Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erikmarcus View Post
    Will Sprint users get a refreshed webOS device like the "plus" models in the next month or too?
    Unknown. Believe me when I say it's not uncommon for us to be the LAST people to receive notification about a new phone launch.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    ....The replacement was perfectly fine until I used the GPS on it for the first time. Somehow the GPS signal is much much weaker on this one. .......So what can I do? Can I escalate this issue with Palm or Sprint to see if I can get this thing replaced? ........
    A good repair center should have test procedures beyond pulling the battery out and telling you everything is fine. If their technician isn't seeing the issue you need to grab a manager and demonstrate the issue for them. If the GPS lock ins't very accurate that should be fairly simply to demonstrate simply using google maps. My Pre is accurate to within 20 meters, and yours should be too.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    .......My question then is, is there any way for me to get a good proper working phone. I just went to radio shack and sprint and both of them basically said "lol no".........
    If your phone has the issue where it is turning off on slide, they can stall you until they receive more foam pads (yep, a foam pad that makes the battery fit tighter, it works well in most cases), but in the meantime your phone isn't working well. I would speak to a manager, have them remove a new unit from the box and show them the difference in the twist of the slider, anything more than a tiny amount of twist is too much. They should replace your unit just for the battery issue, since they don't have the part.

As a repair center, our job is to repair your phone. If we don't have parts or the unit is not repairable we replace the unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    If your phone has the issue where it is turning off on slide, they can stall you until they receive more foam pads (yep, a foam pad that makes the battery fit tighter, it works well in most cases)...
    I experienced this slider crashing phenom on my phone and took the recommendation of another post. The post suggested it was not a physical space problem with the Pre but one of poor electrical resistance in the battery terminals. Rubbing alcohol was suggested to clean them.

I don't know if it works every time but I can tell you that my Pre has been working great ever since I cleaned the battery terminals.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    A good repair center should have test procedures beyond pulling the battery out and telling you everything is fine. If their technician isn't seeing the issue you need to grab a manager and demonstrate the issue for them. If the GPS lock ins't very accurate that should be fairly simply to demonstrate simply using google maps. My Pre is accurate to within 20 meters, and yours should be too.
    Thats not the problem, it gets an accurate lock almost all the time. The manager even tested this in front of me 3 times but that's not even an issue I am having. Its while actually on the road I have two main problems:

1. Always getting, "your GPS signal is weak" announcement and then it goes away after a minute or so (in the mean time I am doomed if I have turns to make. this is why I always have google map printouts as backups now)
    2. The navigation app constantly thinks I am off track. It is so inaccurate that a lot of the times I will be at ONE end of the bridge waiting to enter a freeway and it will think I am on the complete opposite side of the bridge and it will reroute a few times till if figures out where I actually am and this kind of thing just repeats at random times during the trip when it thinks I am on a street I am not.

The manager just told me that GPS systems can be inaccurate sometimes. I understand this but again my first Pre that I had for 3 months or so never had accuracy issues while I was on the road and only showed the your GPS signal is weak error a hand full of times. I have probably seen it at least 100 times in the last 3 months of having my 2nd Pre.

I am going to see if calling Sprint or maybe Palm support to see if they can escalate the issue to get me a replacement. As a last resort I might just have to pony up $100 to get the insurance company to replace it.

Oh and thanks for taking the time to read my post, didn't think someone would actually read that wall of text
    I dropped my Pre in water, I canceled my insurance last month, and still have a warranty on it. What are my options?
    My volume rocker stopped being able to turn the volume up, I have not gone in to have it checked out, however i dropped my pre yesterday and the power button does not work correctly, and cracked the side near the power button (have to push it in really hard to work) I know the power button issue is my fault and i can live with that, but is it worth bringing in for the volume issue or will they most likely try to blame that on the drop. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    I dropped my Pre in water, I canceled my insurance last month, and still have a warranty on it. What are my options?
    This sounds like troll bait if I ever heard of such a thing. The short is your warranty does not cover water damage. Do a search here for "rice" and if that does not work then look for a replacement on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by devilhound1 View Post
    My volume rocker stopped being able to turn the volume up, I have not gone in to have it checked out, however i dropped my pre yesterday and the power button does not work correctly, and cracked the side near the power button (have to push it in really hard to work) I know the power button issue is my fault and i can live with that, but is it worth bringing in for the volume issue or will they most likely try to blame that on the drop. Thanks.
    I've experienced the volume up button needing to be pressed very hard too (but I haven't resolved that issue yet). Too bad about dropping it. You can try, but I'm guessing they'll tell you that you need to use insurance now.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I got my pre replaced the other day (the volume stuck in lower volume mode). The replacement is a refurbished phone with a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. Will I have any luck if I bring it in and ask for a different replacement?
    Hey guys, I've got a question about replacing my pre. Ever since I got the phone (over 30 days ago), it's screen was wobbly, not too much, but just enough to get on my nerves. I went to a Sprint store, asked them about it, and they said that it's "wear and tear" (granted, I did tell them that it just started happening a few days ago, but that was out of fear that they'd say I was SOL because it was past 30 days). In the end, the guy just told me to call some number and ask for a Palm rep to speak to regarding the problem. So long story short, I'm worried that I'm SOL, any suggestions? Thanks in advance, btw!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I got myself a troubling question for any sprint insider.

