Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    As sales reps we do not deal with the Everything Plus plans. I would hit *2 and just talk to care quick.
    thanks i'll try that.
    Wondering with the Everything Referral Plan, the Sprint Rep that gave me the information said that I would be able to activate one of the plans on my account, but multiple Sprint reps have now told me that I can't do that. Do I have to add a line to get the plan like the other reps say, and how would I get the Referral Plan on my other lines with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint_fan View Post
    Wondering with the Everything Referral Plan, the Sprint Rep that gave me the information said that I would be able to activate one of the plans on my account, but multiple Sprint reps have now told me that I can't do that. Do I have to add a line to get the plan like the other reps say, and how would I get the Referral Plan on my other lines with that?
    The everything plus referral plans are only available fore new activations. You cannot change your already existing plan over to an everything plus plan (unless yo have SERO right now).
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    As sales reps we do not deal with the Everything Plus plans. I would hit *2 and just talk to care quick.
    Worked like a charm. Hit *2, got some recorded messages, got a bit nervous that i'd be in a never automated voicemail loop, hit zero when it was given as an option, another automated message, then a real person. She changed it no hassle and it took about 3 minutes. Done and done.

as a side note. i had sprint in the early 90s for like two years. left cause one couldn't get reception in my house and two bad customer service. Went to T-mobile cause i got reception in my apartment and stellar customer service. I lived in a major city so my reception was as good as can be expected. In 8 years i never had a single issue with them not solved promptly over the phone without a smile. They gave me year contracts instead of two, they gave me discounted phones even when under contract. ect. I left T-mobile for the Pre, not cause it was bad. I'd go back in a heartbeat. My point is this. Sprint has a rep for bad customer service. I've experienced it in the past but at least with this issue I have to say they did a good job and satisfied me. I didn't get any hassle. So hey, so far here's one more person with a happy sprint experience. let's hope it continues.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 12/31/2009 at 04:59 PM.
    I'm looking to move from Verizon to Sprint for MANY reason the first 2 that come to mind is a lower bill and the Palm Pre.

I'm tired of paying 160+ a month for 1 dumb phone and a Centro.

My problem is that my contact end date is 07/01/10. I'm going to put the sprint phones in my new business name so that I can put them down as a business expense. Here is my questions

1) Can businesses use the everything plus plan (using the 109 monthly sign up way)
    2) Using the special signup can I just buy 1 phone and then bring my Fiancee's Pre that she won (has free service until March 2010)
    3) Any way sprint can help me get out of my contract (a LONG shot I know but never hurts to ask)
    4) My current Sprint Phoe (Pre as mentioned above) sometimes drops to 1 bar in my house. Is sprint still helping to fix that with a air rave?
    5) Since my contract ends on 7/1/10 when should I start porting my number 7/02/10?
    6) What is Sprint Wireless Advantage Club and does it differ from that special plan that is 109 a month for 2 phones?
    7) looking for discounts. I work for 2wire so they don't have any.. Not part of a credit union. I do belong to lifetime gym though. any other thoughts?
    Last edited by Major Payne; 01/04/2010 at 09:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I'm looking to move from Verizon to Sprint for MANY reason the first 2 that come to mind is a lower bill and the Palm Pre.

I'm tired of paying 160+ a month for 1 dumb phone and a Centro.

My problem is that my contact end date is 07/01/10. I'm going to put the sprint phones in my new business name so that I can put them down as a business expense. Here is my questions

