Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #41  
    i have read something about 6.5 comin but if i remember correctly it wont be for a bit. feelin a lil uneducated bout that one.....lemme see what i can find
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    As a service center you will get one of two reactions based entirely on how they feel that day:
    A: This is physical damage. Make your insurance claim.
    B: This is a defect, here's a free replacement.

There is simply no way to predict how they will respond unless Palm puts out a bulletin stating that this is a known issue.
    My own experience reading these boards has led me to believe there is a defect in some units in this first run batch with weak faces causing cracks to form even with very little pressure on the face. My store will be a bit more forgiving, but we'll also be on the lookout for abuse.

On another note, it appears the repair chain has caught up with the Pre. We ordered a replacement Pre for a customer the other day (dead pixel) and received a refurbished unit as a replacement. Needless to say, the customer was disappointed (he refused the unit and will do his 30 day exchange with Best Buy when they get more).

got a straight answer on this one.

there was a bad batch that went out they are aware of but they should have been seen immediately out of the box not weeks later. sooo.....

if it was outta the box w a crack then its an exchange. otherwise its 100$ deduc. however i still agree w yosh saying it would prob b case to case. not like she does the service and repair side of things.
    We used to use YouMail when we were with VZW and just found out today that if we want forwarding for "busy" and "unanswered" calls it will be 20 cents/minute!

How can we get this waived or who should we send an email to to complain. We brought 14 lines over now and I'm working on bringing another 40 over but this is an issue for us as with only 3 voicemails/ day it would be $20+ a month per phone.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    It looks like there used to be ways to avoid the charges, but Sprint has closed those loopholes. Your best bet would be to contact the Business Customer Service and let them know that the call forwarding charges are a deal breaker for you and that you'll go back to Verizon if that's what it takes. They may have to manually remove the charges each month, but I'm sure they won't want to lose your business.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Do you know when the Pre will be available at all indirect dealers?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    got a straight answer on this one.

there was a bad batch that went out they are aware of but they should have been seen immediately out of the box not weeks later. sooo.....
    Are you saying that it is now known that there is "a bad batch that went out" of phones that had (or will have) issues with screen cracking? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
    Last edited by quahtrader; 06/29/2009 at 11:30 AM.
  7.    #47  
    there was a batch that did go out and if your going to have an issue you would already know. it was one of the first batches rolled out and the screens were a lil fragile. they would already be identified. you would have pulled it out of the box and would have seen a crack in the screen.

nothin to worry bout now
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by bb423 View Post
    Do you know when the Pre will be available at all indirect dealers?
    it should b available to all vendors now. the pre is available to telesales now too so i would imagine that every vendor should have them. did you go to a store that said they couldnt get them or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    there was a batch that did go out and if your going to have an issue you would already know. it was one of the first batches rolled out and the screens were a lil fragile. they would already be identified. you would have pulled it out of the box and would have seen a crack in the screen.

nothin to worry bout now
    So they were already cracked in the box? Ones that cracked (like mine) after being removed from the box are not part of this "known" issue?
  10.    #50  
    correct. however like yosh said, its to be handled on a case by case basis. if you find a rep that sees no sign of physical damage that lead to that crack you may luck out....
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Unfortunately they are STILL not available to Authorized dealers, only Preferred dealers. There are very few preferred dealers out there so the waiting list continues!

It's easy to tell a Authorized from a Preferred dealer, they are required to have a sign on the front door stating Authorized or Preferred (I'm Authorized and been waiting 9+ months for my Preferred status).

I received my first cracked touchscreen Pre the other day and even though Sprint knows about the problem we were advised by our district repair rep to refer the customer to insurance. Until Palm admits the glass on some of the first batch of Pre was weak and easily cracks (with no abuse) we cannot replace them under warranty.

For those of you with cracked touchscreens you might honestly get a better answer from Palm directly and see if they will replace it under warrantly through them. I can't promise anything, but it's worth a shot.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Yeah, the dealer here where I live is not a preferred dealer. They said they dont know when they're going to get them. They said it was like this with the instinct too, they didnt get it for 2 or 4 weeks after launch
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The instinct was a different story, that was a supply issue. I got up super early and made my phone order from home the day they launched on our supply site, I was the only dealer in my area to have them and I sold all my units in a weekend, after that it did take almost 4 weeks to get my next shipment.
    Here should be an easy one to answer.

I purchased a USB Data Stick for Internet access a month after they came out.

I used the service for about 3-4 months. Then I put it on standby due to getting home internet service.

A few weeks later I read that they put a cap on the data plans for 5GB/ a month. When I signed up for the plan it was unlimited data.

I was told because they made a change to the plan after I signed up for it, I am able to cancel the data plan without an ETF.

Is this correct ?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Yes, due to the change in the policy, customers who signed up before the change can end their contract with no ETF
    Another question, my dad has the Rant and is always complaining that he doesn't have service where he should. He is still within his 30 days and wants to get another phone. What do you think would have a better antenna/better signal strength? A pre? BB? or dare I say a renegade or pro 700????
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Those are all good phones, I have the Rant myself and it's a great phone. He may just have gotten a bad unit, but unless the dealer agrees it's a defective unit be prepared to pay the restocking fee.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    i purchased the pre 5 days ago. today i exchanged because i could count about 13 bad pixels, so now i have a new one and when i get home and really start looking i count about 7 so far. i probably should have checked at store. do u think if i go back up there now they will exchange again?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    yep, they should swap it again. I keep telling people, physically inspect the phone and check for bad pixels BEFORE activation.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    well believe it,, this time i will definitely check before i leave store, has this been a problem for lots of other people?
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast