Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    *Edit*
    I started my own thread here. If anyone's interested.
    Last edited by SirataXero; 02/22/2010 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Unfortunately because of the physical damage, it makes it impossible to exchange the phone under warranty. The $100 insurance claim or a $120 service and repair replacement (Advanced Exchange) are your only options.
    well i went to sprint and i told a sprint rep that my speaker went our and that my power bottom was going out too ( i didnt mention the screen been broke) so without any questions she ordered me a new one, i went two days later for the new one just to find out that the new one is broke too (microphone) so they are ordering me a new one, hopefully ill have it for monday. so i think that if you know what to say or what not to say you can get around the system.
    A technical question for Sprint networks:

I have a Centro and for several years have had good data connectivity on Power Vision. In the past few weeks, the vast majority of the time when I start my Blazer browser, I get the message "You have roamed out of your home region. Please wait while your data is fetched. The request will be resent automatically in 60 seconds. Click here to resend manually."

I have no problems with my Internet connectivity. I can get Exchange email over-the-air synched (30 minute polling). I can start a Kinoma streaming radio (Bloomberg Radio) and start Google Maps and get locations and directions also without any problems.

I have tried setting my roaming preferences to "Allow roaming" and "Home networks only" and still get the error message regardless of my roaming preferences. I have reset the phone several times, and erased all data to start with a clean phone, still getting the error message.

I have called tech support and have done a data provisioning (Phone Updater) over the air a few times. This seems to help for awhile, getting a Blazer session maybe 4 out of 5 times, but after a few days, starts to deteriorate down to maybe 1 out of 10 or 20 tries.

I have had my phone replaces by a Sprint store, and seems to work at first (like data provisioning above) but eventually deteriorates to mostly getting the error message. My phone prior to replacement had a PRL = 60658. My replaced phone has a PRL = 60652. Doesn't seem to make a difference what PRL I have.

Help, please!
    I have installed preware, the package manager service, homebrew patches, etc. On my pre and I am now experiencing some hardware issues. I know that it has nothing to do with any patches I have installed or anything like that. Does having these patches and other homebrews cancel my warantee or can I just go change my phone in for a refurb? If someone could email me with the subject "palm pre" I would greatly appreciate it. Email is 2fast4u @ gmail.com Thanks
    My wife and I will be moving from Verizon to Sprint in a few months once my Verizon contract is up. I received a EPRP # from a Sprint rep online. The best deals for phones seem to be through third parties. How can I still get the EPRP (new customer) discount when I get my phones from a third party, like The Shack or Best Buy?
    Quote Originally Posted by timetopretend13 View Post
    I have installed preware, the package manager service, homebrew patches, etc. On my pre and I am now experiencing some hardware issues. I know that it has nothing to do with any patches I have installed or anything like that. Does having these patches and other homebrews cancel my warantee or can I just go change my phone in for a refurb? If someone could email me with the subject "palm pre" I would greatly appreciate it. Email is 2fast4u @ gmail.com Thanks
    Technically it should. In reality most reps won't look, or if they do will know that the issue probably isn't caused by homebrew apps. You should be fine, but I would recommend removing and patches and homebrew you have installed before taking it in just in case. They do have the option of refusing to service a modified device.