1) Can businesses use the everything plus plan (using the 109 monthly sign up way)
    2) Using the special signup can I just buy 1 phone and then bring my Fiancee's Pre that she won (has free service until March 2010)
    3) Any way sprint can help me get out of my contract (a LONG shot I know but never hurts to ask)
    4) My current Sprint Phoe (Pre as mentioned above) sometimes drops to 1 bar in my house. Is sprint still helping to fix that with a air rave?
    5) Since my contract ends on 7/1/10 when should I start porting my number 7/02/10?
    6) What is Sprint Wireless Advantage Club and does it differ from that special plan that is 109 a month for 2 phones?
    7) looking for discounts. I work for 2wire so they don't have any.. Not part of a credit union. I do belong to lifetime gym though. any other thoughts?
    1) I don't know 100%, but looking at the site it only allows you to enter information for a personal account,not business. So I would venture to say no, but am not 100% sure, I've never seen a business Everything Plus plan before.
    2) Yes you can add just one phone now and add another later. Everything Plus plans however can only be put on new activations, or on an account that already has an Everything Plus plan. Depending on how it is setup will vary how you have go go about it. If the Pre line is going to be cancelled in March then all you would have to do is add another line on your account, and move your individual plan over to the family plan instead. If it is going to need to be transferred from whatever account it is on now over to you it will be even easier as far as switching the plans is concerned.
    3) I will double check at work when I have a chance, but sometimes there are business account port-in credits depending o nthe situation.
    4) Sometimes, it depends on the circumstances.
    5) I would call Verizon to check, they may have different plocies than Sprint, and I don't know what they would be. Worst case you would have to start it the 2nd.
    6) Wireless Advantage Club accounts are directly under an employee. They maintain total control over the account, including liability. As a trade-off they have much steeper discounting.
    7) Thos are the main ones, there are some in there for being a paying member of AOL service I believe, and a couple others, it's been so long since I've had to look one of those up however I'm just not sure.
    Kevin
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have a question about Sprint coverage. I thought I heard a while ago that Sprint was known for coverage along Interstates and while traveling from Amarillo to northwestern Indiana I would agree with that. We had great Ev coverage the whole way once out of Texas. Is there any info out there as to when certain areas will be upgraded to better coverage? Amarillo has about 200K people and 2 interstates but it still just 1X. The Pre is such a better phone with better coverage. An NFL network game came in perfectly through the middle of nowhere in MO and IL.
    Hey guys, I've got a question about replacing my pre. Ever since I got the phone (over 30 days ago), it's screen was wobbly, not too much, but just enough to get on my nerves. I went to a Sprint store, asked them about it, and they said that it's "wear and tear" (granted, I did tell them that it just started happening a few days ago, but that was out of fear that they'd say I was SOL because it was past 30 days). In the end, the guy just told me to call some number and ask for a Palm rep to speak to regarding the problem. So long story short, I'm worried that I'm SOL, any suggestions? Thanks in advance, btw!
    I was told when I bought my Pre and signed up with Sprint at a corporate store on 6/6/09 that I would be eligible for Premier status in six months. I have an everything data plan -- 450 minutes at $69.99 with a 15 percent employee discount. The only other charge on the bill is for insurance ($7). Of course, I have paid my bill on time each month.

I did not receive any notification about Premier status so I called Sprint today. The customer care representative said that I did not qualify because of the employee discount (in contrast to your earlier post). When I asked for a more definitive answer, he referred me to the accounts department. This rep said that I would qualify after one year. I asked her for some information in writing since her answer conflicted with the sprint website. She supposedly transferred me to a supervisor. After another 15 minute wait, I got a recording to leave a message.

So after 53 minutes, mostly on hold, I am still wondering what the rules are:

1) after 6 months on an everything plan
    2) never because of employee discount
    3) after 1 year on an everything plan.

Thanks for your help.

UPDATE: Although I never heard back from Sprint, my call must have done some good. As of 1/13/10, I am shown as a Premier customer.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 01/15/2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I was told when I bought my Pre and signed up with Sprint at a corporate store on 6/6/09 that I would be eligible for Premier status in six months. I have an everything data plan -- 450 minutes at $69.99 with a 15 percent employee discount. The only other charge on the bill is for insurance ($7). Of course, I have paid my bill on time each month.

I did not receive any notification about Premier status so I called Sprint today. The customer care representative said that I did not qualify because of the employee discount (in contrast to your earlier post). When I asked for a more definitive answer, he referred me to the accounts department. This rep said that I would qualify after one year. I asked her for some information in writing since her answer conflicted with the sprint website. She supposedly transferred me to a supervisor. After another 15 minute wait, I got a recording to leave a message.