I walked away from sprint when they last did their rate changes a little over a year ago, And when I did I paid all my final bills and such and off I went. Well Long story short, They have placed me in collections for that final bill, and I'm having a hell of a time finding the records (changed banks, They are digging and plan to call me.) Now the question I have is that If I just give in and pay the $80 or so that they claim that I owe, Will the "write off" flag (as the sprint rep called it over the phone) go away allowing me to return without a massive deposit hit?

I figure its not a black and white kind of issue, But I'm just trying to get some perspective from the other side of the wall.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c01e View Post
    ......They have placed me in collections for that final bill, and I'm having a hell of a time finding the records (changed banks, They are digging and plan to call me.) Now the question I have is that If I just give in and pay the $80 or so that they claim that I owe, Will the "write off" flag (as the sprint rep called it over the phone) go away allowing me to return without a massive deposit hit?......
    If you pay off the balance, there may be a deposit when you decide to come back, but it won't be massive, perhaps $100-$150 a line. If your credit is really good, there may not be a deposit at all.

You might also simply speak to financial services, and find out what the $80 was for considering you paid your final bills at the time and thought the account was closed. Also make sure to let financial services know that you never received a bill for the $80.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saxyjaz View Post
    I got my pre replaced the other day (the volume stuck in lower volume mode). The replacement is a refurbished phone with a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. Will I have any luck if I bring it in and ask for a different replacement?
    Yes! The replacement units all have a 2 week bounce period where the service center can simply order another unit for you and send your defective unit back.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJZaur View Post
    .....it's screen was wobbly, not too much, but just enough to get on my nerves. ....... So long story short, I'm worried that I'm SOL, any suggestions? Thanks in advance, btw!
    It's always better on these service replacement units to point out any issues as soon as possible, a defective unit should always be sent back immediately by a repair center and a replacement unit ordered. In fact, it's not out of line to inspect the unit before they activate it.
    Palm may be able to help you, I have head some great stories about Palm going out of their way to help folks with hardware issues.
    Unfortunately many repair centers use the wear and tear line even on models they know have these sort of hardware issues. The Pre is a fantastic phone but many of its hardware issues look like abuse or wear-and-tear (cracked LCD, volume keys falling off, slider wobble/gapping, LCD discoloration, power button not working).
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    If you pay off the balance, there may be a deposit when you decide to come back, but it won't be massive, perhaps $100-$150 a line. If your credit is really good, there may not be a deposit at all.

You might also simply speak to financial services, and find out what the $80 was for considering you paid your final bills at the time and thought the account was closed. Also make sure to let financial services know that you never received a bill for the $80.
    Good to know, Thank you... When I spoke with them the first time they claim its a service bill, And so far they refuse to do anything unless I fax in a proof of me paying that bill. (indeed ironic being I never got another bill pass the one that I paid to leave.) I'll have to keep trying with US bank to find a copy, and worse case, Just pay it and move on, because even with the $80 and even with deposits, Its still cheaper then sticking with AT&T.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I have some serious LCD leakage (color discoloration) more so after the phone gets warm after 10 minutes of use. I went to a Sprint store and they stated while this is clearly a visibile issue, since the phone still functions they can't replace it under warranty. The phone has never been dropped or damaged in any way shape or form, that said, I have been advised that I should go to other Sprint stores because my luck will change since it is highly dependent on the rep. Is this true?
    Is the USB crack issue now a known problem acknowledged by Sprint? Mine has spread to my screen and it is not from abuse, but Sprint says otherwise.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    With the new contract changes on Sprint, is it possible for me to get out of my contract and instead go Month-to-Month? I don't want to leave Sprint, but I still like the liberty of being free from a contract.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    With the new contract changes on Sprint, is it possible for me to get out of my contract and instead go Month-to-Month? I don't want to leave Sprint, but I still like the liberty of being free from a contract.
    Id be willing to bet they would allow you to do this, But not in the easiest way... My guess is that they will make you cancel, And then just re-activate with the same phone and a new number, And being that your not buying any phones, They should let you sign up as a month to month customer.

(I know this because my BBY mobile co-workers have done just that before for people)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I have some serious LCD leakage (color discoloration) more so after the phone gets warm after 10 minutes of use. I went to a Sprint store and they stated while this is clearly a visibile issue, since the phone still functions they can't replace it under warranty. The phone has never been dropped or damaged in any way shape or form, that said, I have been advised that I should go to other Sprint stores because my luck will change since it is highly dependent on the rep. Is this true?
    Yes, the technician makes the call. A different tech may make a different call.