Quote Originally Posted by teach1love View Post
    My wife and I will be moving from Verizon to Sprint in a few months once my Verizon contract is up. I received a EPRP # from a Sprint rep online. The best deals for phones seem to be through third parties. How can I still get the EPRP (new customer) discount when I get my phones from a third party, like The Shack or Best Buy?
    The EPRP discount must be done through the EPRP portal. No store or telesales can activate new EPRP lines. It must be done online, and through the Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program portal.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    A hardware related question: Right now if I twist my headphone jack in my Palm Pre's plug, or if I apply direct pressure the headphones will receive a crackle of static or will lose signal in one ear. I have verified this on my headphone and the ones that came with the Pre. Is this a issue I should take my phone into my local Sprint store for repairs, or just something I'll have to live with?
    In my experience, this happens eventually with every audio device using 1/8" plugs. But you could certainly try to get your Pre replaced, if you want to risk getting a refurb that has worse problems.
    when is the next device coming out!
    i want better hardware!!!!
    when is pixi plus coming to sprint?
    So, I don't know if there is anything you can do or advise but I don't know what to do and Sprint is about to lose my account and my husband's business account. My husband has been with Sprint for a couple of years for his work account... but had a personal account through Alltel with our lines on it... Then the merger happened and we went through oh about 9 months of #@!! because the service was awful, the customer service was the most awful I have been treated in my life... we opened like three trouble tickets and they all disappeared even though we had techs calling us during this investigations. So, finally I got my husband to fork over the 400$ ETF so we could go to Sprint... They had a killer deal on the Pre and a lil savings on the Samsung Moment.

So, all together we spent about $760.00 to switch and I love Sprint, the customer service is amazing and helpful, the problem for me is the Store Managers. So, yes... I got the Palm Pre for free... Radioshack had a sale for about two and half weeks were new lines could get the Palm for free and my husband got his phone and all was wonderful... till I got home. I noticed what looked like a white line along the top, left hand corner along the outline of the part of the screen that lights up. I thought I had scratched it somehow but when I ran my finger over it... the surface was smooth. Then when the battery got low I put it on the charger.... now, the phone starts getting very, very hot. Then while on the charger, I could barely touch it and when I tried to close the apps I had open they just hit the top of the screen and came back down... repeatedly. Finally, I just restarted it. I called the Radioshack and ordered a replacement.

Then a week later went to go pick it up and when the rep handed me the "new" phone I was startled. I almost thought for a minute they were trying to pull something tricky and then I realized it was the new phone, it just had the same exact line under the surface. It felt much tighter than the first one, the button on the front was a dark, hematite looking color (the first button was lighter, more like a white or pearl color) so I took it home and was very happy. Till I put it on the charger... and it got hot.... again. Now, with the first phone... It did get really hot and act all funky but the battery life on it was ok. Close to 8 or 10 hours under moderate use. I just charged the phone, off, at night. This phone, it doesn't get as hot but the battery life is terrible. I have to charge it about 3 times a day to a hundred percent. The new phone will last about 4 hours under moderate or even no use... just sleep mode over night, not on the charger.

So I call Radioshack again. The manager tells me he has never had nor heard of the Pre having any problems whatsoever, if so there would've been a recall... I quote. Then he tells me that if he gets another replacement shipped from another local store and it is broken out of the box... he can't afford to do another replacement and he is going to cancel my account and give me a refund. So, I am aware this isn't Sprint's problem... exactly... in theory... so I called Palm and they wanted me to be without a phone and then wait for a refurb. This did not make me happy, so I decided to wait the three days and get the new one.

Then, I talked to the manager again and he apologized. He said that all the regional stores get their stock from the same location. He had called 8 locations and they were all out of Pre's and said they had to return almost every one they sold back to Palm for the same type of issues. He said it must've been a bad batch and he wasn't sure when they would get more in... if at all. So, stupid me. I think, well.... I should call Sprint and see if they will help me. I was honest from the get go but... a part of me wishes I was a sneaky, liar and didn't tell them that I bought the phone from Radioshack because I would have a new, functional phone now. So, customer service rep and tech support tell me they are sorry but because I didn't get it from Sprint's inventory that they can't help me and I am not a Sprint customer but I am a "RadioShack customer".... ...... ....... excuse me, what? They were very nice and the tech support guy got his supervisor on the phone to see if she would approve sending me a new phone, not a refurb, based on the fact that this was oh, 9 days into my first 30 and after 2 devices... I still haven't touched a working, new phone. But she said she can't....if I had bought it at a Sprint-owned store then they could send me a new one but since I hadn't they had to send me a refurb. Everyone agreed that I deserve a new phone but I wasn't a Sprint customer.