So after 53 minutes, mostly on hold, I am still wondering what the rules are:

1) after 6 months on an everything plan
    2) never because of employee discount
    3) after 1 year on an everything plan.

Thanks for your help.
    Here are the official requirements.

1) Be with Sprint a minimum of 6 months
    Then one of the below:
    2a) Be a customer with Sprint for 10+ years
    2b) Be on an individual plan $69.99 or more (before discount, and averaged over the previous 3 months)
    2c) Be on a family plan $99.99 or more (before discount, and averaged over the previous 3 months)

It is entirely system managed and is not handled manually at all. Last I read a while ago they weren't doing the welcome kits anymore, they were primarily to get the information out when it was new, but that may have changed.

If you want to check for yourself instead of relying on what a rep tells you. Go to https://www.sprintrebates.com/ and enter in your phone number. If the date you are eligible for the full $150 upgrade is only a year from when you got your Pre you are Premier. In addition your My Sprint page should tell you as well.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post

Then one of the below:
    2b) Be on an individual plan $69.99 or more (before discount, and averaged over the previous 3 months)
    2c) Be on a family plan $99.99 or more (before discount, and averaged over the previous 3 months)

It is entirely system managed and is not handled manually at all. Last I read a while ago they weren't doing the welcome kits anymore, they were primarily to get the information out when it was new, but that may have changed.

If you want to check for yourself instead of relying on what a rep tells you. Go to https://www.sprintrebates.com/ and enter in your phone number. If the date you are eligible for the full $150 upgrade is only a year from when you got your Pre you are Premier. In addition your My Sprint page should tell you as well.
    Thanks for your response. According to the criteria you listed, I should qualify for Premier status now. However, neither the rebate site or the mysprint page shows that I am eligible.

Any ideas about a next step? Thanks.
    Only other thing I can think of is that it hasn't been added automatically yet (If you are only on the 6th month now, it may take until next month to actually appear on the account.

I haven't had a single customer come into my store who should have had Premier who didn't have it automatically added, so I don't even know where to start. I just know that there isn't anything that a rep can do directly to add the premier benefit, it is entirely system-managed.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post

Then one of the below:

Wow hard to believe that I meet the criteria 3 times over, on all except the first one, and I have been with sprint over half that, and that they gave me trouble over getting a pre because I already 'had' one 'upgrade' in the year prior(on a different line, I had an old centro on the main line that I wanted the Pre on).

however I basically forgot that situation because a supervisor came on and treated me right.
    I am having problems with CS. I called *2 and talked to 3 different people and was on hold with one person for over an hour. I am on my 4th pre and I am sick of all the refurbs having the same keyboard issues. My current one, I have to fight to get the keyboard open. Before I was put on hold the CS guy said that he was going to get started on my replacement and that it would not be a refurbed unit.

Well after an hour I got cut off so I called back. The CS rep that answered apologized and everything then forwarded me to the insurance claim, she said that my account had been noted.

I am so lost. All I want is to get a new pre that isn't refurbed.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rxs2k View Post
    ...I am so lost. All I want is to get a new pre that isn't refurbed.
    If your current unit was given to you by Asurion, you will need to deal with them concerning the replacement of your current unit since Asurion is now responsible for warranties on the units they send out.

If your current unit was given to you by a Sprint repair center under a warranty replacement or service and repair replacement (Advanced Exchange), your best bet is to visit a Sprint Corporate Store that has access to the service and repair system. Some Sprint stores have access even if they are not repair centers. You need to speak to the manager and stress your issue with the refurbished units and your four replacements. They can lookup your replacement history and the details of each replacement (assuming the replacements were made by Sprint and not Asurion). A good manager will pull a new boxed unit off the shelf for you.

Many people assume a replacement is a replacement, and this isn't the case. I've had customers tell me stories about how terrible their phone is and how they've had it replaced 4 times in 5 months, but they fail to tell me that 2 of those replacements were by Asurion for unrelated issues.

