunity to split from Sprint without an early termination fee due to a material breach of contract? The new pricing becomes effective 7/24/2011... I'm thinking this is plenty of time (hopefully) to find out where the Pre3 is going before I separate...
    - AA
    Good question, AAHill. I was about to ask the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAHill View Post
    So I just received a notice in the mail from Sprint that my "Total Equipment Protection" program will be increasing from $7.00/month to $8.00/month.

Is it fair to say this is a perfect opportunity to split from Sprint without an early termination fee due to a material breach of contract? The new pricing becomes effective 7/24/2011... I'm thinking this is plenty of time (hopefully) to find out where the Pre3 is going before I separate...
    I want to land wherever the Pre 3 ends up so I'll be looking for my little postcard!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

A change in TEP pricing is not a breach in contract, since TEP is technically not provided by Sprint. Sprint collects the money for TEP as a convenience to you, but the money is actually paid to other companies: Asurion Warranty Protection Services LLC provides the extended warranty coverage, and Continental Casualty Company (administered by Asurion Protection Services LLC) provides the insurance. If Asurion or Continental decides they want to increase their rates, it does not change the terms of service you agreed upon with Sprint, as Sprint only agreed to send your money to those companies. You have the right to cancel TEP at any time without penalty, but this does not provide grounds for leaving your contract with Sprint without paying an early termination fee.

Most people probably do not realize that you do not have to buy the insurance offered through Sprint in order to cover your phone. You can shop around and possibly find a better deal. For example, for a smartphone worth up to $400, Squaretrade offers 2 years of coverage for $99 with a $50 deductible. That's $50 less on the deductible and about $4.17 a month. For a phone worth up to $600, it's $1 more a month. Squaretrade's coverage provides extended warranty protection and accidental damage protection, including water damage. It does not, however, provide protection against theft or loss.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAHill View Post

I got the same mailer, it says you can download an app. When I went to the webpage, no WebOS version. Not what I would call encouraging regarding Sprint's future plans for Pre 3. Especially since, I beileve Verizon has a WebOS version for their TEP, which is also Asurion, right?
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ariesemac View Post
    I have a question for a Sprint rep. I bought a Verizon Pre + on Ebay and I sent my wife's deactivated (upgraded to an Epic) Pre minus to WebOS World to be plussed. I just got it back, and I can't get it activated on Sprint's network because it won't pick up a data connection. Is there any way for me to get this phone activated and swap it onto my line?....
    The "plussed" Pre will have the same DEC/HEX as your old Sprint Pre had. Ignore the Hex that is on the back of the device since that is the Verizon serial number and cannot be used with Sprint. Ignore the ***** who said that a Boost location can activate it. You need to contact WebOS if you don't have your old DEC/HEX information since hopefully they document all serial numbers they work on. Also make sure to read any instructions they gave you about activation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariesemac View Post
    I have a question for a Sprint rep. I bought a Verizon Pre + on Ebay and I sent my wife's deactivated (upgraded to an Epic) Pre minus to WebOS World to be plussed. I just got it back, and I can't get it activated on Sprint's network because it won't pick up a data connection. Is there any way for me to get this phone activated and swap it onto my line? I called Sprint and went into a Repair Center, and at both places they said it doesn't show up in their system (based on HEX number, the Verizon Pre+ doesn't have a DEC number on the back, just a HEX number) and that I can't activate it through them. The Repair Center rep did say that I might be able to do it through a third party like a store that can activate Boost phones. Please let me know if this is something that can be done or if I'll have to franken my own pre minus into the Verizon body to get this to work.

def read the conversion instructions thoro. Make sure you see a EV symbol at the top of the device, as well as you put in the correct DEC number when activating. I myself went online and click bought a new phone, and swap my phone that way instead of calling a rep or going into a store. Worst case is that the modem could be bad, I had one converted one that the modem was bad and therefore wont connect, but again thats the worst case.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    def read the conversion instructions thoro. Make sure you see a EV symbol at the top of the device, as well as you put in the correct DEC number when activating. I myself went online and click bought a new phone, and swap my phone that way instead of calling a rep or going into a store. Worst case is that the modem could be bad, I had one converted one that the modem was bad and therefore wont connect, but again thats the worst case.
    this happened to me last night when I updated my pre to a pre+. Just download the original webOS doctor version 1.4.5 for sprint.(not meta doctor) Doctor the phone and it should work.
    Heres my question for a rep.

I have had a Pre for a few years now. I tend to use alot of data whether I'm streaming youtube videos, pandora, or using other apps.

I've noticed that maybe in the last 6-8 months the data transfer speeds while on 3G (EV) have dropped significantly. Lets say a 10 minute youtube video would barely have to buffer. Now it takes maybe 20 minutes for a 4 minute video to finish loading. I was hoping that the problem was with my phone and NOT Sprint service or my data usage. If it's my phone a replacement will fix. If not then a change of carrier would fix. I've read around with other people having low speeds on 3G in comparison to the last year or so. What can I do?
    I have the same problem. I am starting to get upset with sprint. Data, even at EV, its so slow. Almost unacceptable! Whats going on?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcoollo View Post
    ....I've noticed that maybe in the last 6-8 months the data transfer speeds while on 3G (EV) have dropped significantly....
    Contact tech support and report your reduced data speeds, make sure to give them your exact location so they can contact the network technicians to troubleshoot the towers, switches etc.
    This doesn't guarantee an improvement, towers only have so much capacity so it may just be your neighbors are using much more data than they used to.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Sprint I-phone 5. 4g. In Oct. You heard it here first
    fmarcanojr likes this.