Believe it or not, this is the condensed version. After being told that I could get a new one at Corporate Sprint, that it was at the manager's discretion, 3 times by different techs or account service reps and then I was told no by the store manager before I drove 25 miles to the nearest corporate store I had finally had enough. I was trying to find information about exchanging broken devices on Sprint's site and all of the sudden, a chat window popped up asking if I needed help. (oh btw the "line" which I thought was just the edge of the screen showing... grew to three times the length and has begun to splinter... it's a crack) Long story short? I told her the story, she told me there was another Corporate Sprint 5 mins away from me and since I was in my first 30 days... it didn't matter that I bought it at RadioShack.... they had a defective batch of Pre's and I should get a new one... she made me an appointment after many assurances that it would be fine.... I drive down there and the manager was very rude, tells me no, puts me on the phone with customer service in the corner of the store.

I talk to one woman in tears because the manager embarrassed me to death in front of about 12 people, which is like half the population of my little town. So, after talking to her she transferred me back to account services... the woman didn't even talk to me really... After the customer support told her my story, she said this wasn't right... I should get a new phone, she called 6 Sprint or Authorized Retailers in about a 20 mile radius. She told me that I would have a new Pre that worked by the end of the day.... But after talking to all the managers, she called me back again and said I am sorry, I couldn't find one store that would take the exchange. She seemed to be in shock. She said she had never... not been able to find a store somewhere that would help someone in a situation like me... and that she would call tech support and see what she could do.... this woman was wonderful.... I have never had customer support like this from anywhere but Sprint. She told me she could make a note that says I can cancel without ETF even if out of the first 30 days if the device issue wasn't resolved. I don't know what to do.... Radioshack can't help, Sprint wants to help... just not in my area, and Palm...... don't get me started. This is an awesome phone, I don't want another brand or model, but I do think I should be allowed to receive the product I was promised... not a refurb that is going to most likely be broke down in a month- coming from the poll I posted on here last night and from reading the forums in general, regarding refurbished Pre's. I don't know what to do... Does this make any sense to you? Is this the policy where you guys are located or is it just in my area? I am sorry this is such a long post, I just can't believe how hard that woman worked with me today and even guaranteeing me a new phone per her supervisor by the end of the day, she couldn't find a local Sprint manager that would do it... Honestly, I am very depressed. I am supposed to be getting a refurbished phone on Monday and what happens if it is broken too??? Do I have any options at all? Should I just cancel my contract? I don't want to cancel... Please help... any advice or insight would be much appreciated. I hope this isn't too personal to be posting and I appreciate this thread. Looking for your response, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by stephani.forsythe; 04/03/2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Sorry so long and I left a LOT out... anyway, thanks for reading, if you get a chance.
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    The issue is since you purchased the phone from radio shack they recieve the revenue from that new phone and within 30 days are liable to exchange it under thier return/exchange policy. If you purchased it from a sprint retail channel then your swap would have to take place within sprint retail.

After 30 days you will never have to step foot in a radio shack again but you phone will be swapped for a refurbished model instead of a new.

As far as the radio shack manager saying he would have to cancel the account if he had to swap is any more is an utter crock of crap. Phones found defective within 30 days are returned to palm with a credit. Especially if the manager is aware that they received a bad shipment he should have no problem opening up new boxes with you until he can actually give you a product in good condition. They have no authority to just cancel your account unless you return the device totally. If you swap your phone to a different model I could see them limiting the number of swaps but defective to the same device should be unlimited within 30 days.

No customer service rep over the phone should have ever told you that you would be receiving a new phone unless their department was willing to authorize the exchange themselves. Stores are so heavily monitored on the amount of exchanges and reasons for the exchange that they really need to play it by the books.

I would have to say if you walked into my store we would offer you a refurbished phone or direct you to the radio shack down the hall. I can help with support for your wireless service, I can help you with a billing issue, I can help you with device issues covered under manufacturer warranty and insurance through the tools provided. I could not honor a 30 day return policy from a totally different retailer on a device. You purchased equipment (radio shack) and subscribed to a service (sprint).