The vast majority of refurbished units are just fine, and if you have had multiple units all with a similar slider issue, you might re-evaluate how you are using the phone and making sure you're not doing something that is causing the issue. I've only had one Pre in my store with slider issues I felt required replacement, and the phone was definately abused (Belonged to one of my salespeople who has a habit of throwing her phone when she gets a text message or tweet with too much drama).
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Here's one for you Sprint employees. I am on my 2nd Pre, my first ones touchscreen stopped working after 3 months of use. This was back in November when I got it replaced at a Sprint Corp store. The replacement was perfectly fine until I used the GPS on it for the first time. Somehow the GPS signal is much much weaker on this one. For example I am getting the "your gps signal is weak" message in the sprint navigation program almost every time I use it. In the past I probably only saw it a total of 5 times in the 3 months I had my 1st Pre. Other than that the most annoying thing that is happening is the fact that the navigation app always thinks I am off track hundreds of feet away while driving. This causes the navigation to reroute and then when it finally realizes that I am not where it thinks I am it reroutes again. It makes using the navigation app unbearable to use when on my 1st Pre it was a dream to use and worked great.

I went back a week after I got my replacement Pre to the same Sprint store and they took the battery out and rebooted it saying that fixed the problem. I kind of strugged it off knowing it will not fix it since it has to be some sort of strange hardware problem with the GPS radio. So now, in Janurary, many months later I really want to get this fixed. I already ran WebOS doctor to remove all homebrew and patches. The GPS is still inaccurate after that so today I went to the Sprint store again. I explained that I never had these problems on my first Pre. They said they are unable to reproduce the problem so they can not do anything. It is impossible to reproduce the problem unless I have one of the sprint reps sit in my car with me so I can show them what is wrong which would never happen because of liability issues among other things.

So what can I do? Can I escalate this issue with Palm or Sprint to see if I can get this thing replaced? I have TEP if that helps (it isnt helping me in this situation...). I wish they could have just fixed my first Pre, god damn.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Hi did a search through the thread but have kind of a specific situation, though parts of it are already covered, so I figured i would double check so thank in advance for any help.

I got my pre from radio shack on day 1. It had that weird bubble under the screen thing that was rare but some what covered on this forum. I took a bit over a month to catch them with more in stock but i eventually got it replaced at radio shack no problem. The one I got had no screen issue but does have a bit, 1/4 inch, oreo twist as well as a somewhat loose battery compartment. Closeing Doesn't kill it 100% of the time but even some times is to much. Not to mention the slider just is not nearly as tight/smooth as newer models my friends have. I have protection form sprint AND radio shack because I bought the radio shack protection with the phone thinking I would cancel TEP but then read some very mixed reviews on radio shacks protection so I kept it on.

My question then is, is there any way for me to get a good proper working phone. I just went to radio shack and sprint and both of them basically said "lol no". Sprint said they have a part to "fix" the battery issue but they are out of it right now and to check back regularly. I don't think it's unreasonable to want a properly functioning phone. I paid 200 and signed up for two more years of contract for this I shouldn't be required to play QC for things I buy. I would have tried the swap sooner but I didn't know how bad mine was until some friend got there recently and I saw how drastic the quality difference is.

Also I have been a sprint customer for about 5 years now if that helps.

Any help advice would be very much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Will Sprint users get a refreshed webOS device like the "plus" models in the next month or too?
    if i bought a phone online on Friday, and it was listed as having a mail in rebate of say, $50 and now today that same phone is free online, is there any way to get a price match/refund/etc?

ill wait for the rebate if i have to, but we all know how long that can take.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    if i bought a phone online on Friday, and it was listed as having a mail in rebate of say, $50 and now today that same phone is free online, is there any way to get a price match/refund/etc?.....
    Contact customer care and let them know about the price change and see if they can help you in some way. To be honest, prices change and very few retailers have a price change guarantee or anything like that.
    Last edited by yoshk; 01/12/2010 at 01:03 AM.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.