Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    so what's the word on new palm phones coming to sprint ? let us know please lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Hey Sprint guys!

sorry if you addressed this earlier, this thread is great, but only seeing it for 1st time, and I don't wanna search 26 pages.

to my question: my sprint nav is jacked up. Program works but when getting route it says plan expired. Call telnav. I did, they claim sprint issue. The sprint customer service rep as less than helpful. Basically wants me to wipe my phone. I think that's BS. Doctor'ing is ok, but a huge pain in the ***** given all the apps, patches, etc on my phone. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so what's the word on new palm phones coming to sprint ? let us know please lol
    +1

And Does Sprint think that WiMax will save them?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Does anyone know where I can get a replacement USB cover.

After almost a year, I just had the misfortunte of losing it!

However, it could have been Sprint's fault. I had just gotten the phone back from them after I had to bring it in so they could get the screw that fell out and jammed the keyboard from sliding out, and screw it back in place.

It might have come out when they worked on the phone. I think they had to pry the phone apart to get the screw out.

But that is speculation.

I just want to get a replacement cover/door.

Any help in locating one would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    I read somewhere that Palm and Sprint have begun to just replace broken Pre's with new ones off the shelf. Is this true? ....
    Some of the replacement units we've been getting lately have been new units instead of refurbished but it's still random, it's not a policy.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sendtoworthington View Post
    I have read some reports of people who signed up for new service through radioshack. If they cancelled their service and returned their phone in the 30 day trial window, they still were getting charges / collection letters a few months later....
    Hang onto your receipt for the return. Any Radioshack location should be able to print a receipt showing the return and Sprint should be able to accept the return receipt in good faith.
    1. They may require you take the receipt to a Sprint store and have a representative contact Finance
    2. They may have you fax it to them
    3. They may even just be able to talk to a Radioshack representative
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    ....my sprint nav is jacked up. Program works but when getting route it says plan expired. Call telnav. I did, they claim sprint issue. ....
    If telenav has checked their side of it and your Telenav account is fine on their end then it may well be the phone itself. Very likely Doctor or a reset will fix it.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    If telenav has checked their side of it and your Telenav account is fine on their end then it may well be the phone itself. Very likely Doctor or a reset will fix it.
    I talked to telenav again, they said they have no record of me having an account with them and to ask sprint to reprovision gps/nav on phone, I am on hold with sprint now as we speak, trying battery pull, then maybe some more steps. this guy at least sounds like he knows what he is talking about.

I'll keep you posted. thanks for your help.

I'd hate to have to Doctor it and reinstall about a million things....

EIDT: UPDATE: so "reprovisioning Nav services" didn't help. sprint nav still hangs when trying to get directions. The tech support rep says I have to hard reset in order to get it to work again. Which sucks, cuz. i gotta go home and back everything up (photos, etc). bummer.
    Last edited by bjs188; 05/06/2010 at 01:09 PM.
    It has been 7 months and I still haven't received my rebate.

When I went into the Sprint Store to look at the Pre. The salesman offered a discount and said he would fill out and mail in my rebate himself if I bought right then. I did it.

I watched him fill out the form and put it in an envelope. I never saw, or touched the rebate form. I waited for a few of months. I called, and they said it could take a long time, and to just wait.

When it still didn't come, I went into the rebate site and typed my info in. Nothing came up. Not denied, or anything like that. Just nothing found matching that criteria.

So I called again, and the Sprint Rep told me to go back to the store and talk to the salesman. I walked over there and he promised to check on it. The website said, wait 21 days, so I waited another month and still nothing was listed on the rebate site, so I went back to the salesman. He said he forgot!

He got online while I waited and did something. He said they would contact me.

I received an email saying resubmit a copy and wait 21 days. I never touched the original rebate form and the salesman didn't copy it, so I found the appropriate rebate form for my phone, from the correct dates on the Sprint site. I filled it out, and sent it in with documentation, and a copy of the email telling me to resubmit. I waited another month. Still nothing is showing up on the rebate site. Just no matching criteria.

7 MONTHS now. Where can I go to get this resolved? I spent $249.99 on my phone and was promised $100 back.
    Hang onto your receipt for the return. Any Radioshack location should be able to print a receipt showing the return and Sprint should be able to accept the return receipt in good faith.
    1. They may require you take the receipt to a Sprint store and have a representative contact Finance
    2. They may have you fax it to them
    3. They may even just be able to talk to a Radioshack representative
    Hope this isn't thread jacking, but coming from a RS employee, we have had this happen once or twice, in all honesty. But yes, as long as you have the reciept and if you receive a bill from sprint or sprint collections, stop by the RS where you purchased/returned and the associate (if they value their job) will speak to sprint on your behalf. It happens where sprint's system for contract cancellations disconnects from 3rd parties at random moments, and there isn't much we can say except "sorry, allow me to correct it for you"
    ok.. now for my question lol.

