Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    ......If I were to move my line to a separate individual plan but leave all of the other lines, would my Sprint Premier status follow me and I still be able to get a discount on a new phone every year instead of every two years? Would that separate plan have to be on the same account to keep the discount, or if it was on a separate account would I still be able to keep my Sprint Premier status and get a new phone every year?......
    If the plan your phone is on after the switch qualifies for premier status then yes . As far as your other phones: as long as they are on a qualifying plan or if the account is more than 10 years old they should stay on premier and another line will be selected to be the early upgrade line.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    If the plan your phone is on after the switch qualifies for premier status then yes . As far as your other phones: as long as they are on a qualifying plan or if the account is more than 10 years old they should stay on premier and another line will be selected to be the early upgrade line.
    Ok, so if I switched to the $69.99 Everything Data 450 plan right after I next upgraded my phone, how long would it take for that plan to gain sprint premier status? Three months?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say thanks. Went to sprint at lunch today and did a bit of honest complaining and said how I had friends with newer phones that where much nicer and after minimal wavering the lady just offered to order me a replacement. 3-5 days till, theoretically, proper slider bliss.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hopefully this is an easy one:
    My company just switched to Sprint and at the same time I received a promotion, which means company cell phone. I already have a Pre on Sprint with a 3 person family share plan. Sprint has an account switching form that I've yet to fill out pending the answers to these questions:

1)I'm the account holder, if I move my number to the company account, can I still be the account holder without a number?

2)How long does the switch take, do I need to expect phone downtime?

3)Is there an opportune time to switch, ie last day of my billing cycle? I don't want to be hit with prorated bills or any extra fees.

Thanks.
    I'm 14 months into my 2 year sprint contract. I have a basic plan with a basic phone. I NEED to get a data plan and would really like a Palm Pre. Is there anything I can do to avoid paying full price? I just called and they weren't having any of it. I didn't really press them though, just making an inquiry. It would be much cheaper to just pay the termination fee and get an iphone than pay full price on a pre, but I'd much rather have the pre.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by utstu View Post
    I'm 14 months into my 2 year sprint contract. I have a basic plan with a basic phone. I NEED to get a data plan and would really like a Palm Pre. Is there anything I can do to avoid paying full price? I just called and they weren't having any of it. I didn't really press them though, just making an inquiry. It would be much cheaper to just pay the termination fee and get an iphone than pay full price on a pre, but I'd much rather have the pre.
    Call in, tell them you need to cancel. When they ask why simply explain the situation. Let them know you have no problem renewing the contract or bumping up to the more expensive plan with data, but that the only other option for you at this point is to cancel. A good agent on the other end will realize they haven't lost any money on you up this point, and they will only gain by renewing your contract with the higher priced plan.

Good luck, hope it works out. If not, port your number to a go phone for a few days, pay the termination for your current account, then start a new Sprint account, port your number back from the go-phone, and get the new Pre you want at the right price.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    1)I'm the account holder, if I move my number to the company account, can I still be the account holder without a number?

2)How long does the switch take, do I need to expect phone downtime?

3)Is there an opportune time to switch, ie last day of my billing cycle? I don't want to be hit with prorated bills or any extra fees.
    1. The account is in your name, tied to your social security number, it is still your account.

2. 15 minutes, no downtime.

3. This part is tougher since the billing system seems to randomly pick your billing cycle date. There shouldn't be anything strange with your bill since all the pro-rated mess should end on on the new account which you don't pay for anyway.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Ok, so if I switched to the $69.99 Everything Data 450 plan right after I next upgraded my phone, how long would it take for that plan to gain sprint premier status? Three months?
    Yes, 2-3 billing cycles.
    Call in, tell them you need to cancel. When they ask why simply explain the situation. Let them know you have no problem renewing the contract or bumping up to the more expensive plan with data, but that the only other option for you at this point is to cancel. A good agent on the other end will realize they haven't lost any money on you up this point, and they will only gain by renewing your contract with the higher priced plan.

