Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Ok. I checked again online, and I AM eligible for the Sprint upgrade (had to double check once more) and from what I can tell online, Best Buy's price is $99.99 for the upgrade.

Thank you very very much for the timely response.
    I am on my 2nd phone. it's a refurb from asurion. I had to pay the deductible because I was misinformed by customer rep that it wasn't a known issue. I called my local repair shop and described the issue to them (crack starting at USB) and they told me they would not replace that sort of damage under any circumstance because it wasn't a known issue like the spiderweb coming from the bottom of the screen. So I called asurion to file the claim, and found out after that palm had recently recognized the usb crack as a known issue. I had already asked asurion to add the deductible to my bill and when I found out it was a known issue I planned to ask sprint for atleast a partial rebate (would they even do that?)... anyway - the same day, I dropped the pre while at a gas station and severely damaged the outside of it... ofcourse, it wasn;t banged up around the usb, but I doubted at that point they'd believe my story, so I swallowed the 100 bucks.

my refurb unit sucks. it has wayyy more oreo than my older unit, and it is getting worse. WHat should I do? wait it out? I want a pre with a better build quality but there is no guarantee I will get one.... If I go in to the store, will they give me a new one or a better refurb? or do I have to go through asurion since they are the ones that sent me this particular phone??

THanks.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Cracking from the button is considered a known issue but not from the USB port. While it is more common due to the fragile nature of the phone it is almost 100% from physical damage and not a manufacturor defect. And no it being fragile is not a defect some phone just aren't durable.

The oreo effect is considered normal and the phone will not be replaced for it by a store. Assurion does warranty their replacements so you could posibly complain to them.
    My pre became a chew toy for my Lab, the screen has DEEP scratches in it from her teeth but overall still works perfectly. The scratches are really annoying to look at though. My question is, will the insurance replace my phone for the scratches if it still works fine? Thank you.
    Hello and thanks Sprint Reps for this thread. I have a discount question. A friend told me that he thought that AAA had a discount with Sprint. Do you all know if that is true (or can point me to a place to look)? If it is true what avenues would I have to get this discount applied to my account. Thanks again for your help.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acv4 View Post
    My pre became a chew toy for my Lab, the screen has DEEP scratches in it from her teeth but overall still works perfectly. The scratches are really annoying to look at though. My question is, will the insurance replace my phone for the scratches if it still works fine? Thank you.
    Yep! Just tell them the screen is damaged, no need to give them details about its functionality.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    hello and thanks for creating this. It has been extremely helpful.
    my question is: I droped my phone a couple weeks ago and I cracked the screen a litle bit but not too bad so it didn't bother me, everything was fine up to about three weeks when the speaker in the phone went out, I took the phone to sprint to ask to fix it cuz I got it under insuarance, they was gona fix it but then they saw the crack on the screen and refused to fix it because it has fisical damage, they told me I would have to do and insuarance claim so I did but they want me to pay a 100 dollar for it so I told them no, and I been living with no speaker for three weeks but now my power button is going out and I don't know what to do, is there a way around it so they fix it or iam gona have to pay up. Any help is appreciated.
    ps. Sorry for my spelling English is my second language
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyhut1973 View Post
    Hello and thanks Sprint Reps for this thread. I have a discount question. A friend told me that he thought that AAA had a discount with Sprint. Do you all know if that is true (or can point me to a place to look)? If it is true what avenues would I have to get this discount applied to my account. Thanks again for your help.
    You should just be able to call customer care or visit any store and they can look it up for you. There doesn't seem to be a complete listing anywhere on the web. Any of the lists you may see are incomplete I assure you. When I am in the office I'll try to remember to look it up for you.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estebanortiz1 View Post
    .....my question is: I droped my phone a couple weeks ago and I cracked the screen a litle bit but not too bad so it didn't bother me, ......
    Unfortunately because of the physical damage, it makes it impossible to exchange the phone under warranty. The $100 insurance claim or a $120 service and repair replacement (Advanced Exchange) are your only options.
    I have a few question...I think this may have been covered but I am still unsure.

I am on the $69.99 plan and receive a 15% employee discount as well as a $20/month discount. Do I still qualify for Premiere even though I get the 2 discounts? If so how and when do I get notified or where could I see the status? I opened my account 08/11/2009 so I just past the 6 month mark. If I do qualify for Premiere would I be eligible for upgrade 1 year after I qualify or 1 year after I started the contract.

Thanks for you help and for this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    I have a few question...I think this may have been covered but I am still unsure.

I am on the $69.99 plan and receive a 15% employee discount as well as a $20/month discount. Do I still qualify for Premiere even though I get the 2 discounts? If so how and when do I get notified or where could I see the status? I opened my account 08/11/2009 so I just past the 6 month mark. If I do qualify for Premiere would I be eligible for upgrade 1 year after I qualify or 1 year after I started the contract.

