Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Is the USB crack issue now a known problem acknowledged by Sprint? Mine has spread to my screen and it is not from abuse, but Sprint says otherwise.
    Sprint has acknowledged the screen cracking from the center button, but they have not released a update concerning the USB port cracking. I've read about it quite a bit here on the forums and let my technician know that it is a issue, but not many repair centers know about this issue. Your best bet may be to contact Palm directly. Let them know that the Sprint repair centers haven't been informed of the issue so they will not replace the unit under warranty for you, chances are good Palm will do the replacement.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I'm looking to get sprint and going to need to add my grandmother to the plan.. the problem is I can't find a phone for a 86 year old.. help me find what i need
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Thanks for doing this. Do you have any info on the battery discharge problem under 1.3.5? It seems to be related to wifi and only with certain routers.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I just got my first replacement 2 days ago. (broken power button, and cracks on USB, and left side of the screen, bad headphone jacks) had it since July. anyways they gave me a refurb Pre that has the OREO defect or whatever, its not bad but it does wiggle around. also the second I got it I noticed a crack running down the left side of the screen, just like the my first one.

anyways how come at the repair centers they don't give you new palm pre's. they obviously get them from palm so why don't we get a new one instead of a crappy refurb that will just break again in a couple of months?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Because giving out brand new ones for every replacement is a huge loss for both sprint and palm.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    but the thing is, you give out half broken refurbs, people come back a few weeks later dissatisfied with both sprint and palm. And you end up losing business
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I'm looking to get sprint and going to need to add my grandmother to the plan.. the problem is I can't find a phone for a 86 year old.. help me find what i need
    I would recommend the Sanyo 3810. Nice big screen and buttons, very easy to see. It doesn't have the high speed internet and Sprint TV, but it does have the GPS Navigation. Best thing though would be to take her in and try the phone first to make sure it works for her.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    i was wondering if sprint uses ups or fedex to replace a phone and where do they ship from?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Samsung M240 is your best bet. Sharp screen, large keys, excellent battery life and loud rings
    It's pretty much the simplest phone Sprint carries.

As halcyon said the Sanyo 3810 is also good and actually has a larger, brighter screen. Not quite as basic, but a good unit.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    ......anyways how come at the repair centers they don't give you new palm pre's. they obviously get them from palm so why don't we get a new one instead of a crappy refurb that will just break again in a couple of months?
    Two refurbs is still cheaper than a new unit. True story, and the vast majority of refurbs are perfectly good. I'd say we have defect issues with 1 in 10 refurbished units which is only slightly worse than our failure rate for new units. Phones are complex, and phones like the Pre have more things that can go wrong than your average phone simply due to the complexity of the device.

The hardware on the Pre could have been better, but your milage may vary. In my store four of us have Pres, two of us have had no replacements and our hardware is still working like new with no wobbly sliders , oreos, LCD issues, or anything else. The other two people have each been through multiple units, but those two people are also much harder on their phones.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Does Sprint charge a fee for ESN swaps?

My girlfriend's Pre is having issues with a loose charging port (I warned her about talking on the phone while it's plugged into the car charger, but does she ever listen to me?). The touch-screen is unresponsive unless we mess around with the charging port. Needless to say, she's very annoyed of it (and I have to put up with her being annoyed).

So I want to temporarily move her service to her old Sanyo Katana (via Sprint.com) while we get this resolved.

So, will I get charged for transferring service to her Katana? If so, how much?
    Last edited by RafRol; 01/26/2010 at 07:08 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with Sprint, and I'm glad to report that there is no charge for ESN exchanges!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    When I close my pre it shuts down. I then have to take out the battery and re-start it. I took it to a sprint store and they said it was little conections on the touchstone cover. I do not know if this what is wrong now, or a lose battery. Some times it will then start up, but only display the pre logo, and not palsate.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I've went through 3 phones in the last two weeks. I've had multiple issues with speakers going out, volume ending up at the bottom continually and they gave me a new phone about 5 days ago instead of a refurbed one. Everything went OK for a few days but in the last 3 days the volume just keeps ending up on the bottom again.

What's up? I changed the charging cover after reading about that possibility and having an extra one from an extra charger I bought. Nothing different. This is making me think the Pre might have a serious issue. Anyone else continually finding their volume at the bottom?

Thanks... G..
    This is a great thread, thanks for your time and energy in answering all the questions. I've got one:
    I am on a 1500 everything data plan with my wife and I. We are going to add my in-laws but we already have sprint phones for them to use. Can I get them on the plan with our current phones and more importantly can we save the new contract discount on those lines for when new phones come out that my wife and I might want? In other words can we add my in-laws with no contract and get the new contract discount later on those lines?
    Thanks for your answers!
    John
    I have a question about my account

I'm on an Everything Data 1500 family plan right now, I've had Sprint for so long we are Sprint Premier customers and since I have the primary phone, I get a discount on a new phone every year instead of every two years.

If I were to move my line to a separate individual plan but leave all of the other lines, would my Sprint Premier status follow me and I still be able to get a discount on a new phone every year instead of every two years? Would that separate plan have to be on the same account to keep the discount, or if it was on a separate account would I still be able to keep my Sprint Premier status and get a new phone every year?

Also, if I switched to an individual plan on a separate account and left the rest on that family plan, would everyone else still on that family plan remain Sprint Premier customers as well as I still be a Sprint Premier customer on my separate plan?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I have a question. I bought my palm pre on june through ebay (paid full price) and it broke a month ago. I got a refurb. am I eligible to upgrade phones anytime since I didn't get the phone from sprint?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    That depends on when the last time you actually purchased a phone from sprint with a discount was. Check https://manage.sprintpcs.com/special...bateWelcome.do to see what your current eligibility is.

Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    I have a question about my account

I'm on an Everything Data 1500 family plan right now, I've had Sprint for so long we are Sprint Premier customers and since I have the primary phone, I get a discount on a new phone every year instead of every two years.

If I were to move my line to a separate individual plan but leave all of the other lines, would my Sprint Premier status follow me and I still be able to get a discount on a new phone every year instead of every two years? Would that separate plan have to be on the same account to keep the discount, or if it was on a separate account would I still be able to keep my Sprint Premier status and get a new phone every year?

Also, if I switched to an individual plan on a separate account and left the rest on that family plan, would everyone else still on that family plan remain Sprint Premier customers as well as I still be a Sprint Premier customer on my separate plan?
    If you switch to an individual plan on a separate account to get premier you will have to be on a base plan of 69.99 or up for 3 to 4 months. The old account will remain premier and someone else will end up getting the 12 month upgrade perk. You can call in and have them change which phone will get this.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    ....... This is making me think the Pre might have a serious issue. Anyone else continually finding their volume at the bottom.....
    I've never heard of this issue, are you sure it's not a your case or just how you hold the phone?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    I have a question. I bought my palm pre on june through ebay (paid full price) and it broke a month ago. I got a refurb. am I eligible to upgrade phones anytime since I didn't get the phone from sprint?
    https://manage.sprintpcs.com/special...anity:upgrades

Check for yourself if you're due for your upgrade. As long as you didn't get the phone from a Sprint dealer at the discounted price your upgrade dates don't change.