Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Okay, here's the deal... I've been with Sprint for 10+ years and am happy with their service.

I currently have a Treo 800W and a 700P with Sprint's Free & Clear Family Plan - 1000 Anytime Minutes and pay $80 per month AFTER taxes. This includes unlimited data.

I am currently still under contract. If I upgraded both phones to the Palm Pre, there's no way they would allow me to stay in my current plan and price, right?

Realistically, what am I looking at paying if I get the two Pre's?

Any suggestions on how I could get a discount on the monthly plan, should I decide to go with the Pre's, would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    I'm looking for some advice, if anyone can help.

We have about 20 lines on our account. About 5 of them are "simply everything" plans. The other 15 are set up on "Biz essential 4000" and "Add-on" configurations. Our bill is so unstable it's crazy. Sometimes it can double the average cost. We where considering switch the other 15 accounts to simply everything and swapping their phones to something low level in the "simply everything" field. Perhaps BB Curves or something similiar . Not sure which phone we'll choose but.. Wondering what a Sprint rep would think about this. Is it the smart thing to do?

We're looking to regulate the bill. Keep it from hitting high numbers because of overages. At the same time.. drop the price of our bill some. The "add-ons" accounts are only 25.00 but the "BE4000" are 200.00 a piece. Without overages.. our bill averages 2800.00 but with overages.. can sometimes hit around 3000.00 to 3500.00.

Any advice would be great.
    I don't happen to have the Business Essentials plan structures in front of me (I only have the current plan brochures with the Business Advantage plans now). However, If you are going over by about 3000-3500 minutes a month it seems it would be more beneficial to change one of the add-on lines instead to a base plan with 4000 minutes instead. You can still change/add/remove Business Essentials plans since you are already on one.

The business plans are supposed to have a Primary plan for every 5 add-ons. So for a total of 15 lines you would have 3 primary plans and have the rest be add-on lines. It would help a little more if you could say your overall anytime minute usage on those lines instead of just the overage amounts. If your account is not setup this way then it is setup incorrectly (I have seen it before).

Using the Business Advantage plans that are offered now I can give you a rough estimate of what it may look like with the limited info given. For a 13,500 minute plan structure, your plan would look something like:

15 x 900 Business Advantage Talk plans ($900)
    5 x Simply Everything ($500)

That comes to $1,400 a month plus taxes/surcharges, TEP, etc.. The Business Advantage plans work like the Individual plans with the exception that they pool all of their minutes together to share.

They are setup differently than the Business Essentials plans you are using now with the base plan/add-on configuration.

The Business Advantage plans come in 200, 450, 900 1350, 2000, and 4000 minute flavors. Messaging and Data are added onto each line individually if it is needed.

Here's a link to a Google Doc I made a couple months ago and am trying to keep fairly updated when changes occur. It is in no way official, but is a nice one stop shop for most of the current plan offerings available.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    Okay, here's the deal... I've been with Sprint for 10+ years and am happy with their service.

I currently have a Treo 800W and a 700P with Sprint's Free & Clear Family Plan - 1000 Anytime Minutes and pay $80 per month AFTER taxes. This includes unlimited data.

I am currently still under contract. If I upgraded both phones to the Palm Pre, there's no way they would allow me to stay in my current plan and price, right?

Realistically, what am I looking at paying if I get the two Pre's?

Any suggestions on how I could get a discount on the monthly plan, should I decide to go with the Pre's, would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
    You would have to change your plan to one of the current Everything Data or Simply Everything plans, your old plan would not work. For two Pre's sharing on a family plan:

Everything Data Share 1500 ($130)
    Taxes are going to stay about where they are to be honest. It depends on where you are though. Some states base telecom taxes on price, others base it off of the number of lines. Your best bet is to just estimate them to be around what you are paying now. I usually do a ball park estimate for taxes/surcharges to be around $5/line, but here in AZ it is usually lower, I know other states it can be higher.

As for discounts Sprint has a ton of discounts through our NVP program with companies. Best bet is to go into a store or call into Care and see if there is a discount available for the company you work for. If not, there are discounts for Credit Union members (The specific CU doesn't necessarily matter, some have higher discounts, but if not they are all bundled under an overall 10% discount). 10% will usually take care of any taxes/surcharges (at least in my area).
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    quick question, why hasn't the pre plus and pixi plus come out on sprint yet?

i think palm should just discontinue the original pre and starting selling the pre plus on sprint. to my understanding, verizon and sprint both use cdma networks so it should have the same kind of cell phone radio inside just slightly tweaked to run on verizon. then sprint could do something like charge a small fee to upgrade to pre plus or instead of giving refurbished phones just upgrade to the pre plus. i love my pre but am slightly jealous that verizon gets the pre plus and sprint doesn't
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchyburger View Post

i think palm should just discontinue the original pre and starting selling the pre plus on sprint. to my understanding, verizon and sprint both use cdma networks so it should have the same kind of cell phone radio inside just slightly tweaked to run on verizon. then sprint could do something like charge a small fee to upgrade to pre plus or instead of giving refurbished phones just upgrade to the pre plus. i love my pre but am slightly jealous that verizon gets the pre plus and sprint doesn't
    Why would they charge a small fee to give you a new phone that costs a few hundred dollars and getting your old phone which is essentially worthless now that everyone will only want a Palm Pre Plus.