I'm taking my second pre in today for replacement/repair. the power button just sporadically stopped responding to ANYTHING last night. I have the TEP, so a sprint repair center should just swap it out for me, correct? i'm assuming its a mechanical defect. I babied this phone after my first one had the unfortunate headphone jack epic fail. Comments?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelsdpencr View Post
    ...I'm taking my second pre in today for replacement/repair. the power button just sporadically stopped responding to ANYTHING last night. I have the TEP, so a sprint repair center should just swap it out for me, correct?....
    Yes, the power button issues are a mechanical issue with the support piece inside the phone collapsing. We see one of these occasionally. This is covered by the device warranty and the ESRP. A replacement shouldn't be any problem.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    It has been 7 months and I still haven't received my rebate.....
    You are still owed your mail in rebate. There is a Mail-in rebate department you can speak to over the phone but they will require you to mail/fax some paperwork to them including the receipt for your purchase. I recommend the fax method since you can check back with them the next day to make sure they are processing the mail-in. If you no longer have your receipt you can stop into your Sprint store and ask them to fax the information off for you including the receipt they can reprint for you.

A mail-in rebate form should be filled out with the telephone number of the line you are upgrading and the name/address you would like the check sent to. Include a copy of the receipt of purchase (send a copy, keep the original) or a copy of the packing slip if you ordered your phone by web/telesales.

My store mails ALL mail-in rebates for our customers, but even so sometimes they get lost in the great MIR black hole.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Just wanted to share my story.

Since getting my phone replaced with a refurbished phone last November, sprint navigation hasn't really worked for me. There was something wrong with the phones GPS accuracy. It could get a lock on your current location but couldn't track for for ****. Went to sprint two different times they said nothing was wrong with it and cant replace it. I said **** it and lived with it for 6+ months. Just last weekend I started having the stuck in headset mode issue. Took it into the repair center telling them about both issues (GPS and stuck headset problem). After about 45minutes they walk out with my phone and a box to a brand new Pre. They couldn't fix my issues. All I really wanted was another replacement but for some reason gave me a new one. They let me keep everything including the box. That was nice since my hands free wired ear piece was falling apart and the extra AC charger was nice. It is damn nice having Sprint navigation working again. I don't think I will be getting the Evo now that I have a working phone.
    I have had a palm pre since Jun3 2009, and am on my 4th one. The first one stopped functioning within 20 days, the next one lasted a month. The next one worked for 8 months flawlessly, then begin switching from handset to speaker to headset (which I do not use), making it impossible to conduct a conversation. The replacement phone solved that problem, but was given to me with a on/off swithc issue. The phone constantly reacts as if someone had depressed the on/off button. At times the screen cannot be made to stay lit. Now Sprint is sending me another phone to replace this one. I love the phone, I think Sprint has done everything I expected of them. I have NO complaints against Sprint and I really like the Pre when it is working as advertised. I just wonder what is going on with Palm. I have owned a number of Palm products, and I have never had this many problems. Is there something else that works like the Pre that has fewer issues?
    Thanks
    Gene
    you sure the pre is for you. So much problems... Hope you do get one,that works good for you. I never had none of those issue with my pre. :-)
    The latest PRL update takes us from 60664 (I think) to 65000. Under Preferences, instead of selecting "Sprint only" or "Automatic", we now have "Sprint only", "Automatic A" or "Automatic B". What are the differences? Thanks.

EDIT: PRL is back to 60664 for several of us. Not sure what is going on.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 05/21/2010 at 05:06 AM.
    You are still owed your mail in rebate.
    Just saw my rebate online. It is officially approved. When I stopped in to talk to my salesman, I told him I was taking a 36 hour train trip and asked if he had batteries for sale. He said "No, I can have one sent to you." I said "I'm leaving in 2 days." He said "Hold on." He went to the back, came back, and handed me a used battery. Awesome!

The lesson is do your own rebate and be very nice to your salesman.
    Hi guys,
    I've been a Sprint customer for some time, live in a rural area that offers "good" sprint coverage according to the maps. Have used two differrent devices - a Sanyo SCP 8400(? - can't really remember exact device number) and a Palm Centro - used the Centro longer than the Sanyo. Both managed to pull in signal even while indoors at the house - something I tried to obtain for years as an Att/Cingular customer. And NEVER got close to with a Veizon trial phone.

So suffice it to say - Sprint has better coverage and better dievices!

I have been a happy camper. Upgraded to the Palm Pre last month and am again experiencing lost signal or no signal like I gto as an At&T customer. Yeah, sure I can use the WI-FI in the house for re Data but no phone calls get through or go out!

Even at work signal reception is extremely poor but was obtainable in certain spots with the Centro - however with the PRE - all I get is voicemaisl! - the phone will ring but if I tell it to connect Ithe call drops or goes dierectly to voicemail. No biggie I suppose - technically I'm not supposed to take personal calls while at work - but occassionally I Do want to make calls during lunch break.

An acquanitance ta3ked to me about the Air Rave signal amplifier offered by Sprint - please enlighten me. I'm a bit miffed that my "upgraded" phone is LESS functional as a phone so am not entirely thrilled about spending more money to get it to function properly.

However while in areas where I DO get signal my PRE is great - so I really don't want to "Downgrade" back to the Centro.

AN online search indicates the Air Rave is now in version 2? Please fill me in on how to get this signal amplifier and what I need to do to install one, also is it portable enough that I could take it to work with me to obtain better reception there?

Thhank YOu!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Hey!

Good thread (just found it...). My question is:

What's the best "story" to tell a rep (in person or on the phone) to get my MLS code?

M.