Good luck, hope it works out. If not, port your number to a go phone for a few days, pay the termination for your current account, then start a new Sprint account, port your number back from the go-phone, and get the new Pre you want at the right price.
    Thanks for the response. I called back and finally got to someone in the rentention department (or whatever they call it) she eventually offered me $150 off the phone and a $20 credit on my bill each month on my new 2 year data plan. I took it. Much better deal in the long run compared to switching providers.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Thanks sprint loyalist's for setting up this thread. My questions may have been asked already. Do you know if sprint will get the next new device from palm or if sprint and palm maybe having any relationship issues that might prevent the next webOS device from hitting sprint first.(details of device specs or hardware if you have any) Just for the records I'll stick with sprint regardless. If you have any info it would be much appreciated,keep up the good work!!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    There is a "mystery" Palm device in Sprint's inventory system, but that's the only thing anyone knows at this point.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I thought the pre uses wifi to make calls? Airave went down and I cant call anyone through my wifi enabled device? why?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre jr View Post
    I thought the pre uses wifi to make calls? Airave went down and I cant call anyone through my wifi enabled device? why?
    ? No.

Wifi is for data only. A phone is still a phone and it uses cellular systems. The airave is like having a mini cell-tower in your house.

Phone > Air-rave > Internet > Sprint > whoever you are calling
    i'm a sprint friends and family member and i unfortunately lost my phone today. i've only had it for a little over a month (this is my second pre cuz the first one kept shutting off). anyway, i called cust serv to put a restriction on my account. i asked them if i'd be able to get another pre since i have insurance on mine and they said yes. but the catch is it's going to be a refurb plus i have to fork over $100! i have no problems paying that fee if i got a brand new one. but it's a refurb! i'm afraid i'm gonna get a lemon. any suggestions?? thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmag75 View Post
    ..... i have no problems paying that fee if i got a brand new one. but it's a refurb! i'm afraid i'm gonna get a lemon. any suggestions?? thanks in advance.
    The insurance units come from Asurion, just like the units from a repair center they are normally refurbished units. A new Pre has a full price of $550, versus the $100 for a refurbished unit from Asurion. The economics say it is bad business to give you a new unit since your $7 per month plus the $100 deductible only comes out to $300 (with 2 years of paying for insurance).

You can request a new in-box unit, but they probably won't do it.

If there is anything wrong with the unit you can simply call Asurion back and ask to have another unit shipped out for free.

Think of it like car insurance. You pay your monthly fee and when you get into a accident you pay your deductible and they repair your car to like-new condition, they don't buy you a new car. And if your accident makes your car unrepairable, they give you the current value of the car not the value of your car when it was new.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    How many Palm Pre units and hassle (the last part being subjective I know) until an option opens up to get into another phone (Hero)?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ? No.

Phone > Air-rave > Internet > Sprint > whoever you are calling
    Yes i know that the airave did calls but i thought i could use the wifi was also used for phone calling. Thank you for making me aware of that though.
    I was planning on upgrading my Sprint phone to the Palm Pre, and noticed a few things.

First, according to Sprint, I am eligible for the $150 discount at 19 months of service instead of 22. I know the primary line is a Sprint Premiere member, so i think that is attributed to this.

I then noticed that to upgrade to the Palm Pre online is $250 - MIR. I am fine with that - I understand how the upgrade pricing works. BUT - at Best Buy, they list online that it is $99.99 to upgrade, but it must be the Primary Line ONLINE. My question is if I can go to Best Buy and upgrade my secondary line to the Palm Pre for $99.99 plus tax, having only been on the contract for 19 months.

The only reason I ask is the fact that I am eligible for the full upgrade pricing directly through Sprint, so I hope that that transfers over to Best Buy
    Bought Pre, speaker on the back died. Got a new replacement, and the earpiece died. Got a refurb to replace that one, and the screen was cracked from day one. I paid $120 to replace that one, and now my current device has a crack from the USB onto the screen (doesnt affect function yet), the speaker is blown, usb door broke off, there are surface cracks from every edge, every feature (earpeice, mic hole, and all 4 corners), my volume up button is tempermental, and I get 5-6 random 'no data' errors a day, but I never actually lose data..

Considering that the speaker, volume, and cracks are all (IMO) lack of build quality, what is the chance I can get a replacement phone in-store without having to fork out $100+?
    good if you explain your situation and dont get rude with them just tell them everything thats happened from the start nicely buy the time you get half way through the story they will probably give you another phone just to shut you up lol . maybe even ask for the manager if the employee doesnt help you out.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->