Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 621
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #541  
    Two questions:

    1. I bought my Pre from Best Buy and the TEP coverage separately at my local Sprint office. My Pre now has a crack just above the USB cover that is about 1cm long. The crack is starting to spread into the display area. I'd like to get a replacement under the TEP policy. Do I go to Best Buy or a Sprint store for this?

    2. Most of Louisiana is still stuck with 1x; we have no EVDO at all in north Louisiana. Is there any way to find out when Louisiana will get upgraded? Surely someone at Sprint knows, right?
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

    ...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
  2. #542  
    I have one more question:

    My GF's USB port cover thing broke off. Is this covered by the Sprint Hardware Warranty?


    M.
  3. #543  
    Yoshk
    Quick question - I left Sprint in January due to the TOCs - I tried to re-instate today and was told that the MIED is no longer valid on my Pre!!!! The Sales rep stated that she was told by Account Services that when I ported the number the MIED went with it and the MEID is not valid if I do not port back in within 60 days....
    She also stated that the phone MIED would be invalid no matter who tries it and could not be used as a phone again!!??
    Am I being given a run-around????
  4. #544  
    Why won't you guys send me an Airave?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  5. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    1. I bought my Pre from Best Buy and the TEP coverage separately at my local Sprint office. My Pre now has a crack just above the USB cover that is about 1cm long. The crack is starting to spread into the display area. I'd like to get a replacement under the TEP policy. Do I go to Best Buy or a Sprint store for this?
    ...
    Sprint repair center.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  6. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Why won't you guys send me an Airave?
    Let me check my pockets...nope. Fresh out. Try customer service.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  7. #547  
    Thanks for the thread. I'm a Sprint Premier customer and I'm going to wait for a new WebOs phone or for my Pre to break. Whichever comes first. Question: If I upgrade, does it extend my contract 2 more years from the upgrade?
  8. #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Thanks for the thread. I'm a Sprint Premier customer and I'm going to wait for a new WebOs phone or for my Pre to break. Whichever comes first. Question: If I upgrade, does it extend my contract 2 more years from the upgrade?
    If I understand correctly, as a Premier customer, the PRIMARY line gets to upgrade yearly instead of waiting the usual 22 months. You can technically upgrade any old time you want, you just can't get the subsidized phone until you reach your 12 (or 22) month mark. And you always have the option for renewing for a one- or two-year contract...but of course the one-year renewal offers only half the instant discount of the two-year deal and usually doesn't give you any additional markdowns or rebates.
  9. Unit 4's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #549  
    Please explain to me why all of a sudden my phone no longer gets an EVDO connection and sprint is telling me that the closes tower to me doesn't support it when I've had EVDO in the past just fine? (and NO! I haven't moved or anything) Are they just BS'ing me because they don't want to fork over the cost of repairing a tower? Can I ask to have my contracted voided if they are no longer providing a service level that they once were? Thanks.
  10. #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit 4 View Post
    Please explain to me why all of a sudden my phone no longer gets an EVDO connection and sprint is telling me that the closes tower to me doesn't support it when I've had EVDO in the past just fine?

    Try updating your PRL.


    M.
  11. #551  
    I've got a question for Sprint reps: when is 1.4.5 going to be released to us? Didn't Palm send it for carrier certification at the beginning of July?
  12. heltoupee's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #552  
    +1. Would really hate to think Sprint's leaving the US out in the cold while Palm's running that "PDK Hot Apps" contest.
  13. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #553  
    Just to clarify, it would be Palm leaving the US out in the cold if it wasn't released to carriers in the US. I'm sure sprint has been either working on it themselves or Palm told them to hold it for a good reason.

    I do have a question that I'm hoping Yoshk can assist with though.

    Any idea on when (ballpark) WI will be getting 4G coverage? Your company is losing out on my $200 every month it drags its feet in getting this service up and running....IE not paying $10/month for a data plan that is no better than the one I already have.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  14. #554  
    How do I get a pre plus on Sprint? gitit20 said he talked to a level 2 rep and they entered the info from a Verizon Pre Plus. I want to do the same.
  15. heltoupee's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Just to clarify, it would be Palm leaving the US out in the cold if it wasn't released to carriers in the US. I'm sure sprint has been either working on it themselves or Palm told them to hold it for a good reason.
    Yes, it would, but that's not the case. Palm has released it to US carriers, and Sprint's just sitting on it, along with the rest of them.
  16. #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    How do I get a pre plus on Sprint? gitit20 said he talked to a level 2 rep and they entered the info from a Verizon Pre Plus. I want to do the same.
    its possible but a pain in the ****....
  17. mdavis113's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit 4 View Post
    Please explain to me why all of a sudden my phone no longer gets an EVDO connection and sprint is telling me that the closes tower to me doesn't support it when I've had EVDO in the past just fine? (and NO! I haven't moved or anything) Are they just BS'ing me because they don't want to fork over the cost of repairing a tower? Can I ask to have my contracted voided if they are no longer providing a service level that they once were? Thanks.
    My device still shows the EVDO icon and even with full bars I am only getting ~30-60 kbit on various mobile speed test sites. This occurs on both mine and my wife's Pre and only on the cell tower that services my home (latitude 35.5206, longitude -77.4092). This started about three months after I had made the switch from AT&T to Sprint. According to Sprint, there is nothing wrong with the tower. According to the tech at the authorized service center there is nothing wrong with my phone? If I hadn't already added a Pre for my parents and Evo's for my sister and nephew to my account, I would have pursued terminating the contract and moving to Verizon.
  18. #558  
    I'm trying to get one of the free Pre's from HP for my son. It has been over a year since he got his last phone. I tried to purchase online from HP, but the purchase was canceled because HP said Sprint said that it had been less than 22 months since his last upgrade. I knew that. I have a Premier account, and we get to upgrade every year.

    So, I called Sprint and confirmed that the line was eligible for the full upgrade. I called HP and tried to order over the phone. I told them that Sprint was showing that it was eligible, and suggested they could call Sprint to confirm. The guy said they couldn't do that, that it was done over computer and the computer tells them whether it is eligible or not.

    Does anyone know a way that a Premier customer can get the free Pre from HP? Please let me know if you do. Thanks.
  19. #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    I'm trying to get one of the free Pre's from HP for my son. It has been over a year since he got his last phone. I tried to purchase online from HP, but the purchase was canceled because HP said Sprint said that it had been less than 22 months since his last upgrade. I knew that. I have a Premier account, and we get to upgrade every year.

    So, I called Sprint and confirmed that the line was eligible for the full upgrade. I called HP and tried to order over the phone. I told them that Sprint was showing that it was eligible, and suggested they could call Sprint to confirm. The guy said they couldn't do that, that it was done over computer and the computer tells them whether it is eligible or not.

    Does anyone know a way that a Premier customer can get the free Pre from HP? Please let me know if you do. Thanks.
    yeah only the main phone line not the others if you have more than one line
  20. #560  
    I know that, this is listed as the main line.

Posting Permissions