Now, if they made you wait till your upgrade date and made you pay the upgrade fee which would probably be $50-100 then that would be fair.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quick question here, how is sprint about replacing the accessories that came with the phone? my wail charger has died. Can I just walk in and get it swapped. Last time my phone died they gave me and extra pair of headphones cause one ear piece had gone out so I'm hopeful but wanted to check here first.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Quick question here, how is sprint about replacing the accessories that came with the phone? my wail charger has died. Can I just walk in and get it swapped. Last time my phone died they gave me and extra pair of headphones cause one ear piece had gone out so I'm hopeful but wanted to check here first.
    There really isn't a policy about the original included accessories like the device itself. It depends on what the store may have laying around, and is essentially up to them. I know at our store we have several original accessories laying around just in case something like that happens, but it is not a policy.
    Kevin
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchyburger View Post

Is the Pre/Pixi + coming to Sprint?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    Is the Pre/Pixi + coming to Sprint?
    It's possible the Pixi may get replaced by the Pixi Plus this summer but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Pre will be discontinued for whatever new model Palm comes out with next.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    You know how you guys have that thing where if you buy a new plan, you get phones on sale? Same as for adding a new line? Does that also count for renewing you contract? Or is there still no discount on the phones?

Also, if i'm having alot of troubles with my phone, and i've had it replaced 4 times, is it possible for them to switch me to another phone without me paying for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    It's possible the Pixi may get replaced by the Pixi Plus this summer but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Pre will be discontinued for whatever new model Palm comes out with next.
    So as of now Sprint still ha brand new pre's for new customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    So as of now Sprint still ha brand new pre's for new customers?
    Yes we still have brand new Pre's coming from Palm.
    Kevin

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by v7z730ib View Post
    You know how you guys have that thing where if you buy a new plan, you get phones on sale? ....... if i'm having alot of troubles with my phone, and i've had it replaced 4 times, is it possible for them to switch me to another phone without me paying for it?
    Yes you get the full discounted price after 22 months, though Premier customers get 12 month upgrades on one of their lines.
    You can check your eligibility here:
    https://manage.sprintpcs.com/special...bateWelcome.do

Sprint will only replace your phone with a different model if you have had 3 replacements by a service and repair center within a 60 day period. Even then, it's something of a fight and you will only have 2-3 phones to choose from. The replacement unit will likely be a refurbished unit just like any other S&R replacement.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    Yes we still have brand new Pre's coming from Palm.
    Cool, just thought palm would have discontinued the original pre and pixi to cut cost's, but I guess not.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have been living with a defective pre for MONTHS(in NOV or DEC. I replaces my third b/c the screen just randomly cracked when I taped the "home" button) this one has a pretty noticeable Oreo, a large dark spot on the screen AND the power button will just stop working ALL the time(a minor issue is that half of the keys don't light) do you guys think there is any chance I will be able to just switch to the pre plus if it comes out?

they have tried to get me to switch to the moment and hero before

I dont want to "scam" a C40 but I think that these hardware issues are BULL and they should do something to fix it, I'd rather not have to go to android to get a phone that will hold together

BTW I tried to get this pre replaced last week and they told me that they seem to have NO replacement pres... kinda scared me at the time.

(I'm on an employee account but I cant EVER upgrade b/c I have family that were on the account that NEVER payed, so unless I want to pay the $700+ to pay off my uncle and my dads bills for the account holder OR pay full price for the pre plus or c40 like I did for this pre then I'll never be able to upgrade phones)

please help with this.
    I am going out of town for a funeral, so If you could PM me with your answer I'd appreciate it... if not ill just search on here later (maybe the duct tape that palm used to put this pre together with will hold long enough for me to check my PMs LOL )
    Quick question here:

I'm currently winding down my AT&T contract in about 2 weeks and I'm really anxious to switch to Sprint (cheaper, good service in my area, etc) however with the influx of New/4G phones that are supposed to hit in the coming months I'd also like to wait and see what's coming out before I drop a 2 year agreement on a current phone.

Is there any way for me to sign up for a plan but then be able to upgrade to one of those new phones coming out later this year? I had the idea of picking up a used phone off of Ebay or from a friend who is switching carriers soon but I was told in the store that even if I brought a phone with me I would still have to sign a contract and wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade until the normal time.

Is this true? Because it really doesn't make any sense to me. I mean the contract I can see, but also using up my upgrade price if I bring my own phone? What?

If it IS true - any suggestions? Just grit my teeth and wait it out on AT&T until more phone info is available in the coming months?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkenwolf View Post
    .....I'm currently winding down my AT&T contract in about 2 weeks and I'm really anxious to switch to Sprint ......any suggestions? Just grit my teeth and wait it out on AT&T until more phone info is available in the coming months?
    Discounted pricing is only good during the first 30 days you have the line.
    I read somewhere that Palm and Sprint have begun to just replace broken Pre's with new ones off the shelf. Is this true? I had to bring my launch day Pre in to be replaced for being stuck in Phone Offline mode, and I unfortunately got one that now has the oreo slider. I don't want to play Russian roulette again with refurbs.
    I have read some reports of people who signed up for new service through radioshack. If they cancelled their service and returned their phone in the 30 day trial window, they still were getting charges / collection letters a few months later from Sprint saying the phone had not been returned...

How can I make sure when I cancel my line and return my phone to radioshack, that this actually gets communicated through to sprint so that I don't have to fight it out!??

Does radioshack employees call into the sprint center to inform them I am returning or will they do it automatically on their computers?

Thanks!
    I have a Sprint 700p and am out of contract and eligible for new phone. Does Sprint have Palm that will tether as the 700p does? Does it use USB and/or mobile hot spot? Not interested in Bluetooth tether.

Thank you
    Sprint does not provide any plan for tethering of the Pre, but unofficially there is a way to do it (search for MyTether). Mobile hotspot is "free" on Verizon, i.e. comes with the plan.

BTW, you've suffered far too long if you kept the 700p. I used to use one; what a disaster! The Centro is a much better device if you want PalmOS.