TLDR; Go to radio shack and throw a fit. If the store manager doesn't help you bark up the chain.
    are sprint stores replacing speakers now in store? i went into my local sprint store today cuz i have a blown speaker (3rd one) no big deal to me the first and second ones i had metal shavings on the speakers... the second time i just told them and showed them they ordered me a new one this time they said they need to look at the phone and told me to come back monday and drop it off for a few hours... i don't know whats up with that but one of the guys told me they are now allowedto replace speakers in store is that true?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Correct but they are required to trouble shoot the issue regardless. Really if your getting metal shavings in the speaker that are causing it to blow then they should not be covering that at store level as it is considered damage due to negligence so if they are willing to replace it even with that being the case then I would take the hour as a blessing.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Repair centers have still not received parts or even authorization to make in-store repairs to the Pre or Pixi so any repair center trying to repair the unit is making a mistake.

Unfortunately any replacement in the first 30 days have to be made by the retailer you bought from. In this case it's Radioshack, and even though a Sprint corporate store manager *could* replace your unit with a new unit they may not choose to do so. I'm sorry the store manager treated you so poorly, it's possible to refuse a request without being rude.
    It may become necessary to accept a refurbished unit from the Sprint store as a replacement. In my experience the refurbished units have been just as reliable as the new units in the box. Plus the refurbished units all seem to have the newer parts included with minor fixes for some of the issues the earlier units had.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    Correct but they are required to trouble shoot the issue regardless. Really if your getting metal shavings in the speaker that are causing it to blow then they should not be covering that at store level as it is considered damage due to negligence so if they are willing to replace it even with that being the case then I would take the hour as a blessing.
    this last time it wasn't because of metal shavings ive been laid off for the past 3 months and haven't worked im unsure why this one blew i even tried "breaking in" the speaker by having everything quiet for a few days and slowly progressing to full volume
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have a family member nearing the end of their current contract with Sprint. I would like to TOL their service into an additional line of my EPRP Everything Data Family plan without their number changing. Is this possible or will the process require terminating their plan and adding a new line with a new number to the EPRP Family?

Thanks in advance!
    I am wondering when Sprint will release an updated Sprint Navigation that offers similar functionality to Windows Mobile / Blackberry phones. We are on 2.1, while blackberries are on 2.8. The main functionality I am missing on WebOS is the ability to NOT go on Toll Ways. I live in an area with a ton of Tolls, and Sprint Navigation is sometimes completely useless because it wants me to use the Toll Ways. My job sometimes requires me to drive to new areas, and I really miss this feature.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSmurf View Post
    I have a family member nearing the end of their current contract with Sprint. I would like to TOL their service into an additional line of my EPRP Everything Data Family plan without their number changing. Is this possible or will the process require terminating their plan and adding a new line with a new number to the EPRP Family?

Thanks in advance!
    It is a transfer of liability and you don't need to wait till the contract is over. If it is convenient both parties are in a Sprint store together and one person releases liability of the line and another accepts it
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I'm looking for some advice, if anyone can help.

We have about 20 lines on our account. About 5 of them are "simply everything" plans. The other 15 are set up on "Biz essential 4000" and "Add-on" configurations. Our bill is so unstable it's crazy. Sometimes it can double the average cost. We where considering switch the other 15 accounts to simply everything and swapping their phones to something low level in the "simply everything" field. Perhaps BB Curves or something similiar . Not sure which phone we'll choose but.. Wondering what a Sprint rep would think about this. Is it the smart thing to do?

We're looking to regulate the bill. Keep it from hitting high numbers because of overages. At the same time.. drop the price of our bill some. The "add-ons" accounts are only 25.00 but the "BE4000" are 200.00 a piece. Without overages.. our bill averages 2800.00 but with overages.. can sometimes hit around 3000.00 to 3500.00.

Any advice would be great.