Thanks for you help and for this thread...
    See this thread for your answer.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-discount.html
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    My concern stems from my last replacement experience. My experience went something like this:
    (1st pre)
    me: Hey, my speaker died.
    OK, yup, its dead, heres a NEW phone, have a nice day!
    -I barely had to even stand at the counter.

(2nd pre)
    me: Im having trouble with my phone, the earpeice is dead.
    Oh? Lemme see... yup, its dead. Some of these phones have had issues
    me: Yeah, my first one had the speaker on the back die
    Oh? You had it replaced already? I cant help you <silence>
    me: oooooooohkay, what do I do then? I have the insurance..
    You have to goto a repair facility <employee disappears>
    me: hey, mr. manager over there, do I really have to drive all the way across town to get this resolved?
    is that what she told you <implying employee>
    me: uh, yeah.
    Then yes.
    (I drive across town, 30 minutes away)
    me: Im having issues with my earpeice
    Well, you probably dropped it, but whatever, drop it off and come back in an hour, we'll either give you you phone back, or a new one.
    me: oooooohkay. <biting my tongue>
    (wait 50 minutes)
    me: I dropped off my phone about an hour ago
    we dont take drop-offs, you must be at the wrong store.
    me: no, I dropped it off with *that* guy, said it would take 45 mins to look
    (waits another 15 mins as the guy walks off)
    Okay, we have your phone, but we need 45 mins to assess its condition.
    me: You said that *checks watch* an hour and 30 mins ago..
    It will take 45 mins sir.
    (I come back 50 minutes later)
    me: I dropped my phone off before
    Yeah, youre early, but we setup a refurb since its possible you broke it, but we cant prove it.
    me: uh, thanks. Any chance you all swapped the pics and stuff from my phone to the new?
    Ugh... you didnt ask that before... come back in 30 mins.
    me: Okaay.
    (good thing there is an awesome cigar store next-door)
    me: Okay, its only been 20 mins, but I have to get back to the other side of the world sometime today.
    Here, we couldnt transfer everything, what you have is what you have.
    me: uh, thanks.
    *tries out the phone*
    me: hey, why is it being so picky about the launcher coming up?
    the screen takes a while to learn, after a couple resets, you should be fine
    me: Im not sure thats accurate..
    well, take it or leave it, we cant, wont give you a new phone.
    me: Ok.
    (2 days later)
    me: The screen is cracked
    where?
    me: cant see it, its under the gesture area.. and thats why the launcher doesnt work right
    I cant see anything
    *squeezes the screen slightly, in frustration, and watches the crack snap up the whole screen*
    well, you just broke it, now it will be $100
    me: it was broken to begin with, thats why it cracked more with only a little force
    ... you broke it, $100 please.

I paid, and got my current device.

This time, I plan to just walk in and say NOTHING other than "my speaker is broke" and see how it goes. I just dont want to have to drive all the way across town to find out I need to pay $120 again (in-store versus waiting for new phone to be shipped to me) and wait 4 hrs. The cross-town store sucks, its staffed by a bunch of ******y frat guys and trannies (seriously) that are more concerned with looking cool than doing their job.
    sadly that may sound accurate. im surprised the tech didnt replace your earpiece. speakers are also replaceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by dynastyisp View Post
    sadly that may sound accurate. im surprised the tech didnt replace your earpiece. speakers are also replaceable.
    Palm still has a limitation on what Service and Repair locations can do. I don't think they can take the devices apart yet, they still have to send them back and just do an entire replacement. I could be wrong, but that's how it was still a little while ago when I asked our local repair location.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The policy is still No Repairs. We have been asked to not take the Pre apart for any repairs. All units are replaced. While repairs are certainly possible it's not the policy.
    I had to put a $50 dollar deposit down to start an account back in june. My question is when do i get the deposit back? (i thought the rep said 6 months) does it come off the bill or do they send me a check? I have payed all my bills on time
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    1 year, and it will be credited to your account unless you call in 6 weeks in advance and request a check be mailed instead.
    When does Sprint withdraw funds from your bank account/credit card when you do automatic bill payments? My bill is due in a few days and it still hasn't been paid off.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    When does Sprint withdraw funds from your bank account/credit card when you do automatic bill payments? My bill is due in a few days and it still hasn't been paid off.
    Autopay occurs 2 days before the bill due date once it is setup. Your bill itself will tell you exactly the date it is going to be withdrawn, if it does not have this information in big words right on the first page with your total then autopay will not occur on that cycle. It can take a couple of billing cycles for autopay to be setup completely.

If you decide to be sure and pay the bill ahead of the autopay date, only the remaining balance (if any) will be removed automatically. So there is no downside to paying your bill before the autopay date.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    i know this has probably been answered but if im a premier customer with a family plan only the primary line gets an upgrade every 12 months... what if i made my line primary would i get the 12 month upgrade even though originally i wasn't primary?
    Will sprint users ever get the tricked out Pre with more RAM and storage, or are we stuck with the lame second best pre that we currently have?