Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTolsonator View Post
    I recently moved from Mechanicsburg, PA to Carlisle, PA and the coverage maps say that I'm in the good (3/5) coverage. Well once I walk inside my apartment, I lose all signal, and sometimes bounce around to roaming. Luckily I have wifi, but its really annoying to have to walk outside to make calls...Should I call and complain about the coverage and hope for an Airave?

If they toss me on the month to month deal, how will that effect my fiance who is also on the plan?

I can't speak on what would happen to another phone on your plan in this situation. I have two others on mine, but I'm not wearing your shoes.

As far as a "free" AirWave, I have read exactly this a good few times now (here at PreCentral and other places). Calling, complaining, praising their service up and down but feeling "pressured" into having to consider going to another carrier, etc., has gotten others free AirWaves.

I have no personal experience with this, this is only others' reports that I've read. YMMV of course.

M.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Yes you should. I live in Carlisle and have horrible reception in my home. I called and complained and got an Airave for $10 (the guy said I had to pay something). They charge me $4.95 per month but I also get that same amount in a discount.

Now, that was within my first 30 days of being a customer. Are you under contract?

BTW, welcome to the neighborhood.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Thanks for the welcoming. I just paid this months bill, maybe it would be good idea to call them now and complain, and contest the contract. I am nearing my first year milestone. Any sprint reps have input?

Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    Yes you should. I live in Carlisle and have horrible reception in my home. I called and complained and got an Airave for $10 (the guy said I had to pay something). They charge me $4.95 per month but I also get that same amount in a discount.

Now, that was within my first 30 days of being a customer. Are you under contract?

BTW, welcome to the neighborhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Thank you for coming back here and posting the answer for future generations. Not many do thins.

Thank you and I'm sorry for your loss, man.

M.
    Well I ended up just activating OLD phones on Dad's acct and freeing mine and starting a new contract w/ sprint. Since I started fresh and brought my own hardware account services reset my upgrade eligibility to now. So when Pre2 hits I'll have upgrades available due to never getting it when signing up new.

Sweet !
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    Hi stuntingace & yoshk -

Either one of you have any iside knowledge of what the future of webOS on Sprint might be, since we haven't gotten either the Pre Plus or the Pre 2 ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Hi stuntingace & yoshk -

Either one of you have any iside knowledge of what the future of webOS on Sprint might be, since we haven't gotten either the Pre Plus or the Pre 2 ?
    Curious as well.
    Yo,

One thousand apologies if this has been discussed.

I was considering adding the boss to the sprint plan. I think we would get her the style. I would like to keep my pre until an unknown time.

Can I add her, get the style, and get a discount on a phone for myself at any time?

My contract is up now.

Warmest regards,
    B.
    I might need to replace my Pre for the first time ever since launch day and since it's reached the EOL on Sprint, what alternatives are there? I know in the past with TEP I've read that Sprint will offer a comparable phone if they no longer support/carry that phone.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Hi stuntingace & yoshk -

Nope! Your guess is as good as mine. I'd guess Sprint will carry the Pre2, Pixi2 as well as whatever new high end device Palm comes out with next year, but for now they aren't saying anything to us. My thoughts are that the Pre2 will become the new mid-range palm phone in the coming year. I should also point out that Sprint is going android crazy and they might skip the Pre2 altogether. We shall see.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbatteredben View Post
    Yo,

One thousand apologies if this has been discussed.

I was considering adding the boss to the sprint plan. I think we would get her the style. I would like to keep my pre until an unknown time.

Can I add her, get the style, and get a discount on a phone for myself at any time?

My contract is up now.

Warmest regards,
    B.
    Each line has its own contract and upgrade dates. Adding a line does not have any effect on your line.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I might need to replace my Pre for the first time ever since launch day and since it's reached the EOL on Sprint, what alternatives are there? I know in the past with TEP I've read that Sprint will offer a comparable phone if they no longer support/carry that phone.
    Replacement units for the Pre will available for some time. A unit being EOL simply refers to us no longer selling the unit on the sales floor. Many stores will continue to carry a EOL unit until their stock is exhausted.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Nope! Your guess is as good as mine. I'd guess Sprint will carry the Pre2, Pixi2 as well as whatever new high end device Palm comes out with next year, but for now they aren't saying anything to us. My thoughts are that the Pre2 will become the new mid-range palm phone in the coming year. I should also point out that Sprint is going android crazy and they might skip the Pre2 altogether. We shall see.
    I wouldn't be too bothered if they skip the Pre 2 altogether if we had some assurance that there would be other future webOS devices available on Sprint.

Would be nice if they would throw us a small bone instead of keeping us totally in the dark.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I wouldn't be too bothered if they skip the Pre 2 altogether if we had some assurance that there would be other future webOS devices available on Sprint.

Would be nice if they would throw us a small bone instead of keeping us totally in the dark.

+1

This is exactly where I'm at with all this. I love my Pre, I love webOS, and yes, I love Sprint too. I don't want to part with any of them. The Pre2 is nice and all, but it's just not enough to make me want to dump my Pre- for. If we had SOME kind of word that:

"Yes, we here at Sprint hear you loud and clear and intend to continue our relationship with Palm's products...(etc.)"

SOMEthing. ANYthing.

M.
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    I have a question for the sprint rep, please. I opened a account with sprint in late 1998. I kept my account up to date and never closed it, when sprint and nextel became one I did try nextel for 3 or 4 years I believe. In late 2006 I went back to sprint cell service only, no chirp. My account has never been closed and this is all under the same SSN# but when I talk to a agent via chat about the new premier he stated that I have only been with sprint since nov. 2006. Nov. 2006 is when I went back to cell service, am I wrong to think that I should still remain gold premier, will I remain gold premier? Nobody seems to know, being that this situation is not already mapped out I have a feeling the customer (me) will be on the losing end of the stick. I am sure there are others in the same situation as I am and haven't thought about it or just assume they will be gold due to the 10+ years. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
    cordell
    Will Sprint carry the HP Pre3? Tell me now. If not I walk to where I have more choices than just the Android platform....
    Upset Premier Client
    Quote Originally Posted by kcgil View Post
    Will Sprint carry the HP Pre3? Tell me now. If not I walk to where I have more choices than just the Android platform....
    Upset Premier Client
    +4 (family plan)
    please give us some info.

its been a long wait for hardware
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    please give us some info.

its been a long wait for hardware

Even with as close as I am to flying my skinny rump to HP head quarters to strangle someone, I just saw this:

Palm Pre 2 vs. HP Pre 3: what's changed? -- Engadget

Look at the specs for the Pre3. CDMA is listed. Does that means there's hope for us?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Even with as close as I am to flying my skinny rump to HP head quarters to strangle someone, I just saw this:

Palm Pre 2 vs. HP Pre 3: what's changed? -- Engadget

Look at the specs for the Pre3. CDMA is listed. Does that means there's hope for us?

M.

Could also be Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TLG James View Post
    Could also be Verizon.
    SHHHH! I'm still trying to be hopeful!

(I know. I don't know what to do. This is a horrible day. I know the line "it's just a phone", but, this Pre / webOS is (was...) fantastic and a direct extension of the way I think and work. Today blows moose nards.)

M.